Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3 - Page 236 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Regional Forums > Ride Club > Northeast

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #4701
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzer View Post
I'm running the 19x18 on stock calipers with Vesrah rjl. Obscene amount of braking power.
Vesrahs

They don't stop any better. Just ridiculous bite that upsets the bike and their let off is just as abrupt.

The 19x20 haw more travel and is easier to modulate but the 18 haw more feel and arguably more power with less effort. So it depends what you like out of brakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #4702
!ThatGuy!
Lifetime Premium

Re: Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Vesrahs

They don't stop any better. Just ridiculous bite that upsets the bike and their let off is just as abrupt.

The 19x20 haw more travel and is easier to modulate but the 18 haw more feel and arguably more power with less effort. So it depends what you like out of brakes
then why so popular among racers?

what would you recommend over Versah?

I have always used EBC HH and they were fine for street riding, but it seemed they glazed or w.e. during trackdays. At the end of the day, on the last session or two, I had very bad brake fade to the point I pitted in early. It was getting dangerous how little braking power I had. This was after I just installed speed bleeders, bled the lines, and ran RBF 600. The bike I just bought has new Versahs on it, but have not been able to ride it yet due to weather and its a trackbike. Looking forward to experiencing them first hand.
CCS-#418......Best Lap: VIR N-1.40.8 NJMP-? Summit-1.21.0 Roebling- ?CMP-?

Support: Lingo Networks, Sharkskinz, No Agenda Racing, DC-MOTO.NET, AMSOIL, Leo Vince
Old 11-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #4703
It's_Just_Bob
Deceptively fat procrastinating Bob...

Motorcycle: k8 1000 street, 06 600 track

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycrider View Post
I was thinking about getting a Brembo master for the r6 but I was thinking I should see how good the stock is first.The other thing is I don't know which one to get,19x18.
I bought the RCS so I could figure out which like better. Turns out the 19x18 had too much travel for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !ThatGuy! View Post

I think the hard initial bite gives people the false sense of hard braking.

I switched from the RJLs to the SBS Dual Carbon and instantly fell in love. The DC's require some serious warmup, though. I drag the shit out of them on the warmup lap.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #4704
nycrider
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 08 R6 Track
I just want a lot of feel,the travel distance could be short
Old 11-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #4705
Moto_Joe

Quote:

I have always used EBC HH and they were fine for street riding, but it seemed they glazed or w.e. during trackdays. At the end of the day, on the last session or two, I had very bad brake fade to the point I pitted in early. It was getting dangerous how little braking power I had. This was after I just installed speed bleeders, bled the lines, and ran RBF 600. The bike I just bought has new Versahs on it, but have not been able to ride it yet due to weather and its a trackbike. Looking forward to experiencing them first hand.
Two reasons.

Contingency and parroting. Vesrah has done an awesome job marketing to club racers. If their pads were half as good as their marketing they would be awesome lol.

Same with dunlop tires. 90% of riders can't exploit any tiny differences there are anyway. But their marketing to club riders has been amazing.

I always laugh when a guy asks me why I don't run vesrah because he heard they brake 9000 ft deeper than anything else and then I pass him on the brakes. Or the guy who tells me dunlops are a second faster than any tire.. yet I'm 4 seconds faster than he is.

And a LOT of people who claim vesrah contingency are not running them but rather selling the certificates and running sbs or performance friction

Ebc hh are terrible for track pads. The extreme pro are much better.

I prefer sbs dual carbon as long as you get heat in them and not in the wet. OR performance friction which are hugely popular everywhere but here basically lol. Both have good smooth predictable bite, progressive feel and seamless let off.

Motomummy.com : D&A Cycles of Macon : Livengood Motorsports
us129photos.com : JRI Shocks : M4 Exhaust : Moto D Racing : Dunlop : Hazardous Racing :SFH : SBS : VHS :
www.GoMotoJoe.com
Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #4706
Moto_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycrider View Post
I just want a lot of feel,the travel distance could be short
You'll probably like the 18 more then.

I prefer 20. I want to be able to control my brakes by 1% if I want.

But I can and have used whatever. Brakes are over rated anyway. All they do is slow you down.

More gas. Less brake. Pin it to win it.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #4707
Moto_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj01_6 View Post
I bought the RCS so I could figure out which like better. Turns out the 19x18 had too much travel for me.

I think the hard initial bite gives people the false sense of hard braking.

I switched from the RJLs to the SBS Dual Carbon and instantly fell in love. The DC's require some serious warmup, though. I drag the shit out of them on the warmup lap.
Exactly. False sense.

And don't try to use dual carbon in the rain.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #4708
!ThatGuy!
Lifetime Premium

^^hmm. great explanation, thanks. Ill have to look into both of those.

what do you mean by "selling certificates"? Is it a way to "legally" claim Versah contingency money w/o running Versah via a loophole, or is it shady?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #4709
Moto_Joe

Quote:
^^hmm. great explanation, thanks. Ill have to look into both of those.

what do you mean by "selling certificates"? Is it a way to "legally" claim Versah contingency money w/o running Versah via a loophole, or is it shady?
Shady

Nobody can see your pads. So as long as they run the stickers they get paid but don't have vesrah pads. Then they either redeem and sell the pads or some shops will take them as cash since they get credit on their parts unlimited order I think.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #4710
!ThatGuy!
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Shady

Nobody can see your pads. So as long as they run the stickers they get paid but don't have vesrah pads. Then they either redeem and sell the pads or some shops will take them as cash since they get credit on their parts unlimited order I think.
gotcha.

what about the dunlops? Ive heard nothing but good about the Dunlop UK N-Tecs, though thats not what I have used. I have always ran the Mich PP for street with great success and ran 3 track days on them with no issues (fastish Int pace). The bike I just bought has Mich Power One B compound on them and I have heard amazing things about those as well. Unfortunately, Mich doesnt make those specific tires anymore, so even if I do end up loving them I wont be able to buy another pair

needless to say I am having to do my research again on what tires to run next season. looking into:

Pirelli Superbike Pro-"red Stripe"-->http://canyonchasers.net/reviews/tir...-redstripe.php

Mich Power One Competition-->http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=13096

BT-003--> http://-->http://www.motorcycle-usa....omparison.aspx

Pirelli Diablo Supersorsa SC or SP Race--> http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/545/82...on-Review.aspx

Dunlop GPA -->http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/545/10...re-Review.aspx
CCS-#418......Best Lap: VIR N-1.40.8 NJMP-? Summit-1.21.0 Roebling- ?CMP-?

Support: Lingo Networks, Sharkskinz, No Agenda Racing, DC-MOTO.NET, AMSOIL, Leo Vince
Old 11-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #4711
It's_Just_Bob

Quote:
Exactly. False sense.

And don't try to use dual carbon in the rain.
Ugh why not? Cuz you can't get heat in them? I really don't need something else to change in the wet...

Quote:
gotcha.

what about the dunlops? Ive heard nothing but good about the Dunlop UK N-Tecs, though thats not what I have used. I have always ran the Mich PP for street with great success and ran 3 track days on them with no issues (fastish Int pace). The bike I just bought has Mich Power One B compound on them and I have heard amazing things about those as well. Unfortunately, Mich doesnt make those specific tires anymore, so even if I do end up loving them I wont be able to buy another pair

needless to say I am having to do my research again on what tires to run next season. looking into:

Pirelli Superbike Pro-"red Stripe"-->http://canyonchasers.net/reviews/tir...-redstripe.php

Mich Power One 2ct-->http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/545/82...on-Review.aspx

BT-003rs--> http://-->http://www.motorcycle-usa....on-Review.aspx

Pirelli Diablo Supersorsa SC or SP Race--> http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/545/82...on-Review.aspx
Dunlops are great tires, so are the rest. What is your pace?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #4712
!ThatGuy!
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Dunlops are great tires, so are the rest. What is your pace?
mid red group. depends on who is there that day

what Dunlops do you use?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #4713
Moto_Joe

Damp/wet is OK. Driving flooding rain is not.

No heat and they will destroy themselves because of it.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #4714
Moto_Joe

And its two extra bolts per side lol. You'll already have the caliper off lol.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #4715
It's_Just_Bob

Quote:
mid red group. depends on who is there that day

what Dunlops do you use?
Sometimes I get UK slicks free, sometimes I buy used gp's or gpa's. If I buy new, its gpa's.

Quote:
And its two extra bolts per side lol. You'll already have the caliper off lol.
What about bedding in new pads?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #4716
Moto_Joe

Quote:
gotcha.

Mich Power One 2ct-->http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/545/82...on-Review.aspx

BT-003rs--> http://-->http://www.motorcycle-usa....on-Review.aspx

You are talkibg sport tires. I'm talking race tires.

The UK dunlops are great. But they also are $650 a set or some shit. I also think the pirelli front is better and the Mich front is as good. Rear the pirelli is as good. The Mich rear still lacks drive once it starts to spin.

None of those things matter at your pace honestly
Old 11-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #4717
Moto_Joe

Quote:
Sometimes I get UK slicks free, sometimes I buy used gp's or gpa's. If I buy new, its gpa's.

What about bedding in new pads?
I never have an issue. Takes a couple turns at less than Max braking which I never do straight away anyway. Especially in rain.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #4718
!ThatGuy!
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
You are talkibg sport tires. I'm talking race tires.

The UK dunlops are great. But they also are $650 a set or some shit. I also think the pirelli front is better and the Mich front is as good. Rear the pirelli is as good. The Mich rear still lacks drive once it starts to spin.

None of those things matter at your pace honestly
Oh, I know. I could prob still get away with the Pilot Powers LOL. Im not racing either so no need for me to buy race tires yet, but I have heard of guys racing with the power ones and 003rs in novice. the pirelli superbike pros have me intrigued, but i dont need that much grip at my present pace. what tire would you say i could use? do i even need the likes of a true 003 or could I get away with a tire like a 003rs?
Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #4719
It's_Just_Bob

If you're riding on Michelins and theyre doing fine, get the Purest. If you wanna see what Dunlop is all about, the q2 is fantastic as well.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #4720
Shaftmaster
PM me of you want your shaft mastered

Motorcycle: 2009 Gsxr 750 2009 Yamaha R6 2002 honda f4i
The Pirelli pro reds are a great tire I run then or the power cups.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread