What's your philosophy on life? What's most important? : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Old 11-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
PITBULLMAN
I Duplicate EVERY Thread!!

Motorcycle: 2013 GSX-R 1000
What's your philosophy on life? What's most important?

Well, My favorite uncle, my God Father, was having difficulties battling his cancer and as of a few hours ago died at his house with my family at his side.

The struggle of just the simple things such as moving from his lazy boy to his bed was extremely painful to eventually my helping to get him to or from.

Now that he's past and I helped load him from his lazy boy to the carriage to the final stages it is very humbling to say the least.

Now, calling off all plans on this Saturday night I'm just reflecting on life.

It's tough as hell and with the normal everyday hustle and bustle of life but then, out of nowhere, something complicates it.

Watching my great grandparents go, then my grandparents except 1 grandmother, a few uncles, etc it can create a bit of mayhem in the mind.

Life is short, I'm technically next in line, have been thinking have I obtained and achieved all that I desire?

So as I sit alone with a few beers away from people by myself on the beach just thinking about life.

Just out of curiosity whats your outlook on life?

What drives you?

Where in life expectancy are you? 25%? 50% 75%?

How has your mission in life changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
2movethesoul
Rookie

Re: What's your philosophy on life? What's most important?

Life is most fulfilling when you enjoy the simple things.
I spent the last 6 years working my ass off, 6-7 days a week 10-12 hour shifts and for what?
It's important to live a balanced life and enjoy a little bit of everything. (work, family, social life, etc.)

Unfortunately, I learned that lesson the hard way.

My condolences to you and yours and may he RIP.
+

Last edited by 2movethesoul; 11-10-2012 at 11:48 PM.
2movethesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
86GSXR7502012
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: '86 GSXR 750
For me, life is precious. We have so little time to do the things that we truly want to. We work hard and struggle to get the things we want out of life. I have a long ways to go before I accomplish what I want out of life. I really don't like how hard I have to work just to survive; let alone get a head. I thought I was farther along, but when my wife and I separated this year, it threw me back a ways. I am driven to provide a good life for my self and my kids, hope fully my wife again sometime soon.

I am sorry for your loss. Even knowing as it is getting towards the end doesn't make it any easier. I am watching some members of my family get closer to that point.
86GSXR7502012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
mlissa2007
Wants Robert Pattinson to explore his Twilight Starfish

Motorcycle: 06 kws gsxr 1143 stroker track, 11 gsxr 600 street, 09 drz400sm street/dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITBULLMAN View Post
Well, My favorite uncle, my God Father, was having difficulties battling his cancer and as of a few hours ago died at his house with my family at his side.

The struggle of just the simple things such as moving from his lazy boy to his bed was extremely painful to eventually my helping to get him to or from.

Now that he's past and I helped load him from his lazy boy to the carriage to the final stages it is very humbling to say the least.

Now, calling off all plans on this Saturday night I'm just reflecting on life.

It's tough as hell and with the normal everyday hustle and bustle of life but then, out of nowhere, something complicates it.

Watching my great grandparents go, then my grandparents except 1 grandmother, a few uncles, etc it can create a bit of mayhem in the mind.

Life is short, I'm technically next in line, have been thinking have I obtained and achieved all that I desire?

So as I sit alone with a few beers away from people by myself on the beach just thinking about life.

Just out of curiosity whats your outlook on life?

What drives you?

Where in life expectancy are you? 25%? 50% 75%?

How has your mission in life changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Well I lost another family member end of march. My aunt was like my mother and helped raise me. Seeing her go at 57 was an eye opener. But then again every year a family member dies. Bad luck? My sister of 27 died in 05 and grandpa in
06 and all the rest after that.My only blood relatives is my real mother and one disabled aunt that I care for so my motivation is work which is hard as I'm flying abroad but money has tempted me into living my life like this so that I can support my aunt and family financially. And now that the wifey is pregnant I have to work extra hard to feed the extra mouth but I'm never home so it sucks but I consider myself lucky as many would kill for my job. So in a nutshell my family drives me to being a better aviator and to keep my job or else the whole house comes tumbling down. Actually a lot of pressure when so many are counting on me.

