Projector ballast install..? : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > SRADs (97-00 600 and 96-99 750)

Old 11-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
nemesis119
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2000 gsxr 600
Projector ballast install..?

The closest thing i found in a search was this

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172261

Its just pics..but i wanna find out HOW its done. Possible sticky write up..? Or a link to a site that exlains the process for our bikes?
nemesis119 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
cobramadness
Parts Junkie

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 1000
Re: Projector ballast install..?

Not for a srad but these pics mght help

http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t...r+install+srad

They do a lot of those headlight mods over thre if you want to do some searching
cobramadness is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

I had done a small write-up for the k1-k3, a headlight is a headlight, so if you can do one, you can do them all. (Just as long as the retro's fit)

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthr...973&highlight=
Spook155 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
nemesis119
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2000 gsxr 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook155 View Post
I had done a small write-up for the k1-k3, a headlight is a headlight, (Just as long as the retro's fit)
Thats the other part...on the k1-k3s..it seems that theres more "forward space" with it being pointy-er. Whats probably the best brand to go with for the 2k? Or should i just go by measurements/syle preference comparison..?
nemesis119 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

Hell, you're so close, if you're still in Joliet I could show you one day. Right now my bikes are stored in Lockport and I'll be in the area tomorrow.

You can see how much room I have left with mine, and base your judgements off that
Spook155 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
piester
Rookie

Motorcycle: 1998 GSXR 7/10

retrofitting duel projectors in the srad headlights wouldnt be too hard. the easiest and cheapest way would honestly be to get the lef or right side projectors from a zx14 (they have a dedicated projector for low and high beam. and make a bracket to hold them in the headlight. then put your ballasts on. run a relay to power your low beam right from the battery so that its switched by the key and always on when the bike is on. then a relay for the high beam straight to battery so that the old high beam power wire is what controls the high beam. and a cutoff relay for the grounds controlled by the start button. i did this setup on my streetfighter and it produced the brightest lights and never flickered at all. before just using the stock wiring they would flicker on and off at idle. there is PLENTY of room behind the srad fairings for those projectors. i used ddm tuning HIDs in mine. cheap and have a great track record.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
williamhbonney
Rookie

Motorcycle: 97 gsxr 750

Piester did you put the k8 wheel in the srad swinger? Im too lazy to read through the thread again. Sorry op.
williamhbonney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in