Crisp Throttle Response.. : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > GSX-R600 / GSX-R750 General forum > 01-03 600 and 00-03 750

Old 11-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
huesos
Novice

Crisp Throttle Response..

so continuing on with my weekend tuneup for my bike.. last time i told u about my adventure with a KN Filter.. now lets talk about throttle sync.. gonna be like a rant, will try to clean up a little.

well a little back story, my bike ran like shit.. the tank had gobs of dirt, rust, nastiness inside that required my to clean out the entire fuel system. with before the clean i could get up to 60 mph if i pushed it. afterwards i could up to 70, made a difference. rode around that way for a few months and decided that it need a tuneup so i went and bought some OE plugs, LED turn signals, KN oil filter, Motion Pro Carb Sync tool, chain de-greaser, and chain lube. after months of searching for the OE tool and couldn't find one just bought the Motion Pro. @ $115 it was a bit pricey, but i need to do this at least once a year and its been 11 yrs. since its last adjust.
pic:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthr...=335226&page=2)

gonna focus on the sync now. well i open the package, set up the sync tool everything was cake. easy and straight forward setup the instructions were very easy to understand. then i go to the bike manual and read about the sync process seemed straight forward, (unless u got a toddler next to you trying to help haha). followed the instruction a i go and screw up by not removing the IAT sensor from the air box, and so the bike runs for about a minuet then dies, and I'm WTF!!! what did i screw up, so i look at the manual and notice the IAT sensor is still on the air box, felt i dropped a few hundred pounds off my back.

so i remove the hone on #3 and plug it with one of the plugs from the Motion Pro, seemed a little loss, not as snug the the rest but ok, its all i got. so now i calibrate the Motion Pro, and i set up about 1/4 up from the bottom, where it has some raised marks that made easy to read from a distance. so i hook up the hoses to each throttle body start up the bike and try to keep the rpm @ 1300.

so initial conditions on the throttles were bad, #1 was a tad higher than were i had set the calibration. #2 was lower than #1 and lower than were i had set the calibration. #3 was in alaska somewhere. #4 was in between #1 and #3. i wish i had a camera and not given it to my daughter to entertain her so i could work.
so i adjust 1 & 2 to try and get them closer and 3 is going to the north pole, so i move to 3 & 4 get them down, gotta adjust the RPM its getting to low to back to 3 & 4 got them alittle stable back to 1 & 2 got them set, them move to 2 & 3, then 3 & 4, and so on, and so on, and so on. this went of for a better part of an hour. moving back and forth beween the throttle bodies and the throttle stop screw to try and keep the RPM at 1300.

in the end i could only get 1,2,4 to sync up almost perfectly, and 3 was still a tap off, higher than the rest. there is also a miss in the engine that i am gonna have to find, i can hear it when i start up the bike in the morning and the fast idle.

now after the sync, i was averaging about 23 mpg, and had to rev the bike up to 4500 rpm just to get moving from a stop. and it felt like something was holding it back and not letting it breath and move the way it should. and now after the sync the throttle is crisp revs up much faster, drives like it never has, even when new. as per the MPG, gonna have to update you on that since i want to go thru a couple tanks to get a better reading.

so in short, maintian your bike, or you will end up like me.. a sorry nub.

Last edited by huesos; 11-08-2012 at 06:08 PM.
huesos is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
dylanjacobus
Club Racer

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR 1000
Re: Crisp Throttle Response..

Quote:
Originally Posted by huesos View Post
now after the sync, i was averaging about 23 mpg, and had to rev the bike up to 4500 rpm just to get moving from a stop. and it felt like something was holding it back and not letting it breath and move the way it should. and now after the sync the throttle is crisp revs up much faster, drives like it never has, even when new. as per the MPG, gonna have to update you on that since i want to go thru a couple tanks to get a better reading.

Huh?
dylanjacobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
Puppalucci
Rookie

Motorcycle: 09 KTM 450XCW GSXR 02-1000 pimp bike 05-750 track whore

Better get that thing tuned, I hear the new Ninja 300 tops out @ 85MPH
Puppalucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
yaksha79
Rookie

Motorcycle: 09 GSXR 750 Black/Blue, cat delete, set valve and pair valve delete, moto gp shift, flashed ECU, R6 throttle tube, K&N, Ported 06/07 header, Underbike Yoshi r77, 520 conversion -2in front, HID, Billet levers, braided lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppalucci View Post
Better get that thing tuned, I hear the new Ninja 300 tops out @ 85MPH
Even worse my buddies new 300 hit 105 on our last ride with some to go... lol
yaksha79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
huesos
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanjacobus View Post
Huh?
yeah.. haha.. was just writing as it came to my mind, as i had to hurry or i'd lose the pc to my daugter.

um basicly, it just runs better than it did before and idles, reponds better than i remmeber, comparted to even when it was new. the E33 crap still gives me problems but i can get around them. now i just want to focus on the tank and why its not breathing properly. whistles when it gets to hot outside, or the tank gets really low. been doing this since new and not even the dealer could find the answer.

getting kinda cold to ride so im gonna finish off the tank, then remove and inspect the lines. me thinks the tube inside the tank is plugged.
huesos is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement