The Black Ops 2 thread - Page 5 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Non-Motorcycle Forums > Computers & Video Games

Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #81
Grip.it_Rawb
TechSpec Representative

Motorcycle: GSXR 750
Re: The Black Ops 2 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
No one here has mentioned it being completely unstable on their PS3

My buddy got it and he was able to play a few minutes before his PS3 froze and went black. It then took a half-hour to do some rebuild and he tried it again. Same result.

Now it freezes loading the initial menus.. over and over again.

LOTS of google hits on it freezing-up on both PC and PS3

I was looking forward to checking it out but nope...

Well theres your problem ryte theyare! <---bad redneck impression
Grip.it_Rawb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #82
cainyboy
Buggering Pommy Poofter

Motorcycle: Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkleberry View Post
Lol how is that unfortunate? You mean you are fortunate that it didn't
cainyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #83
GSX-R KV
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2004 GSX-R 600

I believe after playing COD for several years, and I mean avidly. Since COD4 MW came out and WAW everything went downhill. MW2 was decent but Black ops and MW3 and Black Ops 2 just horrible game play. Same thing as the previous 2 versions of the game.

I played BF3 and fell in love. It's a great game with great sound and graphic capabilities.

GTA 5 also looks sick as hell. Truth has it the map will be equal to GTA 4, GTA San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption COMBINED. Talk about system destroyer.
GSX-R KV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #84
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

and yep, i love BF3. very fresh game play and its fun to play online on PC. i still like black ops so i am hoping black ops 2 lives up to any of my standards. i didnt mind MW3 too much and i ended up finishing out with a 1.35 K/D on XBL and a 1.45 on PC. i believe BO2 just needs more time until all the little things are worked out. MW3 gave me a big head ache on launch until i settled into it weeks later.
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #85
Motionelco
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr750
[QUOTE=GSX-R KV;5811728]
I played BF3 and fell in love. It's a great game with great sound and graphic capabilities.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Motionelco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #86
Pee Wee Herman
AKA 1/4milecrazy

Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_sBg-G1gs0

and yep, i love BF3. very fresh game play and its fun to play online on PC. i still like black ops so i am hoping black ops 2 lives up to any of my standards. i didnt mind MW3 too much and i ended up finishing out with a 1.35 K/D on XBL and a 1.45 on PC. i believe BO2 just needs more time until all the little things are worked out. MW3 gave me a big head ache on launch until i settled into it weeks later.
That lag is absolutely HORRIBLE.

I am gonna wait a couple weeks and find a used version because I know people are gonna be returning it. Luckily I have a friend at gamestop that will hold me a used copy when it comes in.
Pee Wee Herman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #87
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

I am loving this game so far.
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #88
JetBlast

i feel so left out. i cant believe i had to head out for military training right when this game launched.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #89
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Ok...time for a more accurate review... The maps blow...all of them..

As far as gameplay... everything is extremely smooth..almost hypnotic..I will be playing this game a lot.. I have experienced way less lag with this game than MW3..

Weapon choices are lacking... but have a lot of cool customization.. Some of the reflex sights are extremely neat.

With the greed things.. I am rocking 5 perks currently..which makes for lots of fast action killing.

They put a lot of work into the game to make objective style playing more friendly.. For example... since the strike packages are points style now.. I can accumulate killstreaks by collecting dog tags on kill confirmed, and collecting tags counts for more points than kills.. which means camping tags is retarded...

Camping.. It is a lot more difficult to camp on this game without being killed.. I tried a lot.. which is why I think the maps are shitty.. I like to camp...

Can't wait to unlock everything.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #90
FcnChuck
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2008 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by njyork42 View Post

Camping.. It is a lot more difficult to camp on this game without being killed.. I tried a lot.. which is why I think the maps are shitty.. I like to camp...

lol that explains alot
FcnChuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #91
Pee Wee Herman
AKA 1/4milecrazy

Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600

Quote:
Ok...time for a more accurate review... The maps blow...all of them..

As far as gameplay... everything is extremely smooth..almost hypnotic..I will be playing this game a lot.. I have experienced way less lag with this game than MW3..

Weapon choices are lacking... but have a lot of cool customization.. Some of the reflex sights are extremely neat.

With the greed things.. I am rocking 5 perks currently..which makes for lots of fast action killing.

They put a lot of work into the game to make objective style playing more friendly.. For example... since the strike packages are points style now.. I can accumulate killstreaks by collecting dog tags on kill confirmed, and collecting tags counts for more points than kills.. which means camping tags is retarded...

