Scorpio alarm installation. - Page 3 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R600 / GSX-R750 General forum > 06-07 GSX-R600/750

Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #41
CoolWhip2Go
Squid

Re: Scorpio alarm installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRWallace View Post
Hello. Has anyone got any pictures of the remote ignition disable install using the inline fuse?

Many thanks
Sorry I don't have any pics up, but it's really quite simple. The two wires that you would splice into the ignition circuit (or fuel pump if you desire) as stated in the install manual, you just would solder it onto a spare fuse and plug it into the ignition fuse spot.

In other words, you take a fuse, which look like the letter "M" and you break off the "v" shaped part, solder one wire to the top of one leg of the "M" and the other wire to the other top part of the "M" and put that fuse (with the wires) where the ignition fuse goes.

Doing it the way I came up with definitely saved me when my battery died, triggering the alarm. When the alarm internal battery died, it left the ignition kill in an "open" state so if I had it cut the ignition wires like the manual says to do, i would have been screwed. You would definitely be screwed if the alarm malfunctioned and left the bypass in an open state; you wouldn't be able to start your bike.

Remember, the whole alarm thing is just a deterrent, and a determined thief would just throw the bike in the back of a pickup and take off! LOL Then it wouldn't matter how you rigged it up! :-)

Old 11-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #42
GSXRWallace
Squid

Thanks for the reply mate. I am not very good at soldering.

Can you think of any other way that i could hook up the remote kill device but in an emergency for me to be able to bypass it?
GSXRWallace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #43
CoolWhip2Go
Squid

Well... umm.. How about using the fuse setup, cutting the "v" section, and just hooking the wire on each leg? It's definitely not the best way, but it will work. Just loop the wire around each leg and push the fuse in. Be sure to angle the wires so that you can put the cover back on top of the fuse block.
CoolWhip2Go is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #44
GSXRWallace
Squid

How about something like in the two links below?

These would plug in to the fuse box and could be removed easy should i need to. what do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Add-A-Circ...item1e747a0dae

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Add-A-Ci...item2a1ba52a6f
Old 11-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #45
CoolWhip2Go
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRWallace View Post
How about something like in the two links below?

These would plug in to the fuse box and could be removed easy should i need to. what do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Add-A-Circ...item1e747a0dae

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Add-A-Ci...item2a1ba52a6f
Sorry man, those are not going to work without modification. The whole point here is to allow the alarm to control the opening and closing of the circuit. The first one "add a circuit" will work, as long as you cut off the wire from the black bullet connector across to the black wire; so that all is left is what I was talking about (fuse with the 2 wires coming from it). If you cut across, then you can add your alarm wires. (one to red and one to black)
CoolWhip2Go is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #46
GSXRWallace
Squid

Great so the first link would work. I see what you are saying about cutting that wire which makes sense
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in