making my own petcock - Page 8 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > Water Cooled Gixxers

Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #141
cody5127
Rookie

Motorcycle: 1995 gixxer 750
Re: making my own petcock

What's with the tude Ccm?
cody5127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #142
RipmasterGeise
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 88 GSX-R 750

You do realize some homemade contraption could fail and turn you into a fireball right? This is a part you shouldn't cheap out on. I just looked and there is a used one in the classified and probably more around that could be had at a decent price. If you're worried over $100 part that has safety implications this might not be the sport for you.
RipmasterGeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #143
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae, ...XR650R .K7-1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody5127 View Post
No teeth, stacks of beer boxes along the back of the trailer, shotguns, and cigarette butts everywhere kind of guy?
When were you at my house?? What the hell is going on in this thread, I thought you water coolers were all huggy, kissy in here?!
oldfart01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #144
cody5127
Rookie

Nobody asked for your opinion dude, the only thing that would happen to the petcock is it might leak. I don't really see as to how this is much different from stock nor how it can turn me into a fireball.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #145
cody5127
Rookie

And I ain't got the red r yet so classifieds are
Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #146
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae, ...XR650R .K7-1000

Quote:
Nobody asked for your opinion dude, the only thing that would happen to the petcock is it might leak. I don't really see as to how this is much different from stock nor how it can turn me into a fireball.
Leaky petcock + hot motor + hot exhaust= possible human torch. If you think it doesn't happen you are VERY wrong. I had a friends bike fireball at a track right behind me, have also been to several as a fireman when I was younger. Shit gets real very quick.
oldfart01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #147
cody5127
Rookie

I'm not saying its not possible, I'm just saying what's different from the OEM petcock and something I make if both leak?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #148
RipmasterGeise
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 88 GSX-R 750

Quote:
I'm not saying its not possible, I'm just saying what's different from the OEM petcock and something I make if both leak?
Your OEM petcock started leaking 17 years off the showroom floor.... and you're bitching about it.
RipmasterGeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #149
cody5127
Rookie

Actually, my petcock never started leaking, the plastic piece inside seized up at one point and someone before me sheared off the tabs on the knob and destroyed the petcock. My idea I was gonna make it leak proof and if it happened to leak I was gonna restart fresh. I'm not stupid when it comes to working on cars, still kinda new to bikes but they are the same concepts.

If I wanted comeback I would have wiped of your moms chin
Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #150
Sabba
Club Racer

Motorcycle: '89 CBR 600 (SOLD), '93 GSXR 750 (SOLD), '04 GSXR 600

What the hell happened in here?
Sabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #151
ccmhunt
Superbike Champ

Motorcycle: 96 GSXR750 (parts), ZX7/9RR F-USA AMA SBK, 96 ZX7RR STREET, 96 WSBK ECKL ZX7RR

Cody, I am glad that you are creative and willing to think outside the box. It is, however, your economic status that drove you to do so, and some generous members who saved you.
Take it from someone who has seen plenty of bikes go up in flames from poor choices, seen garages with racebikes burn down due to backfire through throttle body, ridden methanol fueled bikes and had to deal with invisible flames on the track, dump can fires in endurance racing, etc....... Let the factory design the some things, a petcock is one of them.
Deal with the jokes without the comebacks, roll with it. You ought to expect it on gdc. It's tough love here. When people don't care, they don't given you parts, and they don't even give you a hard time.
In 20 years, when you have ridden more miles on the track than on the street, and can't remember all the bikes you have crashed, you will understand.
[QUOTE=senator8]Haha! You're more than 1%. My bike ran perfectly all year. All I did was oil changes and thumbed the starter. While my competitors had bikes and carbs in pieces at the track I was enjoying a coffee and saying "thanks Chris"
ccmhunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #152
cody5127
Rookie

What are you talking about Ccm? Nobody has saved me yet. OG wants the cash first to ship and srads is called for by jsarget. If I can't get one then I'm just gonna delete the diaphragm off my current one so its free flow and put stop valves in the lines. It's my only option and I already have the valves on the way.

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #153
JSargent52
Artist formerly known as Cock Gobbler

Motorcycle: 1994 GSXR 750, finally done! Custom Paint. Rebuilt top end and carbs. Yoshi top triple and rearsets (stolen:crying).1993 GSXR 750 project to rebuild. 2003 GSXR 600 Alstare Edition
Correction srads isn't claimed by me. I talked to him about it but didnt buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
JSargent52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #154
JSargent52
Artist formerly known as Cock Gobbler

Motorcycle: 1994 GSXR 750, finally done! Custom Paint. Rebuilt top end and carbs. Yoshi top triple and rearsets (stolen:crying).1993 GSXR 750 project to rebuild. 2003 GSXR 600 Alstare Edition
But how much is the shipping? I will be seeing OG in the upcoming days and if shipping is like 5 bucks I will help you out while I'm there. That way he doesn't take the complete hit for the petcock. You don't need a chance of a fire for a couple bucks. But please if we do this get the red r!

JSargent52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #155
cody5127
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSarget52 View Post
But how much is the shipping? But please if we do this get the red r!

Shipping is $8 but he wants it Paypal and I don't have Paypal.

And about the red r, I said I would see about getting it at the end of this month but the decision is ultimately up to my gf since it's her credit card I'll be using.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #156
oldgixxer
Loves to nibble on Shannons huge boobs

Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Seems to be some confusion&misinformation concerning the petcock Im sending Cody so let me clear it up.
My last PM to Cody said that I would SHIP IT FOR FREE if he got his Red R. Shipping in a USPS flat rate box is $8. I told him to forget sending ME the $8(trying to be nice),borrow another $7 from somebody($8+$7=$15),take that $15 that he now has&spend that on getting his Red R for 1year(1 yr Red R membership=$15) as I would much rather see him support the forum then give me $8.
Cody told me that he has to wait until the end of the month to come up with the money for the Red R since he gets his check at that time.

My point is this: I dont need the Pingel petcock(which I could sell for $40 easily)as its collecting dust. I dont wanna see this kid set himself on fire/burn his bike/house/whatever down to the ground. I was broke when I was young too and struggled to support my motorcycle habit.
I was helped out by older,generous guys who I became friends with at the dragstrip&took me under their wings and I figured I would pay-it-forward by helping out Cody.

I dont need the $8 for shipping although it would be nice since I am unemployed. My only stipulation was that he "give back to the gixxer.com community&support the forum which helped him out" by getting his Red R. He said he would at the end of the month&hopefully he is a man of his word and follows through with getting it.

Last edited by oldgixxer; 11-15-2012 at 05:59 AM.
oldgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #157
tlee2989
Mr Creepy McCreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
a fireman when I was younger.
Oldfart i bet you still have half naked fireman calenders in your garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
My point is this: I dont need the Pingel petcock(which I could sell for $40 easily)as its collecting dust. I dont wanna see this kid set himself on fire/burn his bike/house/whatever down to the ground. I was broke when I was young too and struggled to support my motorcycle habit.
I was helped out by older,generous guys who I became friends with at the dragstrip&took me under their wings and I figured I would pay-it-forward by helping out Cody.
very very generous of you og. i dont see anything wrong with your requests become a site supporter 15 bucks and get a free 100 buck petcock seems like an easy concept to me. then later on cody can see the classifieds to again help himself with better deals on maintanence/care for his bike.
tlee2989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #158
cody5127
Rookie

And OG, like I said I will look into it, doesn't mean yes I will get it but it doesn't mean no I won't. The decision is up to my gf. But, I am determined to get it and if she won't let me get it, I'll try and find another way. I really appreciate all of the help here, and I do believe in the pay it forward as I have already participated in it which is what caused most if my financial troubles, but I'm catching up, slowly but surely.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #159
ccmhunt
Superbike Champ

Motorcycle: 96 GSXR750 (parts), ZX7/9RR F-USA AMA SBK, 96 ZX7RR STREET, 96 WSBK ECKL ZX7RR

Shipping inside conus with a small flat rate priority box usps, no add on services is $5.40,not $8.00......I send out about 15 a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
Seems to be some confusion&misinformation concerning the petcock Im sending Cody so let me clear it up.
My last PM to Cody said that I would SHIP IT FOR FREE if he got his Red R. Shipping in a USPS flat rate box is $8. I told him to forget sending ME the $8(trying to be nice),borrow another $7 from somebody($8+$7=$15),take that $15 that he now has&spend that on getting his Red R for 1year(1 yr Red R membership=$15) as I would much rather see him support the forum then give me $8.
Cody told me that he has to wait until the end of the month to come up with the money for the Red R since he gets his check at that time.

I dont need the $8 for shipping although it would be nice since I am unemployed. My only stipulation was that he "give back to the gixxer.com community&support the forum which helped him out" by getting his Red R. He said he would at the end of the month&hopefully he is a man of his word and follows through with getting it.
ccmhunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #160
soco
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 1993 GSX-R750

I do like that you are doin it yourself tho, I have replaced radiator T-s in older BMWs with galvanized plumbing fittings before.
soco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement