Swingarm stand for storage AND mobility : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > Oil Cooled Gixxers

Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
Tchatterton24
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 1986 GSXR 750, 2012 Aprilia RSV4R factory, 2013 Aprilia SR50 Max Biaggi Replica
Swingarm stand for storage AND mobility

Anybody using anything similar to this rear stand?

http://moovamoto.com/index.php?page=...VaV1ZVMUVhejA9

I am extra room challenged and need to move bikes around easily within my workspace.

Any one have any other ideas or what are you guys using?
Tchatterton24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
rodriguez
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 86 7/11 86 1100 87 1100 89 750 95 xr650l 86 ATC 125m
Re: Swingarm stand for storage AND mobility

PM sent.
rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
GSX-R1100
Rookie

Motorcycle: 86 GSX-R1100 and 750, 90 1100, 91 750, 93 Bandit 400, 01 HD Night train, 06 DRZSM, 07 FZ1

Im sure were all like "why didn't I think of that"... I am
GSX-R1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX-R1100 View Post
Im sure were all like "why didn't I think of that"... I am
Not I.

I honestly wouldn't trust the wheeled contraption, doesn't seem too stable. I'd fear the whole thing tumbling sideways if I'm rolling it and one wheel hits a small crack or gravel chip and stops dead where it is. If I was given one I might try it, but I'd be more likely to cut the wheels off to make it a regular stand.

I suspect there's a reason pitbull and every other stand maker out there have never made anything like this.

For tight spaces, I prefer something like this. On a stand, no protruding bars blocking extra area, etc. Moving around I just roll the bike and do 15 point turns to turn it around.

EDIT: Also, if the center point of all their photos/demonstrations is a bimbo wearing 5" heels and vinyl pants, it tells me they probably don't want anyone focusing much on their contraption. The more tits are used to sell something, the more worthless it really is.
Just remember....."respect for the bike" is not what keeps you from crashing. You can have all the respect in the world for the bike, but when you do something accidentally and the bike reacts in a way that your skillset doesn't know how to respond to.......that's what ends you up on your head.
My avatar was the bike in the dining room for winter work. It never occurred to me it looks like I have a streetfighter...
davidhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

Haterz ^
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
jackbird_xx
Superbike Racer

Motorcycle: '85 GSX-R w/ Limited Dry-clutch, '85, '86 GSX-R750, '87 GSX-R750, '91 GSX-R750, '94 CBR600f2, YSR 80cc

I believe that contraption from Moovamoto seems well designed. 4 sets of wheels, clicks directly into your spools... makes minor adjustments in angling your bike flush against a shop/garage wall.

Small crack or gravel chip?? ... might as well keep the bike in the shed for the whole winter then - I say. LOL. Our shop floors are concrete, swept clean. This little device should work without a hitch. I'm sure if we were all "given one", for everything we were skeptical of, we'd take one of everything - now wouldn't we?! It comes down to wants vs needs... how much we have to spend. I still move my bike around (15 point turns) and continue to manually pick up the back end of my bike, shifting it as close to the inside wall of my shop - to use my space most effectively.

Keep the list of devices coming! We all need a Xmas list to provide the Missus. hehe...

Cheers.
jb_xx
jackbird_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
anthonyrr
Rookie

Motorcycle: 1993 gsxr 907

I saw a bike at the track set up on front and rear stands with rollers.

The mechanic shoved the bike out of the way off to side.

It seemed like he had been doing that for a while, because he was not gentle about it.

I thought it was a great idea.
anthonyrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
darkirish58
Rookie

Yes similar, minus the front swivel wheels. Been using it for years and is totally stable. I wouldn't hesitate to put swivel wheels on front if I needed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0092.jpg (82.8 KB, 105 views)
darkirish58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
tonyc9928
Rookie

Motorcycle: Life Behind Bars

I don't think it would fall over. I mean my Snap On tool box is 3 times heavier and at least 2 times as tall and I roll it everywhere. Never had an issue with it trying to fall over.

I like it. And the price seems reasonable too.
tonyc9928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #10
Mr645
Dont take ANY of my advice, EVER, when it comes to riding motorycles.

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhar View Post
Not I.

I honestly wouldn't trust the wheeled contraption, doesn't seem too stable. I'd fear the whole thing tumbling sideways if I'm rolling it and one wheel hits a small crack or gravel chip and stops dead where it is. If I was given one I might try it, but I'd be more likely to cut the wheels off to make it a regular stand.

I suspect there's a reason pitbull and every other stand maker out there have never made anything like this.

For tight spaces, I prefer something like this. On a stand, no protruding bars blocking extra area, etc. Moving around I just roll the bike and do 15 point turns to turn it around.

EDIT: Also, if the center point of all their photos/demonstrations is a bimbo wearing 5" heels and vinyl pants, it tells me they probably don't want anyone focusing much on their contraption. The more tits are used to sell something, the more worthless it really is.
I have the exact Pitbull and I put the wheels on piano casters from Home Depot. Each caster has three wheels and I bolted the caster to the Pitbull wheel and the rear of the bike rolls around the garage with ease.
Mr645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by njyork42 View Post
Haterz ^
Maybe, maybe not. If it works, it'd be great, but I have my doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbird_xx View Post
Small crack or gravel chip?? ... might as well keep the bike in the shed for the whole winter then
Big difference between a 23" outer diameter pneumatic tire rolling over little defects and a 1/2 inch hard plastic wheel rolling over the same surface with the same weight. A 2mm gravel chip to a bike tire is like a 4" log to a little caster wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyrr View Post
I saw a bike at the track set up on front and rear stands with rollers.

The mechanic shoved the bike out of the way off to side.

It seemed like he had been doing that for a while, because he was not gentle about it.

I thought it was a great idea.
As I said, if it works as claimed it'd be great, but the way it is presented leaves me suspicious at best.
davidhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
Mr645
Dont take ANY of my advice, EVER, when it comes to riding motorycles.

Motorcycle: 2003 GSXR 1000

Here is what I cam up with
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pitbullcaster.jpg (29.5 KB, 95 views)
Mr645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
jackbird_xx
Superbike Racer

Motorcycle: '85 GSX-R w/ Limited Dry-clutch, '85, '86 GSX-R750, '87 GSX-R750, '91 GSX-R750, '94 CBR600f2, YSR 80cc

Much like my warehouse, my garage is swept clean... so I don't concern myself with gravel. If gravel keeps you polarized about this contraption, I'd say it's the least of your concerns.

jb_xx
Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
awasson
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 1985 GSXR 750, 1986 GSXR Limited, GSXR750RK (in restoration mode), 1973 GT-750 (no longer have, looking for another)

Yeah, I like it! It would be prefect for my space. I have a concrete floor and I keep it relatively well swept. No pot-holes or chips to worry about.
awasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
chrisb41
Lifetime Premium

I have one very similar that came with one of my bikes and found it works great, especially when I was challenged for space and was trying to line the bikes up inside a storage container. Have not had any problems with stability, the only time I get a little edgy is as it transitions from steel to wheels as the rear tyre come off the ground.
chrisb41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #16
Intguy
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 1997 ZX11 Ninja

That don't look too bad, now if you had something for the front wheel.

For my big couch on wheels i have this little dolly. I use it everyday during the summer. When I come home I drive up on it and spin it 180, ready for the drive out the next moring. Then come winter I can just push it out of the way.

cheers

My 7/11 Build

Rick
Intguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #17
jackbird_xx
Superbike Racer

That by the way ... is the ULTIMATE!!! ^ ^ ^ Holy shite Rick!!

jb_xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement