Hey guys I'm newbie here I've mostly rode cruisers but decided to buys my buddies 06 gsxr 750. It had 5000 miles and was in perfect condition I've put 2000 miles on it since I've had it.
The other day we all went riding and was running down freeway and the bike just shut off gauges and all. I could smell the battery it was smoking I got a newe battery to get it home. Went out the next morning and turned the key and it kept blowing ignition fuse so I disconnect the R/R cause its obviously bad and the fuse stop blowing but now my fuel pump will not prime and the throttle boddies aren't adjusting and my low beam headlights not working. All the fuses and relays have been checked and are good. The fuel pump can be jumped at the relay and runs. It's getting spark and turns over but will not crank. Please help!!
I've read at least four threads over the last couple of years of rectifiers that fail in an overvolt condition. Your smoking battery and probably blown headlight bulb points this way.
Unfortunately, most of the threads ended with the owner replacing the ECU after fixing the charging problem. The battery also acts as a "shock absorber" in the electical system. When it boiled out the voltage spiked a lot and probably fried the ECU.