do the fork damper adjusters come apart : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > Oil Cooled Gixxers

Old 11-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
86boiler
Rookie

do the fork damper adjusters come apart

i need to know if they do because i am powdercoating my calipers and would like the adjusters to match but i cant figure out how they come apart
86boiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
86boiler
Rookie

Re: do the fork damper adjusters come apart

i know someone knows if they do i cant remeber who said it but they took them apart before
Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
91hybrid
Rookie

Of course everything comes apart, it whether it will go back together is the question.

Post a pic of the the part you want off your forks, I think that may help this discussion.

John
91hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
tonyc9928
Rookie

Motorcycle: Life Behind Bars

They do. I had a set powder coated years back. It's a bitch and do Not break Anything because you can't get the parts anymore.
Talk to your powder coater. He might be able to do them without complete disassembly. They have some high temp tape and lights to melt the powder but not heat the part way too much.
tonyc9928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
86boiler
Rookie

i got one that doesnt rotate properly, so im practicing on that. i put some serious pull on it and it budged a little but meh, not so much. i seriously have 6 of these here so i have a few chances we'll say.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
gsx-r750h
Novice

I made a wrench out of a piece of flat steel and took mine apart for powder coat. This was on the first generation PDF type, not NEAS. Turn the black knob to setting #4, this creates a gap just big enough to unscrew the unit. You will notice a flattened portion on each side of the aluminum collar under the black cap. This is where your (very thin, homemade) wrench will bite on that collar. Unscrew the collar and the unit comes apart. Putting it back is a little tricky in lining up the damping positions to the marks on the housing. Good luck!
gsx-r750h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
86boiler
Rookie

wow that worked perfect, i have taken them all apart and am powdercoating. thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement