Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3 - Page 237 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Regional Forums > Ride Club > Northeast

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #4721
gzer
getyouramsoil@gmail.com

Motorcycle: K8 GSX-R600 - K.I.A., K11 S1Krr - K.I.A., K7 750 Track
Re: Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Vesrahs

They don't stop any better. Just ridiculous bite that upsets the bike and their let off is just as abrupt.

The 19x20 haw more travel and is easier to modulate but the 18 haw more feel and arguably more power with less effort. So it depends what you like out of brakes
I ran the Vesrahs cuz that's what came with the bike but ur right. The intital bite is abrupt. I blame that on the motojoe bleed technique though While I was getting used to it, a more progressive pad would be easier to modulate. Most of the time i get on the lever, i'm catapulted forward.Usually coming off of a straight - like T1 & T7 at tbolt.

Quote:
Damp/wet is OK. Driving flooding rain is not.

No heat and they will destroy themselves because of it.
I was gonna go with Bob's choice but now you've talked me out of the SBS. I'm a casual track day rider and switching pads for a rain day is just more than i wanna do right now. So i looked into Performance Friction...

Application Guide:
http://www.performancefriction.com/R...rice_Sheet.pdf

Buy Direct: w/ shipping, prob around $100 for a pair.
http://www.performancefrictionbrakes...ls.php?id=7598

I found them at amazon but they list them as a ZX-10 part...hard to find these outside of PFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj01_6 View Post
I bought the RCS so I could figure out which like better. Turns out the 19x18 had too much travel for me.

I think the hard initial bite gives people the false sense of hard braking.

I switched from the RJLs to the SBS Dual Carbon and instantly fell in love. The DC's require some serious warmup, though. I drag the shit out of them on the warmup lap.
that hard initial bite sure as hell scrubs off a lot of speed though but it's not worth upsetting the bike, my body, OR my bowl of courage!

I can deal with warming up the SBS pads on lap 1. I pussy foot that lap now for the sake of the tires anyway. But the rain issue.......

Quote:
If you're riding on Michelins and theyre doing fine, get the Purest. If you wanna see what Dunlop is all about, the q2 is fantastic as well.
LUV ME SOME Q2's! For the price and my pace, they got ALL the stick i need for now. If ever i do start to "out ride" them, well, that'll suck cuz it only gets pricier from there Ugh, i dread the day i have to shop warmers

Old 11-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #4722
nycrider
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 08 R6 Track
I use PF pads,I've been using the 95's but next season I'm switching to the 05 or the 07 compound.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #4723
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzer View Post
I ran the Vesrahs cuz that's what came with the bike but ur right. The intital bite is abrupt. I blame that on the motojoe bleed technique though While I was getting used to it, a more progressive pad would be easier to modulate. Most of the time i get on the lever, i'm catapulted forward.Usually coming off of a straight - like T1 & T7 at tbolt.

I was gonna go with Bob's choice but now you've talked me out of the SBS. I'm a casual track day rider and switching pads for a rain day is just more than i wanna do right now. So i looked into Performance Friction...

Application Guide:
http://www.performancefriction.com/R...rice_Sheet.pdf

Buy Direct: w/ shipping, prob around $100 for a pair.
http://www.performancefrictionbrakes...ls.php?id=7598

I found them at amazon but they list them as a ZX-10 part...hard to find these outside of PFC.

that hard initial bite sure as hell scrubs off a lot of speed though but it's not worth upsetting the bike, my body, OR my bowl of courage!

I can deal with warming up the SBS pads on lap 1. I pussy foot that lap now for the sake of the tires anyway. But the rain issue.......

LUV ME SOME Q2's! For the price and my pace, they got ALL the stick i need for now. If ever i do start to "out ride" them, well, that'll suck cuz it only gets pricier from there Ugh, i dread the day i have to shop warmers

Motomummy sells the Performance Friction. For you any of them will likely work. the .95s are the better street and trackday crossover pad. The .10 is a good trackday pad or race pad, the .07 is the full race pad.

The SBS can be run in wet like I said, just not a flooding driving rain like this lol

It also probalby didnt help that I am still SUPER hard on the brakes in the rain (even lifting rear tire).

For tires that can go damn fast but dont need warmers I would go with the Pirelli trackday tires. SP or the superbike pro slicks. The michelin Power One commercial are pretty damn sweet too though

Motomummy.com : D&A Cycles of Macon : Livengood Motorsports
us129photos.com : JRI Shocks : M4 Exhaust : Moto D Racing : Dunlop : Hazardous Racing :SFH : SBS : VHS :
www.GoMotoJoe.com
Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #4724
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

When I bought the 600 it had the 07 compound pads in them. They've become my new favs for sure.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #4725
Moto_Joe

I think the 05 is the new one. I never tried it. It came out after I moved to SBS.

Honestly they are so damn close I would use either. But I am sponsored by SBS. I was offered sponsorshp by both, but PF was late to the game and I had already commited to SBS.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #4726
It's_Just_Bob
Deceptively fat procrastinating Bob...

Motorcycle: k8 1000 street, 06 600 track

Since the 07's are very similar to the SBS DC's and are more rain friendly, I will try them next.

Jay, the abrupt brakes will snag you in t9 when you're full leaned over and on the brakes if you're not careful.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #4727
Moto_Joe

I never tried the Performance friction in the rain.

Any dual carbon type pad (Not sintered metal) could suffer the same issue.

Race pads, are not always good for rain.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #4728
Moto_Joe

Not sure what the PFs are made of... should have said that.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #4729
gzer
getyouramsoil@gmail.com

Motorcycle: K8 GSX-R600 - K.I.A., K11 S1Krr - K.I.A., K7 750 Track

Quote:
Motomummy sells the Performance Friction. For you any of them will likely work. the .95s are the better street and trackday crossover pad. The .10 is a good trackday pad or race pad, the .07 is the full race pad.

For tires that can go damn fast but dont need warmers I would go with the Pirelli trackday tires. SP or the superbike pro slicks. The michelin Power One commercial are pretty damn sweet too though
good shit Joe! I'll be running PFs next season. I'll try the .95. I'll take a look at those perillis too.

Quote:
Since the 07's are very similar to the SBS DC's and are more rain friendly, I will try them next.

Jay, the abrupt brakes will snag you in t9 when you're full leaned over and on the brakes if you're not careful.
I didn't dare trail into t9 for that very reason. I'm looking forward to feeling the PFs next season.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #4730
Shaftmaster
PM me of you want your shaft mastered

Motorcycle: 2009 Gsxr 750 2009 Yamaha R6 2002 honda f4i
[QUOTE=gzer;5820662]good shit Joe! I'll be running PFs next season. I'll try the .95. I'll take a look at those perillis too.

Those pirellis are the ones I had on my bike the open day we did. I really enjoyed the feel of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #4731
!ThatGuy!
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
commercial meaning the 2ct? or the competition?

Im narrowing it down to the Pirelli Superbike Pros at $189, the Mich Power One 2ct at $213, or POSSIBLY a Dunlop GP-A at $223. Seems as though the Pirelli is the front runner though with the biggest bang for the buck.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #4732
Pee Wee Herman
AKA 1/4milecrazy

Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by !ThatGuy! View Post

Im narrowing it down to the Pirelli Superbike Pros at $189, the Mich Power One 2ct at $213, or POSSIBLY a Dunlop GP-A at $223. Seems as though the Pirelli is the front runner though with the biggest bang for the buck.
Where are you finding GP-As at 223?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #4733
!ThatGuy!
Lifetime Premium

these are the sportmax GP-A though, is there a difference? Only ones I could find are the sportmax GP-A.

Makes me wonder why the Pirelli is so cheap tho

http://www.bikebandit.com/dunlop-spo...FYd9Ogod1DgACQ

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx

HMMM only $157 for BT003 race..........http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #4734
Moto_Joe

Quote:

No, as in Commercial.

The new race tire from michelin is the Power Cup. The old tire was a Power One competition.

Top to bottom it is
Power Cup
Power One commercial
Pure
PIlot Power 2ct
PIlot power
Power Road III

There is almost zero difference in a Pirelli superbike Pro slick, and the SP dot tire. Just one has tread. Compounds and carcass I think are identical
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #4735
Moto_Joe

Looks like you are talking JUST a rear, not a set. I was wondering on those prices
Old 11-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #4736
Moto_Joe

This is where I get my Pirellis
http://www.mphbikes.com/categories/Tires/
Old 11-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #4737
Pee Wee Herman
AKA 1/4milecrazy

Quote:
these are the sportmax GP-A though, is there a difference? Only ones I could find are the sportmax GP-A.

Makes me wonder why the Pirelli is so cheap tho

http://www.bikebandit.com/dunlop-spo...FYd9Ogod1DgACQ

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx

HMMM only $157 for BT003 race..........http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx
OK, those are the 209 GP-A, they are an older tire.

The GP-As that most of us use are the 211GP-A, which is the AMA spec tire. Even with the 209GP-A I think you would still want to run warmers with them.

What tires are you using right now? I would stick with that brand, the one you are used to. If you ran Michelin's for years, I wouldn't switch to a Dunlop. You probably wouldn't like the Dunlops if you did. I ran Dunlops on all of my bikes, all the way back to the D-207s and D-208s on my Ninja.
CCS AM #795
T 1:35.38/L 1:14.06
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerVixxen View Post
Mine might be an innie, but I promise you you don't want to get into a dick measuring contest with me, son. I'll win.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #4738
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

You can get a 211 rear for less than that direct from Dunlop

http://stores.racetireservice.com/-s...GPA/Detail.bok
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #4739
Pee Wee Herman
AKA 1/4milecrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post
You can get a 211 rear for less than that direct from Dunlop

http://stores.racetireservice.com/-s...GPA/Detail.bok
Guess I will be switching back to the 55s at that price.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #4740
!ThatGuy!
Lifetime Premium

Ah, thank you for the clarification. Im still just seeing Power One 2ct though. Cant find a Power One "Commercial" anywhere. O well.

yeah, just the rears, I figured the price ratios are pretty much the same.

Im interested in trying the Pirellis coming from only riding Michelin all my life. Just read that their carcasses are about the same, with Pirelli being on the softer side. I would keep on riding Mich, but its not like I have been riding THAT long. So switching over to a new tire shouldnt bug me out too bad. I hope.

Why do tires have to be so damn expensive
CCS-#418......Best Lap: VIR N-1.40.8 NJMP-? Summit-1.21.0 Roebling- ?CMP-?

Support: Lingo Networks, Sharkskinz, No Agenda Racing, DC-MOTO.NET, AMSOIL, Leo Vince
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread