Take a look at what were fighting to protect!! : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Old 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Cassidy
Rookie

Motorcycle: K9 750
Take a look at what were fighting to protect!!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/11/2...parks-outrage/

Facebook Photo Of Plymouth Woman At Tomb Of The Unknowns Sparks Outrage

BOSTON (CBS) – Two women have been placed on unpaid leave from their jobs after their photo at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia angered thousands of people on Facebook.

Lindsey Stone was visiting the Tomb of the Unknowns last month on a business trip when she posed for a picture next to a sign that reads “silence and respect.”

In the photo, Stone is pretending to yell and she’s showing her middle finger.

The photo, taken by a co-worker, went viral and sparked thousands of angry comments.

Some of those comments were posted on the Facebook page of their employer, Living Independently Forever, Inc.,(LIFE) a non-profit organization in Hyannis that helps adults with disabilities on Cape Cod.

The uproar forced the organization to post this statement Tuesday afternoon:

“On Nov. 19 at approximately 6 p.m., we became aware that one of our employees had posted an offensive, inappropriate photograph on her personal Facebook page. The photo was taken at a national historic site in October by a fellow employee during a trip to Washington, D.C. attended by 40 residents and eight staff. The photo has since been removed from Facebook, and both employees have been placed on unpaid leave pending the results of an internal investigation.

This photograph in no way reflects the opinions or values of the LIFE organization, which holds our nation’s veterans in the highest regard. We are proud to have veterans serving on our staff and board of trustees, and we value their service. The men and women who have selflessly fought and sacrificed their lives to protect the rights and lives of Americans deserve our utmost respect and gratitude. We are acutely aware that this photo has done a disservice to veterans and we are deeply saddened that it was taken and shared in a public medium.”

WBZ-TV has reached out to Stone and her co-worker for comment, but has not heard from them yet.
Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600
Re: Take a look at what were fighting to protect!!

Huge thank you to anyone that has signed up to protect our country. Our entire country, even the fucks. Much respect
93goatfucker04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Cassidy
Rookie

Hopefully she is forced to resign. The unemployment line is too good for this idiot!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
Vooduguru
Giant Vespa

Motorcycle: K1 TLR, 99 SRAD600

Oh noooes!! Someone posted a picture....was it disrespectful? Absolutely. Was the unpaid leave warranted? Absolutely. Should it go any further? No.

This is tame compared to the Westboro Batshits.
Vooduguru is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Cassidy
Rookie

I guess were all entitled to opinions but this is exactly what is wrong with America. Were too tolerant.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
COBRA90GT
Miss Sofonda Cox

That was definitely in poor taste.
COBRA90GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600

Mr. Fluffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
K6trackday
Back Marker

How on earth she thought that was a good idea, is beyond me. Stupid is as stupid does.
K6trackday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike

I think the fundamental problem is she didnt THINK.

I would be dollars to donuts she was thinking... if you want to call it that.. more along the lines of "I do what I want" material with the sign specifically, and intended absolutely NOTHING in regards to where it was taken, or what it could be construed as. She likely didnt think about where the sign was at all, and just thought it was a funny pose.

Poor taste. Stupid idea, and stupid should hurt. I bet she didnt mean any disrespect even though it was disrespectful.
Moto_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
wisegunner
Rookie

Motorcycle: CBR1000rr '06(sold), GSXR600 K7

You're fighting to protect her freedom to be an idiot.
wisegunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
Cassidy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
I think the fundamental problem is she didnt THINK.

I would be dollars to donuts she was thinking... if you want to call it that.. more along the lines of "I do what I want" material with the sign specifically, and intended absolutely NOTHING in regards to where it was taken, or what it could be construed as. She likely didnt think about where the sign was at all, and just thought it was a funny pose.

Poor taste. Stupid idea, and stupid should hurt. I bet she didnt mean any disrespect even though it was disrespectful.
Thats the problem though. Just because you don't intentionally do something shouldn't make it acceptable. Extreme analogy here but Involuntary manslaughter is an outcome that differs from intent. That does not make it acceptable or easily over looked
Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
Moto_Joe

no, but people are making her out to be some communist monster who hates our soldiers and America as evidenced by the title of the thread

I dont think that is the case at all

I think she is just a moron who didnt think about the repercussions of her action
Old 11-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
Vooduguru
Giant Vespa

Motorcycle: K1 TLR, 99 SRAD600

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisegunner View Post
You're fighting to protect her freedom to be an idiot.

Yea and she IS an idiot. However, she didn't cause any harm to anyone, other than those that look for anything and everything to be offended about. One problem with this nation is that so many fucking people are so easily butthurt about anything and everything and are looking for "damages" when all that was done was a comment, or a gesture. Just recently in Utah some asshole flipped off a police officer. Not to be outdone in the asshole department, the officer pulled over the guy detained him for 20-30 minutes, and cited him for disorderly conduct. So, again, the original asshole sues the police department and got PAID $5,000 because the officer in effect had no probable cause to pull the guy over, and had no legal reason to cite him. So what do we gather from this?
2 assholes
they meet
one guy makes an asshole gesture to another asshole and then it all goes to court.
Who really got to pay in this asshole party? The general public.

So we all suffer at the hands of fucking assholes.
Listen, fuckface - if you want us bother helping you, at least have the fucking common courtesy to take that little extra time to make your post fairly readable. If you can't see the reason in that, fuck on over to www.gsxr.com...
Surrounded by Utards.
Vooduguru is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

sigh, gotta love people these days.

i am happy to see the overwhelming response towards her actions. it shows that the general public sees the military in a very positive way vs how it used to be (back in vietnam era).
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
Moto_Joe

Since she was on company business, I think losing her job is prudent.

Outside that, nobody really should give a shit. She made a moron mistake, and a loss of a job is probably punishment enough.

Again, I dont think disrespect or hatred of 'Merica was her intention. I think she thought she was being funny actually. She is a moron. Nothing more.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #16
rp94pj
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR-750
Wow it amazes me the stupid shit people do these days. How could she have thought that was a good idea.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
rp94pj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp94pj View Post
Wow it amazes me the stupid shit people do these days. How could she have thought that was a good idea.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
it's the world we live in. it is the norm for people to not think before they act regardless what it is related to. our internet forum is a great example of that
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 05:09 AM   #18
llbigbird
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2000 Hayabusa- sold Now rocking the 2004 Fatboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
Since she was on company business, I think losing her job is prudent.

Outside that, nobody really should give a shit. She made a moron mistake, and a loss of a job is probably punishment enough.

Again, I dont think disrespect or hatred of 'Merica was her intention. I think she thought she was being funny actually. She is a moron. Nothing more.
That was my thinking. If she was "on the clock" than losing her job is very much a correct outcome BUT is she was in DC on free time being an asshole, it is tough to see someone get fired for that. I know I have done things that are stupid but they did not cause me to lose my job. Again let me say if she was at Arlington with individuals from the agency she works for than she should be fired with no 2nd thought.
llbigbird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #19
Cassidy
Rookie

The young lady in the photo aswell as the one taking it have both been terminated by their employer.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #20
yourname2221
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2000 600 (motors out 750 going in)

she did it for the 'likes' on facebook I bet.

Stupid attention whore.
yourname2221 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in