Any rumor of a new design for the Busa? : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > Other Suzuki Forums > Hayabusa

Old 06-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
K3Gixx
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as in rooster. Which might be even worse. And takes more duct tape to avoid a damn mess. Has lead to interesting nights.

Any rumor of a new design for the Busa?

Anyone heard of any redesign rumors for the Busa? Still interested in buying one, but would hate to buy one then a year later "the next best thing" gets unveiled...
K3Gixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
SVS
drunk texts OG and Oldfart

Motorcycle: '08 KTM SuperDuke R, '99 SV650S, '84 XL600R
Re: Any rumor of a new design for the Busa?

The first generation was near unchanged for 10 years - and even the full-on sportbikes from the Japanese manufacturers have gone from 2 to 3-4 year model cycles because of the current economy. So take a guess

Last edited by SVS; 06-24-2011 at 02:50 AM.
SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
kman0066
Rookie

Motorcycle: 06 &11 ZX-10Rs

They probably won't change it until sales start to dive or Kawasaki releases a new ZX-14 or ZX-16 or whatever their next bike will be called.

Having said that, there is rumor coming from the magazines that there might be a new ZX-14 in 2012. I'd guess evolutionary and not revolutionary like ABS/traction control with "bold new graphics/colors" and maybe some new tires.

I wouldn't bother holding out for it, I really think that if it does change next year, it won't be anything too different from what we have now. And unless sales pickup quick, there won't even be a 2012 at all, just as the 2010s were skipped in the U.S. because of low sales.

2006 ZX-10R - Street/Backup race bike
2011 ZX-10R - Race bike (WERA A Superstock, A Superbike, F1, Open Superstock, WERA Superbike)
kman0066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Kanati
Rookie

Motorcycle: Kanati

Well the 14 answered with something rather unexpected (at least to me it was unexpected)...

Do we even know if there's a dealer show this year for suzuki? They haven't announced anything but the vstrom for 2012 that I'm aware of.
Kanati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
Copper99
Rookie

Motorcycle: 1999 Hayabusa, 2001 GSXR1000, 1981 RD350LC

The new 14 (now 1441 cc) has been officially launched now, doesnt appear much different to me but I dont doubt its better than every area than the previous model, it isnt a Busa thou!

Google will throw up a couple of roadtests and pics on it.

Busa wise nothing planned for 2012 and unlike the 1000's, the Busa hasnt been tinkered with quite so frequently as has been said above, its still selling well so i cant see any major change in 2012 or 2013 so if you want one, i wouldnt let that put you off.

What you really want is an original 1999 copper/silver one thou, in my un-biased opinion! lol
Copper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
K3Gixx
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as in rooster. Which might be even worse. And takes more duct tape to avoid a damn mess. Has lead to interesting nights.

The new ZX-14 is a pretty radical departure. More aggressive fairing design, front end, rear end, bigger engine, new electronics... but IMO they still look pig-fat over the Busa (which ain't exactly skinny looking to begin with). So there's hope that Suzuki will challenge them in '12 or '13....
Old 10-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
kay7six00
Rookie

Motorcycle: K6 750

The one thing holding me back from probably ever getting a Busa is the fact that it's a Cadillac on 2 wheels. I test rode one last summer from a local stealership and while I definitely respect the amount of power it makes, it feels like a fucking semi to ride, maybe it's just me though. If Suzuki would slim down the body of the Hayabusa, and make it resemble a 1k or something a little more I would buy one in a heartbeat.
kay7six00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
amf25
Novice

they should make the new busa come stock with the 1000 tail conversion
amf25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
K3Gixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay7six00 View Post
The one thing holding me back from probably ever getting a Busa is the fact that it's a Cadillac on 2 wheels. I test rode one last summer from a local stealership and while I definitely respect the amount of power it makes, it feels like a fucking semi to ride, maybe it's just me though. If Suzuki would slim down the body of the Hayabusa, and make it resemble a 1k or something a little more I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Have you seen the motor stuffed in there? Not sure how much slimmer they could make it really....

Throw your leg over a B-King (naked Busa) and you'll see.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
Nichin
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR-1000 (track) and Hayabusa (street)

Busas got it right with the gen 1 model in my opinion. Only thing it needs is TC and ABS to come up to par with the new liter bikes. They could add a super charger or a turbo out of the factory but anyone who is going to do that would probably want an after market anyways. These are not race bikes trying to shave 10's of a second off lap times they are sport crusers or starter drag bikes.

Oh and they could go from a inline to a V and tighent it up consideralby. There is still quite a bit of room between the fuel rail and the fuel pump. but that would lead to a whole host of problems and power loss.

Last edited by Nichin; 10-14-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Nichin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
Pro-Lux-Racing
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: A Gixxah!

I doubt it. It took them long enough to produce the Gen II
And then everyone whined about the rear tail!
Pro-Lux-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #12
Kanati
Rookie

Motorcycle: Kanati

Kawi has been talking of releasing a bike with a blower since 2009... And supposedly are thinking of releasing (not this year obviously) a bike with 1500cc and supercharged. Already have the engine and blower in a jetski. Just gotta plop it in a frame and figure out how it's not going to kill the first person to look at it funny.

I would love to see the busa up the ante and do say... 1452 and call it a GSX1500R.

I'm still happy with my '06 Burgundy and black, but if they did something radical like that I'd upgrade.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #13
It's_Just_Bob
Deceptively fat procrastinating Bob...

Motorcycle: k8 1000 street, 06 600 track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper99 View Post
Google will throw up a couple of roadtests and pics on it.
Google doesn't do motorcycle road tests, does it?

Quote:
That's the whole point of it. It's a full fairing sport tourer. Hence the GSX-1300R instead of GSX-R1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
Kawi has been talking of releasing a bike with a blower since 2009... And supposedly are thinking of releasing (not this year obviously) a bike with 1500cc and supercharged. Already have the engine and blower in a jetski. Just gotta plop it in a frame and figure out how it's not going to kill the first person to look at it funny.
You could call it the Squid Hunter, cuz squids would be killing themselves on it all over the place.
It's_Just_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #14
Pro-Lux-Racing
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
That defeats the whole purpose of what the bike was built for!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #15
squale147
no rest for the wicked

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2

i dont think that they will put up a gen 3 any time soon becouse of the markit and the 1000 is will be coming up for a make over before the busa..i dont think suzuki needs to do anything yet becouse the gen 2 is a great bike...i loe mine..
squale147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #16
Wag
Constantly in trouble now

Motorcycle: '06 Gixxer 1000, Hayabusa

No need to change it, is there?

--Wag--
Wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #17
gixerhp
Rookie

Motorcycle: Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wag View Post
No need to change it, is there?

--Wag--
Not at all!
gixerhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #18
Pro-Lux-Racing
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixerhp View Post
Not at all!
hey you grumpy bastid!
Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #19
TheJza
Novice

Motorcycle: L1 'Busa and L1 GSXR-750 (well its the wife's really LOL)

Gen III to be released end of 2013... this years new model offers Brembo brakes as a stop gap... Suzuki working on a ZZR1400 beater (sorry ZX-14 for you yanks :-))....

Heard from the mouth of a suzuki dealer who told me to hold off buying the 2013 as the next one is supposed to be a "bit special"... so it'll need 200+ bhp, Brembo's, another god-awful looking exhaust, plenty of windtunnel tested fairing blades.. and go like stink.. so expect "B mode" to match the ZZR1400 bhp as we got with the GenII when it first came out (164bhp in B mode vs 163 TOTAL for the then ZZR1400). Apparently it'll be the fastest accelerating production bike ever.. reclaiming ground lost on the BMW. PS Same dealer told me not to buy a GenI when there wasn't an announcement about the GenII at the time.. so no reason to doubt him!!!

Cant friggin wait!!

Jza
TheJza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #20
Copper99
Rookie

Motorcycle: 1999 Hayabusa, 2001 GSXR1000, 1981 RD350LC

I think your dealer friend is pulling your leg, i heard directly from Suzuki marketing , in person, there isnt a new total re-designed Busa on the drawing board, this re-fresh will have to do for 2 years..."new" Busa 2015 at the earliest I was told..

Happy to be proven wrong this time next year thou!
Copper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement