Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Can a 600 Spit Blue Flames?

13K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  -cyclops- 
#1 ·
Ok so a week ago I rode with a 750 until night fall.
He had a full yoshi exhaust and a custom tune.

When ever he let off the throttle it would shoot flames (sounds like bullets going off in your chest). SHARP blue flame that is shaped like a sharp cone 7 inches out the exhaust tip and isnt really like a flame thrower, but more of a sharp, quick, cone.
He said it happened when he put the full exhaust on, even before the tune, and that the same thing happened with another 750 he had. I saw his dyno graph and it was pretty much perfect air fuel ratio so I know he isnt running rich.

I have a 05 gsxr 600 with a full yoshi and pc3 (and lots more). I am about to get it custom tuned when i change out my CCT but my question is... Will I be spitting blue flames like that? why did both of those do it and not mine?

I got a little flame last night when i took it up to 11k and chopped the throttle, little blow back but nothing crazy like his. He could do it even at low rpms...

Anyone have the blue flames on their 600? what did you do? did a tune make a difference?
P.s. I'm not getting a tune just for flames... Im actually going to track the bike out haha (one track day got me hooked). :) and its about that time to tune it (running strong at 22k miles)

See less See more
#2 ·
The blue flame is unburnt fuel in the exhaust. Some is normal but what you described about your friends bike doesn't sound right. Regardless of what his dyno says those are symptoms of running rich. Perhaps he needs it mapped again.

#3 ·
But the dyno showed Fuel/air ratio and he had the perfect 13.1 or whatever that ratio is from 6k rpm to red line. (the lines on the graph overlapped) So why would it be rich? :dunno . What I don't get is he said it even did that with his other 750 AND even before his tune on this one??? You think its a 750 thing, or maybe it's because his spark plugs suck don't burn hot enough?
He noticed remarkable power difference after the tune. He could roll on the gas and pic the front tire up @ 7k rpm with him leaning on the tank.. said it didn't have that power before the tune.

#4 ·
If the A/F ratio is a perfectly flat line 6k to redline, I call shenanigans.

#5 ·
I want to see where this is going... I have a 750 that's not spitting any flames at least that I'm aware of...

#7 ·
Then your shit is definitely weak bro....the blue flames will match the blue L.E.D's and the sluts will surely flock to thou at Starbucks...trust me,I know:biggrin

#9 ·
Werd werd homey

#11 ·
Damn kid yo shit is HAWT yo!:lol

#13 ·
Fo realz yo. And if some fatty-ho try frontin on yo shit&creepin up from behindz you for a ride just hit dat throttle&she gone yo...WHOOOOOSH

#21 ·
This.

Theres no such thing as a perfect AF ratio. 13.1 is an ideal number, but some engines like different numbers for their setups.

#16 ·
Bruh I don't need flames to get dem starbux hoes they already jockin me. Plus I been told you son they kick it at BK round here

#29 ·
...as for the OP...

Glad to see you,its been lonely around here in your absence:cheers

And lol starbucks hoes be high maintenance... you thought running slicks costs money :burnout .... just hit it n' quit it!
Were all happy that you didnt get butthurt with our replies,too bad all new members don't get the GDC sarcasm like you do..welcome to the forum,you will fit right in;)

#31 ·
You want flames out of your exhaust why?

:facepalm

Sharp blue flames with loud bang from the exhaust on decel is often actually lean. Yellow to red flames with a rumble is more rich.

Neither always indicates a poor tune. But it can.

Anyone wanting flames out of their exhuast also likely wants a dick in their ass

#32 ·
#33 ·
The BMW up there has a quick shifter - cuts ignition and injection for a fraction of a second to unload the transmission so you can upshift without using the clutch. That may cause unburnt fuel to be blown into the exhaust where it ignites and makes that flame.

It's not mapped poorly - considering that particular bike finished 2nd in the World Endurance Championship this year...

#35 ·
Screw it just drill a hole in the can thread it and wire a spark plug into it. Then get a cool light up toggle switch, throw the switch and rev that sonofabitch up. You will get your flame going a good 5 foot back. After that you can get one of those cool digital license plate frames like the Y2K bikes have that scroll across KEEP BACK HIGH HEAT...nuthin gets the chicks like blowin a flame up their skirt :banghead:

#37 ·
OMG its been a while... I forgot about this thread.. I wrecked my bike 3 months ago on a trip and i just got it running again yo (was too cold to be putting puck down let alone emergency braking lol.. lost the front end. And blue flames dont mean i want dick up my ass ******...maybe thats how you roll but I prefer the pussy. So what you coming at bro? I get the pussy without the bike to begin with. They invite me over the next time and I ride my bike there then shit gets real, real fast... talk about "Omg Jay i didn't know you ride a bike!" pants drop at the end of that statement.

P.s. to the spitting flames shit.. my battery died on my yesterday to the point where my clusters were off and rpms didn't read or nothing... talk about some loud ass backfires by the time I got home LOL... Scared the shit out of some lady walking her dog... :D I felt bad for the dog though. Looked scared shitless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.