I'm not sure where this goes... : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Non-Motorcycle Forums > Computers & Video Games

Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
jZampage
Jesus-On-Skates

Motorcycle: 2014 Aprilia RSV4 Factory
I'm not sure where this goes...

I'll be moving to missouri soon which means I can legally ride again.

My question, and I'm not sure if it belongs here, but I used to be a graphic designer so I'm familiar enough with photoshop.

Does anyone know where there is a possible blank or raw file that I can use to put graphics on in photoshop so I can customize a paint job? My old fairings from my wreck are off my bike and it's just sitting on a lift in the garage with pitbulls so.... I need to order my fairings and get her going again.

Do you guys who do shops just take a raw photo from google and work from there, or is there an actual stock that is utilized.

Thanks, and if this is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move or delete mods.

Appreciate it.

-jZ
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
le skid
!##NULL##!

Re: I'm not sure where this goes...

For every make, model and YEAR of bike I have ever designed anything for (vinyls / decals), I've had to create my own blank templates in illustrator.

I start with a stock side view photo and use the measuring tool in illustrator (yellow line) to accurately scale using the stock wheelbase specs. It's going to be within 1-2% this way. Plenty accurate for the goal.

Then I manually trace outlines for all body panels, frame etc...

then start with the layers... here's a base red background (I threw the gsxr badge in there just to show... you can turn things on/off at will)

And then start throwing-in design elements in their own respective layers - it's nice cuz you can turn individual layers on / off and try different combos of whatever you like in the same file. (see red circles on the layers)

Unfortunately, I don't have the K9 1000 or I'd email them to you. It only takes a couple of hours to make proper templates for a bike. I don't even do vinyls anymore but if you paypalled me my 'fee' (funds for a 24 of Sleemans Silver Creek Lager), I could make the templates for your K9 1000 and export them to you in individual layers, as desired.
le skid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
jZampage
Jesus-On-Skates

Motorcycle: 2014 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Fantastic I just wanted a starting ground. These are fundamentals to PS so it's not difficult in the least. I really appreciate your help.

If you do, or anyone does come across K9 1000 stocks, let me know that'd be fantastic. I'll manually upload the files when I get around to it, very busy atm but figured this would be a fun weekend project.

I really appreciate your informative post, thanks again.
jZampage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
le skid
!##NULL##!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jZampage View Post
I really appreciate your informative post, thanks again.
It's my pleasure... that's what forums are (supposed to be) for
le skid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
Ironhead401
Team CGR Captain

When getting a license in a different state they ask if your license and/or registration is suspended in any other state. How do you plan on getting around that?
Ironhead401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Zlow28
16.8@186.1

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600

Im not sure exactly what youre asking for, but heres a nice pic of a k9 1000.

As leskid said, use illustrator instead of photoshop to trace over the fairings. You can change the layer to a background one, or drop the opacity of the bike's layer. Then with a new one, trace over it using the pen tool.

I tried searching for a 2009 1000 gsxr vector image to no luck, but if you can find one, youre pretty much set.
Zlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
JetBlast
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead401 View Post
When getting a license in a different state they ask if your license and/or registration is suspended in any other state. How do you plan on getting around that?
normally, he just walks up nude and they give him what he wants. his suspension is almost up anyway. i believe its either this month or next month.
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in