The Black Ops 2 thread - Page 3 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Non-Motorcycle Forums > Computers & Video Games

Old 11-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #41
Pee Wee Herman
AKA 1/4milecrazy

Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600
Re: The Black Ops 2 thread

Just last night I fired up the XBOX and spent over an hour updating and downloading all the new maps for MW3.

Not sure how I feel about them, played a couple of them in private matches just to get a feel for them. Not very creative if you ask me, some look like they will be fun, some look like teh suck.

I am on the fence and will wait to buy BO2. I am not gonna sit on line at midnight, that's for damn sure.
Pee Wee Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #42
dinkleberry
Novice

Motorcycle: '99 gixxer 600
Anyone going to be playing this on pc?

Btw is it true that apparently all servers will be dedicated, and hackers will be detected and banned faster?

Cause anyone whose played on pc knows that hackers pretty much fucked up the online multiplayer games for MW3. This just can't can't happen to BO2 cause that would be fucken bull SHiT!
dinkleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #43
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkleberry View Post
Anyone going to be playing this on pc?

Btw is it true that apparently all servers will be dedicated, and hackers will be detected and banned faster?

Cause anyone whose played on pc knows that hackers pretty much fucked up the online multiplayer games for MW3. This just can't can't happen to BO2 cause that would be fucken bull SHiT!
i seriously doubt a cod game will be on servers. MW1 was server based for PC but i dont think Treyarch will do that. at least with XBL, you can report them for cheating. in MW3, you can report them while in the lobby (or report them to XBL). IW actually posted they were gonna crack down on the cheaters big and who knows how well that turned out on console.
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #44
FcnChuck
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2008 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
i seriously doubt a cod game will be on servers. MW1 was server based for PC but i dont think Treyarch will do that. at least with XBL, you can report them for cheating. in MW3, you can report them while in the lobby (or report them to XBL). IW actually posted they were gonna crack down on the cheaters big and who knows how well that turned out on console.
+1

after they did away with ded servers with mw2, i doubt they will ever bring it back. its all about console gaming now, pc gamers are slowly being left in the dust.

i pre-ordered my copy last night for xbox after i traded in mw3. there is a 30% extra credit towards specific titles if you trade in games at game stop right now.

gt: poohbear00
FcnChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:51 AM   #45
Cazperz
Novice

Motorcycle: 2009 gsxr1000, 2006 gsxr750 track bike
Ill be playing it on pc but i dont really care about the online part just want to play the story and it looks better/plays better on pc im a pc nerd play a few other games online use my xbox as a mobile Netflix machine

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Cazperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #46
JetBlast

some notes!

Quote:
Treyarch has been kind enough to outline exactly what will force the ban hammer to swing your way in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, so there’s no excuse when it happens.

There are two levels of infringement, the first is a minor misdemeanor and will see you temporally suspended from the servers for between 48 hours and two weeks. The second level is an extreme offense, this is when a player has caused problems for other users or has organized a large group of commit offenses, pick up one of these and you will be permabanned.

The bannable offenses are exactly what you would expect from a Call of Duty title, ranging from modding/hacking the game to boosting/glitching. Every rule seems fair and the punishment fits the crime so I doubt many fans will complain about the list.

Definitions

Temporary bans can range from 48 hours to 2 weeks, depending on the severity of the infraction. Permanent bans are lasting and final.

A minor offense is one in which no quantifiable damage has been done to another user or the game community at large. An extreme offense is one in which a player has caused detriment to other users or has organized large groups of users to commit additional offenses.

Modding/Hacking

Any user who runs a modified version of game code or uses a modified game profile is subject to penalty.
•First offense: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.
•Console users who modify their hardware or profile data will also be reported to console manufacturers. PC users on Steam will be reported to the Steam enforcement team.

Pirated Content

Any user who illegally acquires Call of Duty: Black Ops II content is subject to penalty.
•First offense: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.
•Console users in possession of illegally acquired content will also be reported to console manufacturers. PC users on Steam will be reported to the Steam enforcement team.
Unsupported Peripheral Devices & Applications

Any user who utilizes an unsupported external hardware device or application to interact with the game is subject to penalty. Unsupported peripheral devices and applications include but are not limited to modded controllers, IP flooders and lag switches.
•Minor offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.
•Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

Boosting

Any user who colludes with another user to exploit the game for the purpose of gaining XP, prestige, game score, weapon level, or in-game unlock is subject to penalty.
•First offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.
•Second offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, will have online split-screen privileges revoked, and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.
•Extreme or multiple repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

Glitching

Any user who abuses an exploit in game code or other established rule of play is subject to penalty. An example includes but is not limited to using a hole in the map geo to intentionally go outside of the map boundary.
•First offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.
•Second offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, will have online split-screen privileges revoked, and will have their leaderboard entries deleted.
•Extreme or multiple repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

Offensive Behavior

Any user who is found to use aggressive, offensive, derogatory or racially charged language is subject to penalty.
•First offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online.
•Second offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online and will have voice chat privileges in the game revoked.
•Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

Offensive Emblems

Any user who creates an emblem with sexually gratuitous images, racially offensive material or foul language is subject to penalty.

•Minor offense: User will be temporarily banned from using the Emblem Editor, and all emblems will be reset to default.
•Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from using the Emblem Editor, and all emblems will be reset to default.

Offensive Live Streams or Unauthorized Live Stream Content

Any user who is found to have offensive or unauthorized content in their live stream is subject to penalty. Offensive content includes but is not limited to foul language, racially charged language, and nudity. Unauthorized content includes but is not limited to unlicensed music, TV shows, movies and brand logos.
•Minor offense: User will be temporarily banned from using live streaming and may have camera streaming privileges in the game revoked.
•Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from using live streaming.
•Extreme offenders will also be reported to the live streaming service provider and may have their account revoked by that service provider

Last edited by JetBlast; 11-12-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #47
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

I like the rules they are going to try and enforce, but still do not think Black Ops 2 is for me. Let me know how it goes guys, still curious to see if torrenting it for the story line is even worth it.
Spook155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #48
JetBlast

im gonna report all those verbal abusers out there
Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #49
vtay
Back Marker

Motorcycle: k7 gsxr 600

Yeah last week my boyfriend and I went to the halo release. And we'll be going tonight for BO2 as well. I get off work at 11pm though so its not like we're waiting up for it.
vtay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #50
JetBlast

this sucks. i wanna pick up BO2 tomorrow and i cant. my xbox is in WA state and i am in CO until Dec 20. i just hope my GF doesnt make me wait until Xmas day to play

ill tear the house apart until i find it!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #51
dinkleberry
Novice

Motorcycle: '99 gixxer 600
The game is sickkk!! The feel from mw3 to bo2 is a lot different. Futuristic guns, vehicles, equipment, class customization, you name it.

Creating a class is a bit complicated because of all the new perks and equipment. Most of the perks do the same thing in mw3 just with new names and symbols.

I really like it so far! And no hackers encountered yet!
dinkleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #52
Ril3y
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 2007 GSXR 600
I like the rules they're trying to enforce.. and those penalties will make one think twice about hacking/glitching....
Ril3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #53
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750

Pre-orded the damn thing..Paid for 1 day shipping.. Stupid f***ing game isn't here.
njyork42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #54
JetBlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkleberry View Post
The game is sickkk!! The feel from mw3 to bo2 is a lot different. Futuristic guns, vehicles, equipment, class customization, you name it.

Creating a class is a bit complicated because of all the new perks and equipment. Most of the perks do the same thing in mw3 just with new names and symbols.

I really like it so far! And no hackers encountered yet!
yep just like the original black ops. there is a reason why a lot of people stayed with it instead of going to MW3. the game just works and its very fun. i cant wait to play but i have a long wait ahead of me. ill just watch the youtube vids until then.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #55
correll1000
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 97 SRAD 750
the game is absolute garbage......period....biggest waste of 65 dollars ever...

so disappointed
correll1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #56
cainyboy
Buggering Pommy Poofter

Motorcycle: Kawasaki ZX9R

Shit game, graphics are shit, story is ridiculous, AI are stupid and just run at you. I quite liked the first but this is ridiculously bad, absolute waste of cash.
cainyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #57
GixxerSIX66
Back Marker

Motorcycle: K2 gsxr 600 And K3 Gsxr 600
Is it wrong that I use a motorcycle forum, for video games?

Long time no see guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
GixxerSIX66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #58
JetBlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerSIX66 View Post
Is it wrong that I use a motorcycle forum, for video games?

Long time no see guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Lol works for me! The multiplayer doesn't look too bad.

Sent from steven32's house
Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #59
correll1000
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 97 SRAD 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
Lol works for me! The multiplayer doesn't look too bad.

Sent from steven32's house
multiplayer is the worst part....servers are TERRIBLE...not on match that didnt lag orr host migrate.
correll1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #60
GixxerSIX66
Back Marker

Motorcycle: K2 gsxr 600 And K3 Gsxr 600
Its a new release, judging by lots of previous new releases... Servers will lag. Give them time to work out the bugs. So far, I'm digging it.
GixxerSIX66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement