Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Bike wont start! Startor motor?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Chugs 
#1 · (Edited)
So i was driving home from work when I noticed my oil light was on. Not even a second later I realized the bike had shut itself off. I tried to turn the bike back on but no go. I had it towed to my house, changed the oil, but the bike still wont turn over.

Upon a start sequence everything is of normal. The fuel injectors turn on, power to everything (i checked the battery and its getting a full 12v). But when I try to turn the bike on no clicks just a flat tone comes from the motor.

i tried to bypass the relay to the startor motor. Smoke and sparks and a little bit of fire emerged. I didint leave the plyers in long enough to find out if itll really turn over. I heard a click but I think it was just the relay. Blarg I dunno what to do...

*update* I tried to push start the bike.... its really hard to push the bike in 2nd. A significant difference from neutral (yes i have the clutch lever pulled in). I've pushed started many bikes and cars before. I tried adjusting the cable but to no benefit. I checked the voltage to the starter. With my amp meter's positive wire touching the connection on the top of the startor Im getting 6.45 volts when i try to turn the bike over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.