RiP : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Vooduguru
Giant Vespa

Motorcycle: K1 TLR, 99 SRAD600
RiP

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22957032&nid...cid=featured-1

The comments are infuriating.
Vooduguru is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600
Re: RiP

Only skimmed cuz Tl;DR but which comments were infuriating? Across the board it seemed pretty average on views
93goatfucker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Vooduguru
Giant Vespa

Quote:
This was a very very tragic accident for both of the parties involved. My heart goes out to both of the families. But to those of you so quick to place judgment I SAW the accident there was nothing the lady driving the SUV could of done to avoid it. Sadly, the young motorcyclist was driving way to fast as he came off the freeway and made a right turn passing cars and accelerating at way beyond the speed limit. Motorcycles are already dangerous enough to be driven, and when you drive recklessly you are endangering yourself and those around you. To all of family and friends involved, may I give my most sincere of sympathy's and may you find peace
They deleted one of the other comments from another witness that said "THE LADY IN THE SUV DID NOTHING WRONG!!!!1111" to that effect.

So the lady couldn't avoid pulling out in front of traffic that was already there?
Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600

Oh.. I guess Im just not seeing where youre coming from. According to that, no.. She couldnt avoid pulling in front of traffic that was already there. Because he was going faster than she thought. Or maybe she just didnt see him.

Its probably the thing that all street riding motorcyclists fear most. A car doesnt see you and pulls out before you can react. Sad, but theres no way of telling from what I saw to say whether she didnt see him at all, or she saw him and pulled out not realizing he was hauling ass and he couldnt stop in time. One would be "her fault" one would be "his fault".

IMO its just chalked up as a sad accident. Does blame always have to be put on someone RIP
Old 11-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
Motionelco
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr750
RIP damn cager, karma is a bitch....

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Motionelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #6
Vooduguru
Giant Vespa

I ride in this state 8 months out of the year, and some of the shit that I see happen,

About a year ago, a lady was at a red light, still red, looked right at me then ran the red light, about 30 feet in front of me. Fortunately I was only going like 20 as I was slowing for a light, but as she was staring right at me running a red light, and nearly forcing me to run into her driver door. I see this shit all the time, fucking sick of it.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #7
Vooduguru
Giant Vespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93goatfucker04 View Post
Oh.. I guess Im just not seeing where youre coming from. According to that, no.. She couldnt avoid pulling in front of traffic that was already there. Because he was going faster than she thought. Or maybe she just didnt see him.

Its probably the thing that all street riding motorcyclists fear most. A car doesnt see you and pulls out before you can react. Sad, but theres no way of telling from what I saw to say whether she didnt see him at all, or she saw him and pulled out not realizing he was hauling ass and he couldnt stop in time. One would be "her fault" one would be "his fault".

IMO its just chalked up as a sad accident. Does blame always have to be put on someone RIP
Stupid Honduh driving cunt was pulling out of a gas station, turning left in to oncoming traffic. Innocent rider dies. IMO that's unforgivable. Another witness stated that the rider was bobbin his head around listening to tunes...
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooduguru View Post
The comments are infuriating.
That comment is up for debate. I saw nothing "infuriating" just your basic run of the mill comments for an accident like this.

I myself blame the rider, and the driver for the accident. The rider was probably speeding, and the driver obviously wasn't paying close attention.

Edit: just saw this comment, no idea how valid it is, but sounds accurate to most situations.

Quote:
He was wearing a helmet. I witnessed the accident. It was horrible! It was a tragic accident and there wasn't negligence on the woman driving the SUV. It was a freak accident and I watched the ENTIRE wreck, I was behind the SUV waiting to exit the parking lot. Motorcycles (especially bullet bikes) watch how fast you're going. This wreck happened because the bike was going WAY to fast, passed a car stopping at a stop light on the right side. As the SUV pulled out of the parking lot the bullet bike gunned it around the right side of the car in front of him who was stopping at a light. The bike was going so fast that neither he nor the SUV could get out of the way.
Spook155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
ExpatJohnny
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooduguru View Post

It states speed may have had something to do with it... Yeah I'm sure the Motorcyclist made only one mistake, not automatically assuming the WOMAN IN A SUV might whip right out in front of him as if he isn't even there!!!

Seen it too many times now! I hate women in SUV's. It's not because women can't drive, they can, some very well, but in my area it seems all of them that are constantly distracted by other things while driving, seem to go buy SUV's!

Not sure what to say on this one. It's sad when the only safe way to drive a motorcycle on the street is to automatically assume that every car doesn't see you! Kinda sucks the fun out of it.
ExpatJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

There are some pretty ill informed comments...which go to show just how uneducated many people are about motorcycles.
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
LynnM
Club Racer

I have had the occasional run in with the SUV driver.... IT was always a Man driving !!!!!
LynnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #12
tinsnips
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2010 GSXR 600

Rest in peace rider. What if's and who did what's don't matter at all...the SUV will win in a collision EVERY TIME. No matter who is at fault it cost a rider his life & for that I am sorry...nothing more.
tinsnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #13
ExpatJohnny
Back Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnM View Post
I have had the occasional run in with the SUV driver.... IT was always a Man driving !!!!!
I see Men driving SUV's a lot in my area. If they do anything wrong, it's driving like they own the road, or being rude, but he always sees me!

I just simply have yet to see a Man in an SUV checking himself in the Mirror while moving or reaching for something in his purse, or both while talking on the cell phone!

I wish I was just being stereotypical but I've actually witnessed that sort of thing on multiple occasions!
ExpatJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
lostsouled
Novice

Motorcycle: 07 sixxer

First off, my condolences to the families involved. I was in a very similar accident 2 yrs ago. All of the witnesses stated that it was my fault for traveling at a high rate of speed and driving erratically (having just changed lanes to pass, just like this story)..... all except for 1 other witness, a policeman running radar. As he stated, not only was I not speeding, I was just under the speed limit. He stated that he was specifically watching me, and saw the whole thing. The point I am trying to get at is that cagers tend to take a stilted view of motorcycles as it is, there is not much changing it. We all just have to ride as safe as possible.
lostsouled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #15
Samantha750

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatJohnny View Post
It's sad when the only safe way to drive a motorcycle on the street is to automatically assume that every car doesn't see you! Kinda sucks the fun out of it.
Welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycles! There is a reason why there is a saying "Ride like you are invisible". Motorcycles are small and it's difficult to estimate distance and/or speed and sadly, many times drivers look through you like you are invisible.
Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #16
Ceiling Cat
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around

Motorcycle: 2012 Hayabusa (SOLD) - 2013 Harley Davidson Road King

A tip when riding. If there's a car that may pull out in front of you ( i.e., waiting ahead in your path )... watch their wheels. Have a plan ready to evade. Do NOT watch their face. They can look through you and still pull out, but if those wheels start turning, you know they are.
Ceiling Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #17
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae, ...XR650R .K7-1000

I wanted to add some comments but it said you can't anymore.
oldfart01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #18
Vooduguru
Giant Vespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatJohnny View Post

It states speed may have had something to do with it... Yeah I'm sure the Motorcyclist made only one mistake, not automatically assuming the WOMAN IN A SUV might whip right out in front of him as if he isn't even there!!!

Seen it too many times now! I hate women in SUV's. It's not because women can't drive, they can, some very well, but in my area it seems all of them that are constantly distracted by other things while driving, seem to go buy SUV's!

Not sure what to say on this one. It's sad when the only safe way to drive a motorcycle on the street is to automatically assume that every car doesn't see you! Kinda sucks the fun out of it.
IIRC the speed limit on that stretch of road is 50mph.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #19
Vooduguru
Giant Vespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
I wanted to add some comments but it said you can't anymore.

You can post em here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement