Used bike evaluation guide - Page 2 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > The Starting Line< =======

Old 06-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #21
Aluli
Back Marker

Re: Used bike evaluation guide

Thanks for the guide..loved the pictures of what to look for!!
Aluli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2005, 07:49 AM   #22
Alpha-Male
Novice

Motorcycle: Joe

Thanks for the buyers guide. I asked guy I'm about to buy my new bike from some of the questions and his story seemed to check out. A great evaluation!!

~Joe
Alpha-Male is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 07:27 AM   #23
CarpeDiem
Squid

great link and will prove to be very useful
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #24
98GSXR750@PC
Back Marker

So, what's considered 'high mileage' for a sportbike?

Last edited by 98GSXR750@PC; 05-18-2006 at 05:03 AM.
98GSXR750@PC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #25
pitbullracing
Squid

i should have read this first i bought a bike with bad gas and poss cloged injecters
pitbullracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 04:14 AM   #26
Kukuracius
Squid

Hi I am from Lithuania and I want buy Suzuki GSX-R600 2005 .What can you tell me about this bike.
Kukuracius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #27
SouthShore.R
Squid

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 1000

Printed out 3 copies

Thanks!!!

Valued Information...
SouthShore.R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #28
Gantt
Novice

Motorcycle: 2007 gsxr 600

Mileage is hard to tell. An odometer only tells you how many miles it has traveled. Not what kind of miles it has traveled. For a bike about 3-5 years old, my opinion is anything above 25,000. Now you can take a bike that has been abused with 3,000 on it and it might be a worse bike. It just depends on the bike. A friend of mine has 49,000 on a sportser. But it is still a good bike.
Gantt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #29
bwiygul
Rookie

Motorcycle: K4 750

one other little thing....check the under-tail..i noticed mine was rashed but not bad...the kid said it was from taking off the fender. when i did my rear blinkers i had the tail off and the subframe was trashed from 12 o'clockin and going too far....things like that are indicators.
bwiygul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #30
AlisGraveNil
Novice

Motorcycle: 2001 Suzuki GSXR-600

very helpful guide. i studied this kinda stuff for awhile before i went out and bought my first bike, which is a used bike. my bike is great and everything is good with it, but for any new person to bikes, I would highly recommend bringing along a friend who has experience around bikes and experience riding. In retrospect, I feel stupid for not having done so before I had the knowledge I do now.
AlisGraveNil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #31
gsxrkis08
Rookie

Motorcycle: 2007 gsxr 750
Talking Re: Used bike evaluation guide

laz thnx for the guide man, very helpful printed one out for my buddy...
gsxrkis08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #32
bboy Sushi
Squid

Motorcycle: 2007 GSX-R600

For those interested, I've put the information from that initial link into a readable/usable checklist you can print out and bring with you when you go to see a used bike. I've uploaded it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/45142480...ection_Doc.pdf

Please let me know if there's any major changes. I tried to contact the author to let him know I re-organized his stuff into a document but I never heard back.

Unfortunately I never got to go through the checklist because my girlfriend surprised me with a bike for my birthday. Well, I guess that's not that unfortunate after all

Hope this helps somebody out there!
bboy Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #33
JFrame
Rookie

Motorcycle: K7 S!x

Man, I wish I had seen this before I bought my bike. I seen the bike on Craigslist and all my friends had bikes and were bugging me daily (I work with these fools too) to get one. I should have at the very least brought one of them when I went to go look at the bike. I seen it, road it and bought it all in 24hrs. I just wanted one so bad. After taking it to the house and having them go through it I found out that I overpaid and the bike needed some work!

The seller lied to me about several things which my friends pointed out to me. I was screwed too because the phone the guy used was one of those pre-loaded phones from Wal-Mart and we never met at his house/garage.

It was a lesson learned and I'll never make the same mistake twice. But this guide is worth hundreds...literally.
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #34
meat_whistle
Novice

Motorcycle: '04 gsx-r 600

Thanks for the guide. I used it when I bought my bike, when I didn't really have the cash to pay/trade for the asking price
The only thing I didn't necessarily agree with is the part about race bikes. I've been racing dirtbikes for years, I buy used bikes because I've never been in the financial situation to buy a new bike, and I have never bought a used bike that hasn't been owned by a racer. Race bikes need to be top notch to be competitive, and in my personal experience are in much better shape than bikes owned by a casual rider. I specifically look for bikes that are owned by expert or pro level riders. I've found that the same holds true for sport bikes when I was looking to pick one up. The race bikes that I checked out were in far better mechanical condition than the other bikes I checked out in my price range. (I was in the $2500-3000 price range). just my 2 cents though. Great read and very helpful
meat_whistle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in