2013 750 GSXR or Litre Bike by someone else? : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > General Bike Talk

Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
BullySon750
Squid

2013 750 GSXR or Litre Bike by someone else?

My 2007 750 GSXR was hit at the end of the season, and it looks like I'm just going to be getting cash for it and calling it a night for the bike... I loved that thing, but it's just not worth fixing with the minor issues that it had before it got hit.

My question, is: Did Suzuki did enough to justify a 2013 GSXR750 or should I just leave Suzuki all together for a litre bike by a company like Kawasaki who has been making actual improvements to their line.

My riding consists of city, around town, and some solid NE Highway that has some wonderful twists on it (Gotta love the Taconic around Mahopac NY!)

Looking for some serious input and suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time!!!
BullySon750 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
TOEJAM
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel

Motorcycle: 06 R1 Raven; '08 Triumph Sprint ST; '09 Triumph 675; '10 Yamaha R6; '13 Aprilia RSV4 APRC; '14 Honda Grom
Re: 2013 750 GSXR or Litre Bike by someone else?

With the type of riding you described, just get whatever you think looks the coolest, you get the best deal on and you think is the most comfortable (for a bike of this type).

You will not be able to come within 50% of the capabilities of any bike on the street, not even a 7-8 year old 600cc. The theoretical ultimate capabilities of any bike are irrelevent, because you (read: anybody) will not get anywhere near them on the street.

Go sit on a bunch of different ones, maybe take them for a test ride if they will let you, and then get whichever one you feel the best on.
WERA Expert #2
Chaotic Racing
STT Southern Region/Speed Academy Instructor
Sponsors = SportBike Track Gear - DiSalvo Speed Academy - Livengood Motorsports - Bell Helmets - Knox Armour
TOEJAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

The Suzuki liter bikes are nothing to look down on. In the hands of the average street rider the Kawasaki isn't necessarily better than the Suzuki.
Ironhead401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
wisegunner
Rookie

Motorcycle: CBR1000rr '06(sold), GSXR600 K7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOEJAM View Post
With the type of riding you described, just get whatever you think looks the coolest, you get the best deal on and you think is the most comfortable (for a bike of this type).

You will not be able to come within 50% of the capabilities of any bike on the street, not even a 7-8 year old 600cc. The theoretical ultimate capabilities of any bike are irrelevent, because you (read: anybody) will not get anywhere near them on the street.

Go sit on a bunch of different ones, maybe take them for a test ride if they will let you, and then get whichever one you feel the best on.
yup, that's about it. However, since you want other people to pick your next bike, I think you should get a Harley.
wisegunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
yup
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority

Motorcycle: k5 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
The Suzuki liter bikes are nothing to look down on. In the hands of the average street rider the Kawasaki isn't necessarily better than the Suzuki.
do you mean advanced? the lack of experience/skill to adequately control the bike is precisely what abs & traction control (both offered on the kawi) can stave off to a degree of a safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisegunner View Post
However, since you want other people to pick your next bike, I think you should get a Harley.
^ this.

i never understood the motivation to ask other people what they should and shouldn't get without a basis for comparison. Do your own research (this includes sitting on them ofc) and make your own informed decisions.
yup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
rraiderr
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: Stretched and slammed Busa

For the riding you do get the Ducati Hypermotard or similar.

Ripper bike, upright ride and still fun to ride.

A busa is not a bad around town bike.

No point in getting a track type bike for your style of riding.

Also noting wrong with not riding on the track, lot's of folks ride street only.
rraiderr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator

Motorcycle: K6-600

go with the best "fit," best price, and whatever fluffs your garfield. street riding won't push a supersport/bike anywhere near its limits. if you are looking for financing, 0% offers are out there, and make sure you factor that in as well.
MacBayne is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by yup View Post
do you mean advanced? the lack of experience/skill to adequately control the bike is precisely what abs & traction control (both offered on the kawi) can stave off to a degree of a safety.

^ this.

i never understood the motivation to ask other people what they should and shouldn't get without a basis for comparison. Do your own research (this includes sitting on them ofc) and make your own informed decisions.
I was speaking in terms of performance and not safety features, but you make a good point.
Ironhead401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in