china cnc adjustable levers? - Page 8 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R600 / GSX-R750 General forum > 06-07 GSX-R600/750

Old 09-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #141
XSuROsISX
Back Marker

Motorcycle: XSuROsISX
Re: china cnc adjustable levers?

China metal sucks period
XSuROsISX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #142
Pro-Lux-Racing
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: A Gixxah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSuROsISX View Post
China metal sucks period
Chinese food too
Pro-Lux-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #143
jnicola
Novice

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 750 | 99 Yami WR400f | Assorted other projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Lux-Racing View Post
Some get lucky
They are on my current GSXR, my previous F2, my girlfriends F2, and before that a fightered EX-500, a hurricane... the list goes on.

I've been pretty much 100% lucky. The few hiccups were easy enough for even a novice garage mechanic to work around.
jnicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #144
ahthud
Squid

Dont be so sure half your bike isn,t made in china anyway. All manufacturers outsource a load of part supplies and they will be looking for the cheapest they can get.
ahthud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #145
Pro-Lux-Racing
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: A Gixxah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnicola View Post
They are on my current GSXR, my previous F2, my girlfriends F2, and before that a fightered EX-500, a hurricane... the list goes on.

I've been pretty much 100% lucky. The few hiccups were easy enough for even a novice garage mechanic to work around.
yup, just like the big difference between staying in at a Holiday Inn with Cock roaches, VS a nice Marriott. You go man!
Pro-Lux-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #146
XSuROsISX
Back Marker

Motorcycle: XSuROsISX

Quote:
Chinese food too
Cream of Sumyunguy?
XSuROsISX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #147
fidelcastrol
Rookie

Motorcycle: K7 GSXR 750

Are these the same levers that are being advertised in the upper banner for $62/set.
fidelcastrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #148
jnicola
Novice

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR 750 | 99 Yami WR400f | Assorted other projects

Yeah, only they are $45 a set on Ebay.

They're fine. People can complain about the metal not being as amazing as american metal, but they break just the same when you crash them, and since they break easier they tend not to take anything else valuable with them.

You'll break the clip-on long before you break these levers during the normal course of operation.
jnicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #149
SKARRED
Back Marker

Motorcycle: A humble K3 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by d207gp View Post
Some of us did and have no regrets.

Go ahead and do a redneck hackjob on your shit...it's just a Yamaha anyways...

This post alone should be a sticky!!!!

Last edited by SKARRED; 05-03-2012 at 11:37 AM.
SKARRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #150
750gixxerk3
Squid

I have aftermarket levers. I got some that did not have holes in. My bike is a K3 so no plungers just a barrel to push in, no problems...

Just look at the levers, test them and trust your own judgement
750gixxerk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #151
TOEJAM
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel

Motorcycle: 06 R1 Raven; '07 Ducati 1098S; '08 Triumph Sprint ST; '09 Triumph 675; '10 Yamaha R6; '13 Aprilia RSV4 APRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven32 View Post
After seeing what has been posted, I don't understand why people still insist on buying these things.

Motorcycling is an expensive hobby. The lengths (and risks) people will go to only to try to save $20 or some shit never ceases to amaze me.

If you want to "cut corners", then buy a cheap, knock-off fender eliminator kit, or windscreen, or decal kit or some shit like that. Don't be stupid when it comes to things like brakes, chain/sprockets, controls etc.

Before you buy anything cheap/knock-off, answer this question...

"If this part fails, can it cause me to crash?"

If the answer is "yes", then make sure you buy quality parts from a reputable source.
WERA Expert #2
Chaotic Racing
STT Southern Region/Speed Academy Instructor
Sponsors = SportBike Track Gear - DiSalvo Speed Academy - Sportbike Tire Service - Bell Helmets - Knox Armour
TOEJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #152
oldgixxer
Loves to nibble on Shannons huge boobs

Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOEJAM View Post

Motorcycling is an expensive hobby. The lengths (and risks) people will go to only to try to save $20 or some shit never ceases to amaze me.

If you want to "cut corners", then buy a cheap, knock-off fender eliminator kit, or windscreen, or decal kit or some shit like that. Don't be stupid when it comes to things like brakes, chain/sprockets, controls etc.

Before you buy anything cheap/knock-off, answer this question...

"If this part fails, can it cause me to crash?"

If the answer is "yes", then make sure you buy quality parts from a reputable source.
Whats even worse is that there are so many threads here about the brake failure that occurs with some of these levers yet people disregard that and buy them anyways. Motorcycling is a luxury hobby&is not cheap. Yet people insist on being cheap,buying chinese shit(fairings/levers/etc) and have NO issues at all coming here and making a post crying to us when they crash their shit&end up in the hospital cause they were too fucking cheap to spend a few extra dollars on proper levers...and then theres always the ones who post "all my buddys have them on their bikes&Ive had them on all bikes and they work perfectly" blah blah. Idiots
Old 03-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #153
RidinIsMyName
You'll love a Gsxr

Motorcycle: 08 Gix 600

I hate bring out an old thread, but I was reading up on this and trying to decide why people just didn't replace the Suzuki bearing in place of the new one in the chinese levers? What is the difference now? Just because the label says made in the USA doesnt mean the material came from the USA. I know people feel strongly about this but if the OEM bearing in the brake lever is placed in the chinese lever then what's so wrong with it? It has all the clearence it needs and is promised to be in spec.

K&N / SpeedoDRD
Bazzaz Z-Fi / Driven Sprockets -1/+1
Full M4 Street Slayer / EK MVXZ 520 conversion
RidinIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #154
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinIsMyName View Post
I hate bring out an old thread, but I was reading up on this and trying to decide why people just didn't replace the Suzuki bearing in place of the new one in the chinese levers? What is the difference now? Just because the label says made in the USA doesnt mean the material came from the USA. I know people feel strongly about this but if the OEM bearing in the brake lever is placed in the chinese lever then what's so wrong with it? It has all the clearence it needs and is promised to be in spec.
In some cases, that may be true, but the United States follows a strict quality control procedure when it comes to safety items. Try getting China to do a batch of levers and have QC look it over. More often than not, it seems as though the chinese levers do not come within spec anyway. Before Retard69 got banned from here and GSXR.com, he ordered chinese levers, and used a fucking hammer to put them on his bike
Spook155 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #155
yup
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority

Motorcycle: k5 600

Quote:
yup, just like the big difference between staying in at a Holiday Inn with Cock roaches, VS a nice Marriott. You go man!
lol you think a marriott is nice?
yup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #156
RidinIsMyName
You'll love a Gsxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook155 View Post
In some cases, that may be true, but the United States follows a strict quality control procedure when it comes to safety items. Try getting China to do a batch of levers and have QC look it over. More often than not, it seems as though the chinese levers do not come within spec anyway. Before Retard69 got banned from here and GSXR.com, he ordered chinese levers, and used a fucking hammer to put them on his bike
he used a hammer? at that point send em back I am really just trying to decide on if it would even be worth to put the OEM bearing in the lever but I feel people are so biased on levers that I would never get an honest answer? because in all honesty if you install something on the bike and do it wrong as such happened with this thread it can be deadly or lead to injury. I'm not knocking ASV or CRG or the like. I would just like an honest opinion on what the difference would be? the material? I.E. metal

K&N / SpeedoDRD
Bazzaz Z-Fi / Driven Sprockets -1/+1
Full M4 Street Slayer / EK MVXZ 520 conversion
Old 03-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #157
Spook155
Dick/Vagina Embracer

Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

Quote:
he used a hammer? at that point send em back I am really just trying to decide on if it would even be worth to put the OEM bearing in the lever but I feel people are so biased on levers that I would never get an honest answer? because in all honesty if you install something on the bike and do it wrong as such happened with this thread it can be deadly or lead to injury. I'm not knocking ASV or CRG or the like. I would just like an honest opinion on what the difference would be? the material? I.E. metal
The differences between Pazzo, CRG, ASV, FP Racing are negligible beyond the price points. When you throw chinese into there, you're looking at a hit or miss batch of levers, as seen by the swarm of people who "have never had a problem, so they're 100% safe."

The material tends to be different, china is cheap for a reason. They like to use what is called "pot metal", look it up, and then look up billet machining. Make your choice from there.

For reference, my first bike had chinese levers when I bought it. They were stiffer, mostly due to a very small (we're talking .001's of an inch) difference from where it needed to be. I replaced those with FP Racing, and have never looked back since. My track back is rocking OEM's, my CBR600F4i is the bike my brother uses. It came with chinese levers, and they have been perfect. All the dimensions checked out spot on, so he's using them without a problem.

For most of us, we just like knowing that we're taking the right precautions, and not putting ourselves in harms way to save a few bucks.

Just for the lulz, found the quote
Quote:
Well I got the levers the clutch was easy but the brake side doesn't wanna fit unless I beat it with a hammer. And when I do get the pin in. It sticks really really bad. Any thoughts. Very upset. It's grinding the lever down when I put it in the bracket. Wtf. Should go on smooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart01 View Post
I would strongly suggest wearing a pair of pants that has no bottoms in the pockets. This way, you can scratch your nuts in church while still appearing to be a classy guy.
Spook155 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #158
RidinIsMyName
You'll love a Gsxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook155 View Post
The differences between Pazzo, CRG, ASV, FP Racing are negligible beyond the price points. When you throw chinese into there, you're looking at a hit or miss batch of levers, as seen by the swarm of people who "have never had a problem, so they're 100% safe."

The material tends to be different, china is cheap for a reason. They like to use what is called "pot metal", look it up, and then look up billet machining. Make your choice from there.

For reference, my first bike had chinese levers when I bought it. They were stiffer, mostly due to a very small (we're talking .001's of an inch) difference from where it needed to be. I replaced those with FP Racing, and have never looked back since. My track back is rocking OEM's, my CBR600F4i is the bike my brother uses. It came with chinese levers, and they have been perfect. All the dimensions checked out spot on, so he's using them without a problem.

For most of us, we just like knowing that we're taking the right precautions, and not putting ourselves in harms way to save a few bucks.

Just for the lulz, found the quote
this is what I needed to know.

I was cracking up reading your quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #159
-JK750-
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 01 GSX-R 750
Re: Re: china cnc adjustable levers?

Quote:
this is what I needed to know.

I was cracking up reading your quote
He got a wrong lever, probably ordered a wrong one. That wouldn't be a surprise according to his other threads.
-JK750- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #160
GSXR Maori
Bumbadoo

Motorcycle: GSXR1000K6 GSXR1000K1 GSXR750K1 GSXR75097x2 GSXR60099 TLR99 Yami TT600x2 TT500 WR500 XR500x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSuROsISX View Post
China metal sucks period
Great probability the raw material is from Australia.
GSXR Maori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement