accident on the gsxr - Page 2 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Old 10-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
Islandtsi
Rookie

Motorcycle: K9 750
Re: accident on the gsxr

Get a good lawyer asap
Islandtsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #22
squale147
no rest for the wicked

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2

man that sucks..glad your ok...
squale147 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #23
chief2001
Novice

Motorcycle: 1987 GSXR250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandtsi View Post
Get a good lawyer asap
I already talked with a few lawyers, they pretty much said theres nothing can be done. Just to go accept whatever they decide. You loose hope at getting off things, when more than 1 lawyer and the US emabassy here says that to you. LOL Thing is, they pretty much say, just try to show how sorry I am am and emphasize how regretful I am at the whole situation that I have caused by not following the laws. If I do, they will likely base my punishment based off of that as well. Japan is big on the showing responsibility and they REALLY frown upon not showing any remorse and will get you good if you dont.
chief2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #24
chief2001
Novice

Small update again, over a month out and repairs still not done. Also, decided to go out and practice so I could get take my license test. Well, as luck would have it I still have not finished with my ordeal and I go down a street stop and wait in my lane for the light to turn green, well, a van in front of me decides to go in reverse for some reason and had my front wheel run over by a van and he broke my front fender. So now I have to deal with another accident. I am approaching things differently this time but it would be an understatement for me to say im worried now. lol As for the test I went for, they failed me for ??? being twitchy, not smooth on the throttle, making my right turn too wide, and because I locked up my rear brake a bit during the panic stop section. I would have passed, I know it, if I hadnt made a "wide" turn. Basically not tight to the inside, because it was literally right before the easiest section of the whole thing. turn, stop, turn, turn, turn done. I need to go back again, but i can ride my own bike so well, but that test center bikes are so freaking wierd to ride. End rant and putting on flame suit. I will post a picture of the broken fender. later and a pic of BEFORE the bike got damaged the same night.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #25
Samantha750

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM

Ever think someone is trying to tell you something but you are not listening?

Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #26
chief2001
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samschou View Post
Ever think someone is trying to tell you something but you are not listening?

Not using my motorcycle until I get my license in this country. Feel so bad for my bike. granted I might be an idiot, its other people not paying attention that have hurt my bike so much. Purchased the bike in Mint Condition, now the bike currently looks like its a parts bike or garage project.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #27
rraiderr
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: Stretched and slammed Busa

Glad you are OK.
rraiderr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #28
chief2001
Novice

Haven't had the heart to take a picture of the bike right now. but here is before 2nd accident. and most current pic. Was literally about 40 mins before the van reversed over my front wheel up into me.

Last edited by chief2001; 11-08-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #29
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

My main question in this whole mess is why you put 2 spaces after the letter "I"?
Ironhead401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #30
cainyboy
Buggering Pommy Poofter

Motorcycle: Kawasaki ZX9R

Any update about the court stuff or are you still waiting to go?
cainyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #31
sh00ter
Squid

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
My main question in this whole mess is why you put 2 spaces after the letter "I"?
I wondered the same thing... very curious
sh00ter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #32
coopgt1
Rectum Rupticus

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief2001 View Post
Haven't had the heart to take a picture of the bike right now. but here is before 2nd accident. and most current pic. Was literally about 40 mins before the van reversed over my front wheel up into me.

Just a little hint. Don't stop directly behind cars in front of you . Also don't stop 5ft off their rear bumper . Give yourself a escape route from cars in front of you and behind you .
coopgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #33
chief2001
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
Not sure what your talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cainyboy
Any update about the court stuff or are you still waiting to go?
I asked to postpone it, set in stone now for this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopgt1
Just a little hint. Don't stop directly behind cars in front of you . Also don't stop 5ft off their rear bumper . Give yourself a escape route from cars in front of you and behind you .
Thank you, I was starting to get into the habit of doing that actually, and this time I didnt. Definately a learning experience and one I could learn from. I was actually about 5 ft behind them but he backed up so quickly that I barely had enough time to even honk my horn.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #34
cainyboy
Buggering Pommy Poofter

Motorcycle: Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief2001 View Post
I asked to postpone it, set in stone now for this month.
Keep us updated, good luck with it all
cainyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #35
chief2001
Novice

Small update with pics, Here are pics of the damage and a few after shots from this morning and added some reflective striping to my wheels. Also, I removed my rear foot rests, dont need that on my bike, just extra weight.

Last edited by chief2001; 11-13-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #36
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

That mofo looks brand spanking new with dat glowy rim shit!
Spook155 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #37
chief2001
Novice

Small update to the small update, just found for sale a new 25 year old fender for my bike. has some blemishes but I can probably buff them out with some elbow grease. I'll post pics once I receive it. Didnt think it was possible to fine NEW yet OLD parts for my bike. lol
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #38
G3t Bl1tz3D
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 00 Gsx-R 750

Glad to here you are okay thats the main thing!
G3t Bl1tz3D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #39
chief2001
Novice

So Ill be going in tomorrow see what happens with the police. Fixed my bike up and got paid cash for the last accident I had. Fixed it myself so saved that money and used it to buy some stuff. Went to take the exam today again (7th time) the people there told me "wow, your really good" then shocked that I failed 7 times already Never seen people go from a confident look to "oh crap!" look before they go take their test (they also failed it). lol reason I failed this time though was totally my fault, in the panic stop section I locked up the rear brake for the last bit of the stop at the end. Upset cause today was the EASY course to ride on. (they have two) anyways, bought some LEDs for the instrument cluster (2 of 3 done) and going to buy a racing stand for maintenance on the baby gixxer.

One pic for now. Still waiting on the cowling.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #40
chief2001
Novice

update, went in today to the police station from early moring. finished about half of the work by 5pm. So basically, I went back in and they wanted to confirm again the accident (2 months after the fact ) so without having a camera I used my best recollection of what happened but now they want to say that we were both at fault and not him. . That was one of the things done today, took 3 hours of standing outside in the cold. After that came my interrogation, yeah interrogation but they made it so that it talks about me and my personal history and my time in Japan. Stuff like hobbies, income (pretty sure this means they want to fine me>>>remember that max of $4,000 fine?<<< so they probably want to see how much I can probably pay. ) Well after that, I thought, ok so were done? NO? apparently still a lot more and they want to check to make sure that my license plate was issued legally and that my insurance was issued legally, so I need to bring that in, and still need to get written up for the actual violation itself. So I need to come in another day again to try and finish up. So this is really such a stupid situation, cause despite the fact that I actually had another accident, the last one was, "ok, were done here bye" yet this place need to be completely shafting me in anyway possible. They are investigating this WAY too much. So still not done, once this is done, they will send in everything to a prosecutor to see what my charges/fines will be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in