Would a Gen2 tail fit on a Gen1 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > Other Suzuki Forums > Hayabusa

Old 11-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Shadesbusa
Squid

Motorcycle: 2002 Hayabusa
Would a Gen2 tail fit on a Gen1

Gen1-Gen2 tail swap. Some people say the subframe could and or couldn't be used in this process. Who knows?
Shadesbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
bouncertubbs
Squid

Motorcycle: 08 Hayabusa
Re: Would a Gen2 tail fit on a Gen1

There were many guys on suzukihayabusa.org that didn't like the gen 2 tails and converted to a gen 1 tail (I personally think they're nuts and I love my gen 2 tail). They said the subframe was the same and was pretty much an easy swap? So going the other way must be about the same... Do it up
bouncertubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Copper99
Rookie

Motorcycle: 1999 Hayabusa, 2001 GSXR1000, 1981 RD350LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertubbs View Post
There were many guys on suzukihayabusa.org that didn't like the gen 2 tails and converted to a gen 1 tail (I personally think they're nuts and I love my gen 2 tail). They said the subframe was the same and was pretty much an easy swap? So going the other way must be about the same... Do it up
Ive seen it done that way around....most people dislike the Gen 2 tail so its a strange request but as the frame is very similar, the subframe will bolt straight on id imagine.
Copper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
Shadesbusa
Squid

Motorcycle: 2002 Hayabusa

Damn that's weird... well thanks maybe I can find someone to swap. Save me a ton of money. ..
Shadesbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
KatanaGSX92
Squid

Swaping to the Gen2 tail requires the Gen2 subframe. It also requires the relocation of the rectifier which is located in the tail section of the Gen1 and near the belly of the Gen2. Also, you will have less storage space in the Gen2 tail. There are a couple of threads detailing the swap at www.hayabusa.org

I personally prefer the Gen1 tail with some modification. Here's mine:

Last edited by KatanaGSX92; 11-20-2012 at 12:58 PM.
KatanaGSX92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement