I haven found the squidlyest forum.. - Page 3 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > SRADs (97-00 600 and 96-99 750)

Old 11-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #41
TwistedMister
Lifetime Premium

Re: I haven found the squidlyest forum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
Yeap but nobody would buy them that's why they don't sell them here
if they did tiered licensing they would buy them, really hard for me to understand how they can sell an 18 yr old a 200mph bike here in America then get all up in arms when he ends up in the morgue?

mommas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys!!!

5 years at every level, with PROVABLE hours

I know too many that could have been saved had they never jumped on the 1K, its an entirely different world, when you crack it and hold it for 4 seconds you had better know how to react to any given situation because everything happens 10 times quicker, doesn't matter what gear you're in either.

sad really
TwistedMister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #42
TT750
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 99 750 (sold), 98 tlr (in progress), 07 f650 dakar (daily driver)

the fact is that for most riders they are the weakest link in the combination.. most days i could be on a scooter not an srad for where i need to get. but then again that's why i think a ninja 250 or 300 would be my next around town bike. And also the reason i got a f650gs to take on the gravel and mud
TT750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #43
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
a 15 year old kid, if he were to fool his guardian enough (yes I have seen it happen) can buy a brand new Hyabusa or GSXR1000 and ride solo so long as he doesnt go on the freeways, ride at night, or ride with a passenger.

scary

As for what he was deaming squid behaviour, not just lack of gear although that is pretty typical. He was talking about using the public roads as a private playground. Riding recklessly and irresponsibly putting innocents in danger for the sake of your own fun.

It is pretty damn common in the sportbike community, but that does not make it ok or right.

<--Got to ride a turboed Hayabusa at 15... Didn't own though.. Got a 250 because thats what I could afford in highschool...
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #44
Zlow28
16.8@186.1

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600

njyork made a good point. New 250s and the new 300 are starting to get too expensive IMO. I can get a 3 year old r6, gsxr, 600rr, or zx6r for the price of a new ninja 300. Its getting difficult to justify spending over 5k for a beginner bike.
Zlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #45
Apok
ICBA

Motorcycle: '03 GSXR1000, '88 GSX 1100F, '92 GSX 1100F

The ninja 300 out in can nuys is 4200 out the door. That's licensing, freight, and assembly.
It can cost that much because the gas saving aspect is a selling point as well as a beginner.
Apok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #46
GSXR Maori
Bumbadoo

Motorcycle: GSXR1000K6 GSXR1000K1 GSXR750K1 GSXR75097x2 GSXR60099 TLR99 Yami TT600x2 TT500 WR500 XR500x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armi View Post
It might be WRONG but I still smile if driving along and someone pulls a wheelie in front of me.
Childish I know
I'm with you on that one Armi, when done right it looks cool as.
The guy in question is 19 years old, right? Can everyone here remember when they were 19? I bet you can think of some dumb shit you did then and thought it was cool? That's what you're dealing with here. A person who is still maturing, thinks he's 'bulletproof' and ready to take on the world even if he's 200% wrong. If he gets through this stage of life he will eventually realise how stupid some of actions in the past were. I did.
Chris, the guy is no where near your level of intelligence and experience. Probably being an ignorant smart ass is his only defence.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #47
TwistedMister
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS220 View Post
not to start an interwebs battle.
we must maintain interweb superiority, we have to let them know you cannot fark with GDC and get away with it, I'm polishing my chest plate as we speak, horse is watered I'm ready to rumble!
TwistedMister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #48
tigertim20
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2001 R1, 2004 GSXR1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR Maori View Post
The guy in question is 19 years old, right? Can everyone here remember when they were 19? I bet you can think of some dumb shit you did then and thought it was cool? That's what you're dealing with here. A person who is still maturing, thinks he's 'bulletproof' and ready to take on the world even if he's 200% wrong. If he gets through this stage of life he will eventually realise how stupid some of actions in the past were. I did.
Chris, the guy is no where near your level of intelligence and experience. Probably being an ignorant smart ass is his only defence.
agree with this. plus the whole learning thing - there were times when I was 19 or so, and I genuinely thought the way I was doing things was the right way, safe etc etc, but when I look back now I realise how much I had to learn.

Sometimes squidly behavior is the result of genuine ignorance, rather than just blind arrogance.
tigertim20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #49
TT750
Lifetime Premium

i know he is smart with carbs but i still wonder about his intelligence level as he has stated he races Dachshunds...

look at the legs...
Old 11-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #50
TT750
Lifetime Premium

.... lol morning all
Old 11-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #51
Minibull
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché

Motorcycle: 1998 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlow28 View Post
njyork made a good point. New 250s and the new 300 are starting to get too expensive IMO. I can get a 3 year old r6, gsxr, 600rr, or zx6r for the price of a new ninja 300. Its getting difficult to justify spending over 5k for a beginner bike.
So how about the ninja 250 being the same base as the GPZ250 which dates back to the mid 80's...and I've seen some dirt cheap GPZ250's...

I don't understand how you can compare the brand new 250 model to second hand SS bikes. Get a 250 or small bike of any shape, ride the pants off it and then sell it on after a few years.
Besides, the justification is that if you are thinking straight, you know you should start on a small bike just to try and remove the "edge" from your learning. It's not "hmmm, I can get 350 more cc's for the same amount of cash..."
I've seen people that can barely handle their 250's when learning, i.e. multiple crashes in a matter of a month. Imagine if they were also trying to contain a much bigger, uncomfortable and unwieldy bike with 120 odd HP...

A lot of people may just want to get a nice, reliable and easy to ride bike, which is cheap on fuel. I have this image of the kind of riders that ride a plain ol motorcycle as their transport. Doesn't matter what way the forks are, what the valves are made out of, or how high it can rev.
I've taken to a tiny 50cc 4 stroke for around town. Pulling 100 MPG is bloody great for the wallet, plus it saves any kind of daily grind for the SRAD.
1998 GSXR 750: Full Titanium Yoshimura Tri Oval exhaust, K&N Filter, A.P.E MCCT, Factory Pro case covers, Goodridge Braided Steel Lines, K7 Radial Master Cyl, FP Levers, Yoshimura Billet Pillion pegs.

To do: Power Commander, Suspension work...
Minibull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #52
justfaster
Lifetime Premium

This is sad that this thread has more comments than most others. I tried to refrain from posted because it seems like squid behavior just to be commenting on this. But can we get some serious threads longer then 11 instead of jumping on the typical squid stuff that's been clubbed to death!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
justfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #53
Minibull
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché

Motorcycle: 1998 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfaster View Post
But can we get some serious threads
Well these are some very hip and cool threads here, though I dont think thats what you are looking for.

But if you are looking for serious threads, as in SERIOUS threads, then should look no further than this. I'm not so sure on the pink tie, but it'll suit your pansy ass and match the colour of your butthurt buttcheeks.

Minibull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #54
GS220
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 1k, 07 CRF 450r

^^
GS220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #55
oldgixxer
Loves to nibble on Shannons huge boobs

Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

oldgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #56
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR Maori View Post

The reason he started this thread is less the orignal poster who was a moron, and more the 40-50 other people who are defending is ignorant riding as if it is perfectly acceptable, the norm, and even encouraged.
Moto_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #57
ccmhunt
Superbike Champ

Motorcycle: 96 GSXR750 (parts), ZX7/9RR F-USA AMA SBK, 96 ZX7RR STREET, 96 WSBK ECKL ZX7RR

Me of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT750 View Post
i know he is smart with carbs but i still wonder about his intelligence level as he has stated he races Dachshunds...

look at the legs...
Weiner racing is quite serious, witness my MOCHA thundering down the dragstrip (she is on the right)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
The reason he started this thread is less the orignal poster who was a moron, and more the 40-50 other people who are defending is ignorant riding as if it is perfectly acceptable, the norm, and even encouraged.
Correct MJ, My frustration was not with the one man as an individual, and but that as a collective, the forum seemed to support such behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfaster View Post
This is sad that this thread has more comments than most others. I tried to refrain from posted because it seems like squid behavior just to be commenting on this. But can we get some serious threads longer then 11 instead of jumping on the typical squid stuff that's been clubbed to death!

So, your contribution thus far to our forum is to come in a show us pictures of your bike, tell us about your dyno trip, and gripe about what we discuss. We are a family here, most of us know each other pretty well, we know about each others personal lives, families, we share parts, ship parts overseas, and help in many ways, and yes we discuss many things.... Griping about what is discussed will not make you more welcome. I hope that some of my other thread meet your "serious criteria". I will be posting a "how to degree cams" later today....
[QUOTE=senator8]Haha! You're more than 1%. My bike ran perfectly all year. All I did was oil changes and thumbed the starter. While my competitors had bikes and carbs in pieces at the track I was enjoying a coffee and saying "thanks Chris"
ccmhunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #58
justfaster
Lifetime Premium

Great, I look forward to reading more on degreeing of cams! I've enjoyed reading all about putting newer front ends on the SRAD's an have that planned for the winter. Just got tired of seeing the squid threads get so much attention. Sorry ill keep my comments to myself like I should've to begin with.

justfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #59
williamhbonney
Rookie

Motorcycle: 97 gsxr 750

[QUOTE=ccmhunt;5819338]Me of
Weiner racing is quite serious, witness my MOCHA thundering down the dragstrip (she is on the right)

This rocks,! I may have to set up a match with my Shorty jacks
williamhbonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #60
Zlow28
16.8@186.1

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minibull View Post
So how about the ninja 250 being the same base as the GPZ250 which dates back to the mid 80's...and I've seen some dirt cheap GPZ250's...

I don't understand how you can compare the brand new 250 model to second hand SS bikes. Get a 250 or small bike of any shape, ride the pants off it and then sell it on after a few years.
Besides, the justification is that if you are thinking straight, you know you should start on a small bike just to try and remove the "edge" from your learning. It's not "hmmm, I can get 350 more cc's for the same amount of cash..."
I've seen people that can barely handle their 250's when learning, i.e. multiple crashes in a matter of a month. Imagine if they were also trying to contain a much bigger, uncomfortable and unwieldy bike with 120 odd HP...

A lot of people may just want to get a nice, reliable and easy to ride bike, which is cheap on fuel. I have this image of the kind of riders that ride a plain ol motorcycle as their transport. Doesn't matter what way the forks are, what the valves are made out of, or how high it can rev.
I've taken to a tiny 50cc 4 stroke for around town. Pulling 100 MPG is bloody great for the wallet, plus it saves any kind of daily grind for the SRAD.
Ive never even heard of a GPZ250 until right now. But the new ninja 300 is between 4800 to 5500. Pretty expensive for a bike that almost nobody keeps over a year.

It was hard enough to convince people to start with an appropiate bike when they were cheap, now theyre gonna use the price as an excuse.
Zlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement