Looking for some advice. : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Old 11-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
vtay
Back Marker

Motorcycle: k7 gsxr 600
Unhappy Looking for some advice.

So this Halloween was a difficult one for me, got the call that my dad had past away. The one thing I can always look back on in our relationship, is riding. Hes been a member of a local motorcycle club since before I can remember. In reality hes the reason I got my own bike.

He has a '96 springer softail, completely custom and redone. Apparently he was in some financial trouble and borrowed some money from a fellow rider and told him to hold on to his bike for collateral, knowing he'd get it back after the winter(he lived in IL).

Now I will do whatever is in my power to get the money for the bike. The man who has it has already made it clear he will not sell it to anyone and just hold on to it until I have the means to get it.

I had planned on selling my bike in the June '13 time frame due to an upcoming deployment. My question is, should I just put it up for sale now and go back to IL and get my dads bike before it gets to cold to ride back? Or do I hold off and go in the spring time? My bike is an '07 so I'm worried of the value decreasing a lot in the next few months.

What do you guys think I should do?
vtay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

Re: Looking for some advice.

Sorry about your father. I know what you're going through. Is there any proof of the loan? And how much is it for?
Ironhead401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
Wag
Constantly in trouble now

Motorcycle: '06 Gixxer 1000, Hayabusa

Go get it now. Words are cheap and besides, you never know what could happen to the guy who has your dad's bike. What if HE gets hit by a Mack truck and then you can't prove who owns the bike?

On the other hand, if the title is still in your father's name, you may have a legal precedent to win that fight but still, not worth it.

I'd do what I had to do to get it back now.

--Wag--
Wag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Mr. Fluffer
Boredz Crackhead

Motorcycle: K9 600

Like Wag said, get it now if it means that much.
Mr. Fluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
vtay
Back Marker

Yeah the title is still in his name, but its signed.

I put my bike up tonight on CL so we'll see what happens. I'm gonna need that money to get the Harley anyways.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
vtay
Back Marker

Well put my bike up on my local CL and went to a dealer just to see what id get for it.

fingers crossed it sells soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement