Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

This thread is ONLY for SRAD bike photo's

836K views 3K replies 511 participants last post by  Gixxer-rue 
#1 ·
This is my bike with a LINE-X and LINE-X Plus - paint job...

Silver is LINE-X PLUS and Black is Normal

VOTE FOR THIS THREAD OF MOSTLY PHOTO'S

THIS BIKE IS FOR SALE - $4k o.b.o. - Send PM if interested..

The color used was Chrysler Titanium (Metallic Silver/Chrome)...
It was some extra paint he had, from painting a Chrysler brand vehicle after doing the line-x.. Its a special DuPont paint they use that bonds to the freshly sprayed line-x. (They can order any color you want..)

I hope everyone likes it - this only cost me $300 for the spray job..
Yeah maybe it added a little weight, but you know it will last a lot longer this way, no paint chipping, nor do i have to worry about getting scratches... The best stunter paint job you could get, But I am not a stunter!!

Try not to use photo's that are bigger than this size - 425px × 318px
I use webshots.com to host my photos..
The larger photos take longer to load on slower connections.

THIS BIKE IS FOR SALE - $4k o.b.o. - Send PM if interested..

See less See more
#2,479 ·
#2,483 ·
I took the tank off the SRAD today, ready for re-painting.

It was painted around this time last year when I bought the bike and on just one side, he didnt do a great job of the SUZUKI graphic, see the haphazard lettering? Anyway, its going back to him to be corrected/re-painted.

Then I cleaned up the engine block, popped the brakes out, cleaned pads, caliper pins, R clips etc etc.

Next time we have a nice day like this ill strip the calipers and rebuild it all, the 6 pots are only half way decent if they are working 100%.

Attachments

#2,485 ·
It was clean to begin with....he just used a clean rag and dusted it off and passed it off as being a really productive day :lol I joke, I joke.

Copper how much for respraying the tank? Mine will need doing at some point...

#2,501 ·
Have you taken a liking to rim tape and purple levers then :shifty

The other bikes looks great in the flesh, I must say!

#2,505 ·
Cleaned out my storage unit and found this old gem..I was happy I found it too because I remember this was the weekend I won my first CCS trophy for 5th place...I also found some pics of the 600 when it was getting put together, I'll scan them in and post them up. Plus I fell in practice on Friday that weekend hence the hole in the left leg of my leathers.:)

Attachments

#2,506 ·
^^^Liking that GS :punk

Oh......now the 220 makes sense :)

#2,516 ·
You sure do have an understanding wife/partner :twitch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.