It seems that the people who are not getting lag are not getting any at all, and the people who are getting lag are RIDICULOUS amounts of lag.
Pee Wee Herman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #92
JetBlast

in that video i posted, thunder said the maps are set up more for cybergaming league play than anything. i do think it brings a certain degree of fairness overall. i feel once people settle into the game in a couple of weeks, things may smooth out. i wouldnt be surprised if map packs will be released soon with different styles of play in mind. treyarch did say that they wanted to get things more team oriented so it sounds like they did a good job working on that.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #93
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Can't wait for new mappacks.. I certainly do a lot better on this unning around than trying to hold up in a corner or window somwhere.. I am sure as things progress I will get better at obtaining the higher score streaks, but as of right now I am using that rc car that blows up, uav, and care package... The "predator missile" hellstorm? on this game is intense.. I took out the entire team on domination as they tried to hold down a flag. I also got to use the "assault drone" type thing what time I have been able to play... That thing just doesn't seem fair to the enemies.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #94
le skid
!##NULL##!

Quote:
... That thing just doesn't seem fair to the enemies.
All is fair in love and war
le skid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #95
JetBlast

i watch a lot of BO2 videos so i can learn everything i can before i get to play! its gonna be a long wait! i also took a pic of BO2 Hardened Edition for XBox and sent the photo to my GF. i told her that is what i want for xmas so hopefully she can get her hands on it.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #96
Grip.it_Rawb
TechSpec Representative

Motorcycle: GSXR 750

played a lil competetive with some clan members last night...meh

Needs work. granted it is still release week, so far not impressed.

BUT
Played a few rounds of the new zombie mode with Roscoe and a few strangers and that was fun as hell!
Grip.it_Rawb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #97
Roscoe Hotfoot
Back Marker

Motorcycle: GSXR600 K6

I just picked up this game last night. I played my son in a split-screen private match and he kicked my ass so my first impression wasn't great.

I guess I'm one of those rare folks who dug MW3. I liked the frantic pace and the action of TDM. I also dug the super loud hit markers. They were like the bells and whistles of a slot machine for me.

After getting over the pain of losing to my son - the camper - I setttled into a few games of multiplayer TDM. I REALLY like the customization you can do with your classes. I actually enjoyed some of the maps. I played the carrier a lot and did well moving from cover to cover. I've only unlocked two assault rifles, but I liked them. Like MW3, its going to take me a while to get a feel for the flow of the games before I get good with my favorite class - the shotguns. From what I've seen so far, most engagements are at medium range so I'm not sure this class will be too effective. Playing zombies is also fun. I like the whole storyline and "Johnny cab" bus concept. As Grip can attest, I suck at this part of the game, but it is a lot of fun. Best of all, I've had no lag issues at all....so far.

As far as dislikes go, I'm finding it hard to see opponents. They don't stand out like they do in MW3 and I wish the hit markers sounded louder like in MW3.

Overall, it seems like this game is a cross b/n MW3 and BF2 (without the ability to climb into vehicles). I'm liking it so far.
Roscoe Hotfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #98
dinkleberry
Novice

Motorcycle: '99 gixxer 600
I always wondered why people would buy first person shooting games on console. The aim assist feature is so dumb.
dinkleberry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #99
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Hotfoot View Post
I just picked up this game last night. I played my son in a split-screen private match and he kicked my ass so my first impression wasn't great.

I guess I'm one of those rare folks who dug MW3. I liked the frantic pace and the action of TDM. I also dug the super loud hit markers. They were like the bells and whistles of a slot machine for me.

After getting over the pain of losing to my son - the camper - I setttled into a few games of multiplayer TDM. I REALLY like the customization you can do with your classes. I actually enjoyed some of the maps. I played the carrier a lot and did well moving from cover to cover. I've only unlocked two assault rifles, but I liked them. Like MW3, its going to take me a while to get a feel for the flow of the games before I get good with my favorite class - the shotguns. From what I've seen so far, most engagements are at medium range so I'm not sure this class will be too effective. Playing zombies is also fun. I like the whole storyline and "Johnny cab" bus concept. As Grip can attest, I suck at this part of the game, but it is a lot of fun. Best of all, I've had no lag issues at all....so far.

As far as dislikes go, I'm finding it hard to see opponents. They don't stand out like they do in MW3 and I wish the hit markers sounded louder like in MW3.

Overall, it seems like this game is a cross b/n MW3 and BF2 (without the ability to climb into vehicles). I'm liking it so far.

I did have more difficulty seeing the opponents..which is why I enjoy this target finder attachment so much. Also..I find that the walls and stuff on this game are extremely easy to shoot through.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #100
JetBlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Hotfoot View Post

i agree with mw3's frantic pace. i like it too but i just like treyarch's version of CoD in the end. did you play black ops with GDC? i dont remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkleberry View Post
I always wondered why people would buy first person shooting games on console. The aim assist feature is so dumb.
you can turn it off! i like shooters on PC but im sick of the hackers now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in