The Black Ops 2 thread - Page 7 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Non-Motorcycle Forums > Computers & Video Games

Old 11-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #121
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750
Re: The Black Ops 2 thread

I couldnt set my connection preferences to best.. I tried it and couldn't get into any games.. That is how shit my connection is.
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #122
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Was playing with a decent sized group last night.. but kept getting my ass handed to me.. So I left the group and went and played myself and was kicking ass again.. I don't understand how that works.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #123
Roscoe Hotfoot
Back Marker

Motorcycle: GSXR600 K6

The connection speeds for the group are all different - I think. Last night I had a great connection and despite my bitching, I was actually doing really well. Setting my connection to "best" really does the trick when I play solo or am the party leader. I still get owned, but at least its a fair fight. Nothing is more frustrating that to know an enemy is around the corner, getting your gun up and ready to fire, only to be hit and killed before he ever pops into view. That and face offs where you unleash a whole clip in his face - with one or two hit markers - and then he calmly lifts his weapon and puts one in your eye.
Roscoe Hotfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #124
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by njyork42 View Post
I couldnt set my connection preferences to best.. I tried it and couldn't get into any games.. That is how shit my connection is.
i dont think it was your connection. when you set it for "best", you are looking for games in your locale. you probably had no games in your locale. it happened with me on MW3 every now and then. i believe it will connect to games in the NW area for myself. most of the time, it would take 30-60 seconds to find a match but when i connected, latency was not an issue.

Quote:
Was playing with a decent sized group last night.. but kept getting my ass handed to me.. So I left the group and went and played myself and was kicking ass again.. I don't understand how that works.
i think there are multiple theories to this. i am assuming you meant party play? when we played as a GDC unit in MW3 and Black Ops, we needed to adapt to each other and learn each other's mannerism and build trust. it was like stepping on each other's toes while in game until we adapted to each other. i recall us learning to call stuff out and we went on a 10+ game winning streak when we improved our communication and worked as a unit. some of the casters on youtube only play with their teams because they have trust in each other. i think it would be awesome to put GDC back together for BO2 and see how we do. i know we fell apart in MW3 but we held together great in BO.
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #125
JetBlast

oh i just got this news about Nuketown 2025!

Quote:
If you’ve been enjoying that Nuketown 2025 map that you got as a part of your pre-order of Call of Duty: Black Ops II, then I might have some bad news for you.

Treyarch game design director David Vonderhaar announced the following a short time ago on Twitter:

Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don’t kill the messenger. Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.

So, as of now—and as far as I understand it, so feel free to correct me in the comments below if I’m wrong on this—the playlist that allowed for playing Nuketown 24/7 is now gone, the map isn’t part of the public rotation for maps, and Nuketown 2025 is only available at this point in Custom Games.

Vonderhaar did say the following when asked on Twitter if the map would be available in regular playlists as a follow-up:

Yeah. Probably eventually. We are talking that over internally.

So, there you go. Seeing as how Nuketown 2025 was a pre-order bonus for the game, I’ve already come across some fans of the game getting pretty upset over this move.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #126
ErikGSXR
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
bad news Double XP plus nuketown helped me prestige so quickly
ErikGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #127
JetBlast

TMarTn and a team hit 10th prestige in 5 days (24 hours of playing on rotation). they ended up 1st place overall. pretty wild stuff!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #128
JetBlast

oh does anyone watch Twitch.TV? they have live stream games like black ops 2. i watched a guy playing on PC with 2.42 K/D and was just flat out beasting everyone. he wasnt cheating. he used tactics and killed everyone. dude would run into a domination flag and just annihilate everyone lol
Old 11-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #129
Roscoe Hotfoot
Back Marker

That sucks about Nuketown. That is a really fun map.

As for the GDC clan, yes we need to get that going again. I try to call out locations, but half the time I don't even know where I am. I'm starting to learn the maps, but I haven't figured out how other teams are running them. In MW3, I could count on an enemy being in a particular spot at the start of the game, and almost always got "first blood" by beating them there. Waiting a sec and blowing up the van at the start of Resistance almost always got me a couple of kills. In BO2, I'm spending a ton of time running around trying to find someone to shoot and usually getting shot in the back by some camper for my troubles.

BTW, as York knows, I'm a big fan of semi-automatic weapons. They tend to deal a lot of punishment per shot and given the slower rate of fire, you don't run out of ammo so fast. I'm currently enjoying using the FAL with target finder and FMJ rounds. Its not as accurate as a sniper rifle, but in a medium range fight, it is pretty effective. I'm also becoming a huge fan of the Chicom sub-machine gun. Its a burst weapon which fits my style, but damn that thing throws out pixel bullets quick. I usually like shotguns, but this thing is a beast close range. I'm using overkill for all of my classes and with the secondary gunfighter perk, I'm using target finder and FMJ on the Chicom as well. Unfortunately, this means that I don't get to use any lethal or tactical equipment.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #130
ErikGSXR
Novice

Quote:
TMarTn and a team hit 10th prestige in 5 days (24 hours of playing on rotation). they ended up 1st place overall. pretty wild stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCQRZf_mgfs
that is nuts.... however i like the master pestige emblem lol
ErikGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #131
FcnChuck
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2008 GSX-R 600

i will be on tonight after class 8 pst or so. GDC back up and running again

GT: PoohBear00
FcnChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #132
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Hotfoot View Post
The connection speeds for the group are all different - I think. Last night I had a great connection and despite my bitching, I was actually doing really well. Setting my connection to "best" really does the trick when I play solo or am the party leader. I still get owned, but at least its a fair fight. Nothing is more frustrating that to know an enemy is around the corner, getting your gun up and ready to fire, only to be hit and killed before he ever pops into view. That and face offs where you unleash a whole clip in his face - with one or two hit markers - and then he calmly lifts his weapon and puts one in your eye.

I simply couldn't take anymore when all of us were playing together.. 3 or 4 or you were in the high 20s and 30s on kills with less than 10 deaths.. and I couldn't beat an enemy in a gunfight no matter what I tried.. I cycled through every single class I had trying different approaches.. I went like 13 and 27 one round and just as bad in another round.. Finally, on the boat when I was 9 and 17.. I rage quit.. Went to a game alone and proceeded to be the top player.... Somehow piggy backing off of the party leader is destroying my connection.. I have still not once ever had more than 3 bars in a game...ever.. and can still make it work and win
Old 11-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #133
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Quote:
i dont think it was your connection. when you set it for "best", you are looking for games in your locale. you probably had no games in your locale. it happened with me on MW3 every now and then. i believe it will connect to games in the NW area for myself. most of the time, it would take 30-60 seconds to find a match but when i connected, latency was not an issue.

i think there are multiple theories to this. i am assuming you meant party play? when we played as a GDC unit in MW3 and Black Ops, we needed to adapt to each other and learn each other's mannerism and build trust. it was like stepping on each other's toes while in game until we adapted to each other. i recall us learning to call stuff out and we went on a 10+ game winning streak when we improved our communication and worked as a unit. some of the casters on youtube only play with their teams because they have trust in each other. i think it would be awesome to put GDC back together for BO2 and see how we do. i know we fell apart in MW3 but we held together great in BO.

I mean party play..but the party was not the issue... I was loosing gunfights that I should have clearly been winning.. When you start unloading on a guy with a light machine gun..not one bullet misses and he can still turn around and kill you before he dies..something is wrong.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #134
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Quote:

I downloaded it last night before I went to bed and hadn't even played it yet.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #135
Roscoe Hotfoot
Back Marker

Quote:
I simply couldn't take anymore when all of us were playing together.. 3 or 4 or you were in the high 20s and 30s on kills with less than 10 deaths.. and I couldn't beat an enemy in a gunfight no matter what I tried.. I cycled through every single class I had trying different approaches.. I went like 13 and 27 one round and just as bad in another round.. Finally, on the boat when I was 9 and 17.. I rage quit.. Went to a game alone and proceeded to be the top player.... Somehow piggy backing off of the party leader is destroying my connection.. I have still not once ever had more than 3 bars in a game...ever.. and can still make it work and win
I feel your pain. Connection speed is everything. I rage when I see opponents running around so fast that I can barely track them or when I get the drop and unload on someone at point black with a shotgun and still die. I either tend to camp when this happens and jump out after they pass or just rage quit.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #136
njyork42
!##NULL##!

I have had a few chances to play at friend's houses on their good connections..and I usually rape everyone I would pay for a better connection, but this is the absolute best available in the sticks
Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #137
njyork42
!##NULL##!

The connection is so best..that when I do a speed test.. my dsl connection ranks in the bottom 5% in the nation.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #138
JetBlast

ever since i put my xbox in the DMZ on my router, i started to have way less issues with ghost bullets.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #139
rp94pj
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR-750
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseSix View Post
LMAO

I miss playing games all the time when I was a kid, especially online shooters on the PC.

Now I have a PS3 and Black Ops 2, its fun, but I also have a full time job and so much shit going on between the girl and I that I barely ever get a chance to play.

I heard something about being able to use a mouse and keyboard on the ps3? Anybody have any experience with this? My thumbs just don't have the same reaction speed that my wrist does (does that sound gay?)

HawkSeven219 (yes, because EclipseSix was taken, that fucker) is the gamertag.
Yep, lol. Stop stroking your boyfriends cock so much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
rp94pj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #140
EclipseSix
Club Racer

Motorcycle: '08 Gsxr 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp94pj View Post
Yep, lol. Stop stroking your boyfriends cock so much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
Stop hitting on me so much, its starting to get creepy

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Motorcycle.com Free App
EclipseSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement