Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P - Page 137 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #2721
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600
Re: Boredz V49 - Canucks optional :P

Says the guy in kansas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #2722
93goatfucker04
Sphincter Pincher

Motorcycle: 04 GSX-R 600

Ill tll one thing. Yu aint been bit till ya been bit by the dog factfact
Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #2723
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 1000

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I am going to bed.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #2724
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #2725
Pee Wee Herman
AKA 1/4milecrazy

Motorcycle: Street:2009CBR600RR Track:2007GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR6Mac View Post
Understatement is understated
Old 11-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #2726
Goobersbro
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 07 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsnips View Post
HMOF am I PISSED!! Doesn't happen too often but today is the day.
Minding my own business riding home after work & waiting at a stop light a driver squeezes by me in my lane while I am standing still. I let it go, not worth the hassle...no harm no foul right? We turn & head out on to the highway. I take my lane, head on a swivel, I know where he is & I settle in the left lane to cruise home for a beer. 3 or 4 minutes later here is dip shits front fender beside my knee! I zip ahead & signal my displeasure with some brief charades and move to the right lane so ass wipe can pass me and get out of my life. NO! Fucktard runs at me! I ended up on the shoulder at highway speed riding through shitty gravel & garbage cause asshat didn't like getting the finger.
He speeds off now cause he knows he has stepped over the line. I follow. ***I PROBABLY SHOULD NOT HAVE FOLLOWED...I KNOW.

The gentlemen tries to "fool" me a couple times but I did calmly follow him to the mall parking lot he went to. I got off my bike and waited for him to get out of his little shit box. I explained clear ly to the gentlemen that it is illegal for him to try to squeeze past me in MY LANE. I told him I didn't follow him to threaten him & I wasn't going to call the cops like a little bitch, I only wanted to tell him face to face that what he did was stupid and he was a cowardly piece of shit. You NEVER pass a motorcycle in it's lane. I REALLY wanted to fuck something up but not stooping to his level. FUUUUCCCCKKKKK.

[/RANT]

Thank you for listening.
Lol you should ride in California since lane sharing is legal its pretty common for me anyways to have someone pull up next to me at a light or pass me in my lane if I am not paying attention and going to slow
Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #2727
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: 05 GSXR 750
Well..broke the ramrod of my muzzleloader trying to reloaad in a hurry...but hunting with a 105 yr old muzzleloader with the original wooden ramrod..I was expecting it to hapen eventually.

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #2728
Dirty Fish Taco
I like to put tampons in my ears!

Motorcycle: L1 GSXR 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by njyork42 View Post
Well..broke the ramrod of my muzzleloader trying to reloaad in a hurry...but hunting with a 105 yr old muzzleloader with the original wooden ramrod..I was expecting it to hapen eventually.

You're suppose to make the first shot count.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #2729
njyork42
!##NULL##!

I woulda most likely hit it with a rifle...but this mzzleloader isn't the most accurate past 30 yards...especially at a deer running wide open being chased by dogs

Old 11-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #2730
Otis Deepthroatis
Birdman

Motorcycle: TayTay all day!!

Does anyone know anything about Progressive Springs?

I tried to email Livengood Motorsports twice for a quote to get my forks rebuilt and springs for me weight, but they never replied. I found a local guy that's pretty reputable and said he'd rebuild them for $350 plus $80 (give or take) for Progressive Springs. He mentioned something about RaceTech (don't remember the exact words), but are they decent springs and is that a decent price?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #2731
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

I have always heard that progressive springs are much harder to set up. You not only have the viscosity and pressure of the oil in the forks, but now you have a spring that gets progressively stiffer under load. If this guy isnt an expert I wouldnt do it.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #2732
njyork42
!##NULL##!

I'd be worried a local guy wouldn't do a full cleaning...but ya never know.. that is a normal price for springs and labor...However, I know you can get some sonic straight rate springs for that same price and they are very reputable... I would much rather have straight rate springs for better adjustability.. Read and order here..

http://www.sonicsprings.com/catalog/...ch_article.php
Old 11-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #2733
Otis Deepthroatis
Birdman

He said he was going to probably run a 10 weight oil instead of 5 or 7 (or whatever it comes with). My options are very limited around here but I've talked to several guys I work with that take their bikes there (all cruisers, though) and some people that know him and they say he knows what he's doing. He has a gang of sport bikes there as well, it's actually more geared towards sport bikes from what I gather.

I mean anything he does is going to be A LOT better than what's in there now. It's an 05 and the forks haven't been touched since they came from the factory.

Patience is a birth defect. - BTNH -
02 750-->02 1K-->05 1K E-UNIT!
Mad Rep
Last time sexed up by soysauce021: Today at 9:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #2734
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 Soysauce! View Post
He said he was going to probably run a 10 weight oil instead of 5 or 7 (or whatever it comes with). My options are very limited around here but I've talked to several guys I work with that take their bikes there (all cruisers, though) and some people that know him and they say he knows what he's doing. He has a gang of sport bikes there as well, it's actually more geared towards sport bikes from what I gather.

I mean anything he does is going to be A LOT better than what's in there now. It's an 05 and the forks haven't been touched since they came from the factory.
I would just ask him to do straight rate springs if he can. Running a higher weight oil plus progressive springs, I would think the bike would be hard to predict. He may know how to do the labor aspect of the spring install, but that is the easy part.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #2735
njyork42
!##NULL##!

He is going to run a 10 weight oil without reshimming it? And he wants to put progressive rate springs in it?... Seriously...I would just send them off somewhere and spend a bit more money.. That guy may be a good mechanic...but he doesn't know what he is doing with a sportbike's suspension. Especially since the forks haven't been touched... they need a serious cleaning and I doubt he has the stuff or means to do it.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #2736
Otis Deepthroatis
Birdman

I'm not sure what exactly he's doing but be builds/built race bikes. I'm sure if they needed to be shimmed he would. I'm not taking them anywhere else and I am confident he knows what he's doing. I mean I'm not taking the bike to a track and I don't ride on the street like I'm on the track. Whatever he does will be 1,000 better than what is in there now. I don't know what the stock springs are rated for as far as rider weight, but I'm gonna take a guess and say I'm not close to them.

Mad Rep
Old 11-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #2737
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

Glad we could help.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #2738
Otis Deepthroatis
Birdman

I was just asking about Progressive springs; not which springs I should use. You did help, but I knew very little about suspensions and if this cat tells me that he thinks that the best set up, then so be it. I'm not going to call him and tell him "stop what you are doing because a couple guys on the interwebs say they don't know what you are doing and you need to put straight rate springs in them" - I was just asking as far as are Progressiveness Springs any good. I'm sure I could start a thread and get 10 different answers as far as what I should use, but I'm confident he knows what he's doing, I was just curious if Progressive springs were any good.

Mad Rep
Old 11-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #2739
njyork42
!##NULL##!

Well..from simply what you told us... The bike is likely going to handle worse than it did stock from the factory... I am fairly confident he doesn't know what he is doing after what you told us.. Just my 0.02.. It is your bike.. You would feel a world of difference if you got it done properly for not much more money. Just trying to help.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #2740
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 Soysauce! View Post
I was just asking about Progressive springs; not which springs I should use. You did help, but I knew very little about suspensions and if this cat tells me that he thinks that the best set up, then so be it. I'm not going to call him and tell him "stop what you are doing because a couple guys on the interwebs say they don't know what you are doing and you need to put straight rate springs in them" - I was just asking as far as are Progressiveness Springs any good. I'm sure I could start a thread and get 10 different answers as far as what I should use, but I'm confident he knows what he's doing, I was just curious if Progressive springs were any good.
True. Also, I shouldn't pretend to be an expert. I am not the guy that has the shop. If he has a following of sportbike riders he knows better than me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread