Off to the NEC bike show this morning. : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > SRADs (97-00 600 and 96-99 750)

Old 11-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: gsxr 750 srad with a few mods thanks to the members on this site.See signature.
Off to the NEC bike show this morning.

Just dropped the misses to work.was gonna take the little man with me, as there was a place where he could try out riding a motorbike, for the first time.
Told the misses that I wanted to take him but she said NO way am i leaving him with you all day
She just worries too much

Anyway, will report when I get back.....hope to bump into Chris Walker but if I don't, it means I was too busy doing more important things

Remember missing out on some wicked drill bits that could cut through ANYTHING, regret not getting it then....was abit suprised to see drill bits being sold at a bike show though

Plenty of pics to come...

K6 thou forks/"K Tec" Springs, Brembo 19x20 RCS m/c, R1 calipers, Hel ss lines, DID x ring gold chain, Sudco full exhaust, BMC filter, Gilles rearsets, Factory Pro engine covers, Samco Hoses, GPR steering damper, Yoshi MJN Jet kit thanks to our resident carb Ninja CCMHUNT!'04 CRF 450R for giggles
Armi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
Copper99
Rookie

Motorcycle: 1999 Hayabusa, 2001 GSXR1000, 1981 RD350LC
Re: Off to the NEC bike show this morning.

Excellent. im going Monday, let us know your thoughts...
Copper99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
TT750
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 99 750 (sold), 98 tlr (in progress), 07 f650 dakar (daily driver)

for safety wiring a bike??? not everyone can go out and replace all the bolts with titanium pre drilled bolts
TT750 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: gsxr 750 srad with a few mods thanks to the members on this site.See signature.

No they can't TT......I actually held a full titanium exhaust in my hand at the show was shocked, as to how light it was!

Well i'm back..very tired, late night/early morning took it's toll.....was falling asleep on the way back home, even left early, which is unusual for me.

I should've taken my lad with me.he'd have loved the trials bike ride

Took loads of pics, so much so,that the battery died on me while taking pics of the BMW'S, just got the battery on charge now!

For some reason I kept getting drawn towards the race bikes, rather than the new machines but did take pics of them.

Within the first 5 mins I bumped into Chris Walker....got a pic of him, as well as something signed for you Chris but only signed on his Kawasaki school leaflet, as I never had anything at hand....it's addressed to the carb Guru

Also got a pic of the young gun in BSB whatshisname

They kept announcing that John McGuinness was at the TT stand, i could never find it

By the afternoon I thought I had seen most of the bikes on view and then started looking for any deals I could find.

Found that drill guy but though the drill bits were there, the guy selling them wasn't I could easily have picked on up and put it in my bag but didn't

Got a Tyco T shirt, Proskins base layers, top and bottom, this unique head/neck scarf thingy...never seen it before, will post up pics when the battery charges up.
Also got 2 spanner type tools that should undo rounded off bolts....should've got 2 more bigger sizes

Tried on a Bell helmet and first impression weren't good, didn't fit that good and if i pushed the top of the helmet down,while on my head, it made a noise as though the lining came away

Got home and threw the bags down desperate to relieve myself, by the time i got out, my wife gave me that look, as to how much money I'd spent!
She lookes at the proskins box and saw 30 each and was about to say something I said NO darling....it's 30 for the pair, that's the whole point of going to show's like this, you get a remarkable discount

Will post pics up in a bit...

K6 thou forks/"K Tec" Springs, Brembo 19x20 RCS m/c, R1 calipers, Hel ss lines, DID x ring gold chain, Sudco full exhaust, BMC filter, Gilles rearsets, Factory Pro engine covers, Samco Hoses, GPR steering damper, Yoshi MJN Jet kit thanks to our resident carb Ninja CCMHUNT!'04 CRF 450R for giggles
Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Be warned..there's just over 500 pictures.....not sure if you wanna see them all?
Old 11-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
TT750
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 99 750 (sold), 98 tlr (in progress), 07 f650 dakar (daily driver)

load em up photo bucket or such and put up the link totally awsome the autograph you got for chris
TT750 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
ccmhunt
Superbike Champ

Motorcycle: 96 GSXR750 (parts), ZX7/9RR F-USA AMA SBK, 96 ZX7RR STREET, 96 WSBK ECKL ZX7RR

Yeah, awesome, now post it quick on the APS....
ccmhunt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmhunt View Post
Yeah, awesome, now post it quick on the APS....
I only just got December's issue yesterday.....would you not rather wait till I get hold of January's
Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT750 View Post
load em up photo bucket or such and put up the link totally awsome the autograph you got for chris
It's not really that clear, cos' of what it's signed on but it IS there!

Bloody broadband is SLOW right now....taking forever to load up
Old 11-25-2012, 05:32 AM   #10
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Came back to the compute, only to find it had crashed

Anyway a few pics to wet your apetite;

The first place i ended up in, was the Kawasaki Stand....Chris wasn't there, so waited around;

Correction, it was the bikesafe stand;

Yea enough of that...now the Kwaks;

The dude Very kindly took the border away, so I could get a better picture;

Old 11-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #11
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Then look who turned up!

That's his wifey in the background, so i've been told

Got the autograph, then took a picture of him, wish i'd had someone to take a pic of us together but wasn't to be

Got what I came for and walked out;

When i came out of there, i ended up in the Chav stand......lol
Will post some more when I get back from the Gym......3rd week now and still aching

Old 11-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #12
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Neon lights anyone

Didn't stay there long
Old 11-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #13
Armi
Lifetime Premium

This is why I should've bought the little man along...

Old 11-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #14
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Didn't know which way to look at first...

Old 11-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Copper99
Rookie

Motorcycle: 1999 Hayabusa, 2001 GSXR1000, 1981 RD350LC

Excellent, thanks for posting the pics Armi, all set myself now.
Copper99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
ccmhunt
Superbike Champ

Motorcycle: 96 GSXR750 (parts), ZX7/9RR F-USA AMA SBK, 96 ZX7RR STREET, 96 WSBK ECKL ZX7RR

Yup, thx ARMI, Too bad you couldn't sneak out with Stalkers 10r,you can bet it is a monster.
ccmhunt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #17
williamhbonney
Rookie

Motorcycle: 97 gsxr 750

Awesome pics, wish there was something like that here.
williamhbonney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Thanks guys..my only regret is I should've got the rest of the spanner tool thingy's and an EDZ middle layer....money was short

Then came across one of my favorite bikes.....the other being a BMWS1000RR

Old 11-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #19
Armi
Lifetime Premium

There's something so special about race bikes;

Old 11-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #20
Armi
Lifetime Premium

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in