I think I'm at 1/4 way through life as I have my health under control. Flying is all I think about and talk about as its my passion. It's all I want to do.However, when someone relies on your hard worked money it takes some convincing especially for me to work my ass off as many count on me but what am I gaining financially? Well nothing , however my family makes it all worth it when I take care of things and they can work without the thought of their paycheck being hammered to handle my aunts estate and care money for my aunt. It's a heavy load but then again there is always someone is a worse situation

Sorry for spelling if any. Using a cell phone

Thought I'd share that before hitting the sack

Cheers
Safe riding

J
KWS1143 Stroker: CP 3mm pistons,4mm falicon stroker crank, Carillo H beam Rods, Web cams,Ported head, Valve job, new valves,cam sproket, cam chain, Bearings,gaskets, Falicon clutch, akra evo2 exhaust, Bmc race filt,Bazzaz z-fi Qs, jsd2, Penske shock, ss lines, Pads, brembo m/c, vortex rearsets, ohlins forks spring,penske fork valves,woodcraft covers, crg mirror,gpr damper,asv/pazzo levers;205hp/103ftlbs pump/ 214hp/107ftlbs on race gas

Last edited by mlissa2007; 11-11-2012 at 12:01 AM.
mlissa2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #5
MotoMummy
Parts Bitch

Motorcycle: Mummy Bike

Family then friends. All there is to it. Sounds like you had an eye opening experience. Same here this year as this summer I watched my Grandpa slowly pass from cancer and a day before we was to be buried my Father then passed which was not expected at all. My Grandma is now the only one left on that side as both her sons pass and her husband.
MotoMummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
THE SRADIATOR
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: THE SRADIATOR

Plus 1000 on "family and friends".
If you have both you are blessed!
My "philosophy" has become one of "Live and Let Live" over the years.
While I may phuck with everyone (it's just in my nature) I never phuck anyone who doesn't try to phuck me 1st.
I lost BOTH my parents within 6 months of each other and it has left me hypersensitive to the world around me.
I cry at the darnedest things. (certain sunday sermons and at the end of Senna when he gets killed and all of Brazil comes out to morn him)
Love is important to me! Love of family, love of friends...Corny perhaps but true!
I'd like to think that when I'm gone, there will be not a dry eye in the funeral home.
(If there is...I'm coming back to haunt them!)
While work and $$$ is essential for the day-day existence, it won't get you into heaven.
Being kind to one another, bringing a smile to a persons face and making even the smallest difference in an others life can be so rewarding.
As my good friend Ferris Bueller once said:
THE SRADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

its hard to say whether or not you lived a fulfilling life. only you can determine that. i feel my life is very fulfilling and if i passed away tomorrow, i will know i had a good time and great experiences with family and friends. my daughters mean the world to me and i want to see them succeed.
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
CaspARRR
Ask me about Thermodynamics

Motorcycle: Honda CBR1000RR Superstock race bike

My motivation in life, has always been to do things different than everyone else.

End the end, people should remember your name for the things you do.

Family doesn't interest me, in the sense that I don't want to have any kids, and therefore, I am open to do many more things than almost any other of my peers.

Seeing the world is something that I truly yearn for. I have spent a lot of my life abroad, and I have realized how many amazing places there are in the world. And I really feel a need to see it and experience it as much as possible. Staying at home doesn't really interest me.

But in the end, motorcycles will always be a huge part of my life, and I intend to keep at it until I reach my goal.

I want to look back on my life and say "I was the best in the world at something, or the best in Europe at something". That for me is a worthy investment of your life and the only thing you will truly be remembered for.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #9
THE SRADIATOR
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: THE SRADIATOR

"Family" is a much about you as someones child and your parents and your siblings as anything else!
THE SRADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
dclink
Back Marker

Motorcycle: 08 GSXR 600

I had a very close friend pass away suddenly a couple of months ago, he was 43 and had an Aortic Aneurysm. This has made me think about everything differently, especially when it comes to family. I'm 47 and have worked my butt off to support my family, my friend worked exactly the same way that I have to support his wife and kids, now they are having a hard time dealing with their loss. I don't want the same thing to happen to my family so I have made major changes in my life, like cutting back the hours I work, I've started working out again to get into better shape and I've been spending alot more time with my wife and kids. Family is more important than anything else.
dclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
tinsnips
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2010 GSXR 600

Condolences to those above posting a loss. We all have gone through this and sadly will again. I turn 50 at the end of the month and none of the males in my family have made it past 75 for 5 generations, cancer is a bitch.

I feel the loss of my two grandfathers dearly & it has been almost 20 years they are gone. Now that is my purpose. I strive to be as good a man as I can that I might pass their influence on me down to my children & eventually grandchildren.
tinsnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600

Give respect to people who have done something to deserve it and never do something that makes you unhappy. What else do you need
93goatfucker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
MacBayne
hand-eye coordinator

Motorcycle: K6-600

fitting

MacBayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBayne View Post
I enjoyed that. I shared it
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
Pee Wee Herman
AKA 1/4milecrazy

Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600

I decided long ago to live every day as its own.

I have lost my grandmother, my Aunt(unexpected), my father and many of friends.

Just the other night one of my best friends sisters was shot dead by a crazy ex-boyfriend. She was 2 years younger than me.

If you spend all of today worrying about tomorrow the days will pass by before you get to enjoy them.
Pee Wee Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #16
Wag
Constantly in trouble now

Motorcycle: '06 Gixxer 1000, Hayabusa

Relationships with people matter more than anything else.

--Wag--
Wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #17
oldfart01
GdC Camp Counselor

Motorcycle: Dromaius Novaehollandiae, ...XR650R .K7-1000

Family & friends, value them. I've also learned to be more patient than I ever thought I could be, while learning to appreciate what I still have. Keep laughing, no matter what life shoves up your ass.
oldfart01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
Family & friends, value them. I've also learned to be more patient than I ever thought I could be, while learning to appreciate what I still have. Keep laughing, no matter what life shoves up your ass.
This. I havent been around very long, and TBH Im just starting to learn things(mostly the hard way ) But if there is one thing that every person I look up to has told me, its that there is no need to rush things. Its good to have goals and ambition, but dont be so busy trying to get there that you forget about the little(read:important) things.

I have a hard time remembering this myself. Sometimes just have to step back and tell myself theres no rush
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #19
squale147
no rest for the wicked

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2

family and i wish i could say friends but most of the people that i called friends turned out to be using self centered people that i just dont have time for... i lost my dad years ago so and i spent so many years of my life being angry about it as i was growing up but i look at things so different now..kind of the glass if half full..live every day like its a gift becouse it is.. and appreciate the simplest things in life my friend and keep the people that love you and you love close to your hart and everything elis will fall into place...my condolences to you and your familly
motocross#147 drag racing#4933
squale147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #20
squale147
no rest for the wicked

Motorcycle: 2011 GSXR-1000((sold)),2008 GSXR-750,((sold)) 2009 GSX-1300R Hayabusa 1992 CBR-600F2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93goatfucker04 View Post
This. I havent been around very long, and TBH Im just starting to learn things(mostly the hard way ) But if there is one thing that every person I look up to has told me, its that there is no need to rush things. Its good to have goals and ambition, but dont be so busy trying to get there that you forget about the little(read:important) things.

I have a hard time remembering this myself. Sometimes just have to step back and tell myself theres no rush
thats true...and theres nothing wrong with learning the hard way as along you learn from it...
squale147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement