Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 17 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Non-Motorcycle Forums > Computers & Video Games

Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #321
gixxerbaxter
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2005 GSX-R 600
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

/revival

Anyone jump on the F2P boat? I had a go at it this morning for about 1.5 hour.
I like it so far - feels like wow, looks like star wars = win for me
gixxerbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #322
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

Motorcycle: Steven's Bike

ill give it a shot when i get home in about a month
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #323
K7sixxer
Novice

Motorcycle: GSXR 600

I got this when it came out and I liked it. Quit at lv20 because I just didn't have time to play anymore. I would recommend people at least try it, especially now that its FTP. Great story for an MMO, pvp is ok, but if you're a star wars fan you will like it anyways.
K7sixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #324
JetBlast

well i gave F2P a shot today. i enjoyed the game all over again and im glad they made a few enhancements and put a dungeon finder into the game. i decided to renew my sub so i can get full benefits of the game.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #325
gixxerbaxter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
well i gave F2P a shot today. i enjoyed the game all over again and im glad they made a few enhancements and put a dungeon finder into the game. i decided to renew my sub so i can get full benefits of the game.

Sucks to be you nerd!

jk. I've been playing it on and off for the past month and i really enjoy it. Still can't find a good enough reason to pay for it monthly, though, not getting a mount until 25 is a pain in the ass.

Republic or Empire?
Old 12-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #326
JetBlast

right now, i am empire. i do have a 42 assassin but i also have a 15 agent im working on. im still a little annoyed with my assassin. i forgot which planet i am on but im having a hard time killing enemies even though im nearly maxed out on mods on my primary gear. i am using my healer companion to keep me alive. this was one issue that bugged me from the beginning.

i like using the agent because she is ranged DPS and it works for me. i used ranged DPS in WoW and enjoyed it way more than melee DPS.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #327
gixxerbaxter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
right now, i am empire. i do have a 42 assassin but i also have a 15 agent im working on. im still a little annoyed with my assassin. i forgot which planet i am on but im having a hard time killing enemies even though im nearly maxed out on mods on my primary gear. i am using my healer companion to keep me alive. this was one issue that bugged me from the beginning.

i like using the agent because she is ranged DPS and it works for me. i used ranged DPS in WoW and enjoyed it way more than melee DPS.
sweet. I'm rollin a Imperial Agent sniper. He just hits so hard I can't stop playing him I'm level 15 too
Old 12-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #328
JetBlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbaxter View Post
sweet. I'm rollin a Imperial Agent sniper. He just hits so hard I can't stop playing him I'm level 15 too
i have to check my sub class because i forgot which one i chose lol! i have the snipe ability so im assuming that is sniper.

i used the dungeon finder last night and it worked out pretty good. i hate the fact that it starts you at the beginning of the map when your group could be half way done when you join. i had to run the whole map because they were 75% completed.

its kind of nice to be a sub of the game because i can run flashpoints and pvp zones all the time without restriction. basically, f2p is an extended trial which is still good. people can play the whole story out and decide if they want to sub the game.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #329
JetBlast

not sure if anyone is still playing but a new expansion launches in march. level cap is 55 and the story continues. since i am a sub again, i got it half off ($10). im starting to enjoy the game much more now. i am level 45 assassin and i figured my gear/attacks out so i can survive. basically, im using critical strike gear but using dark charge (tank) to regen my life when leveling up. it seems to be the best balance for me to stay alive in big boss fights and killing off mobs. i switched trees as well and that helps a lot.

the cartel market is up and running too. you can buy adaptive gear if you want to keep with 1 look and just upgrade the mods to it. they have a few cool things in the market. i may add some more cartel coins to my acct later on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement