TWO-STROKE HEAVEN - Illustrated... - Page 12 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Old 11-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #221
nitrous36
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"

Motorcycle: K4 GSXR 600
Re: TWO-STROKE HEAVEN - Illustrated...

Got it
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #222
Oddsen
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispone View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lniZg9NoTnw

Hi guys! I finally made a "new/revised" clip of the GAMMA and got a NEW account set up to post it in! (This time, I HOPE my kids don't find the footage!!! DOH!)

Enjoy!

-crisp

Nice nice nice :-))
3rd gear and still the wheel in the air..
Amacing tourque for a 500 two stroker.
Seems to me that you hit the right string on the pipes / cylinders / squish
Take care of the bike and the man at throttle.- good that you mod the brakes
Oddsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #223
crispone
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE

Re: TWO-STROKE HEAVEN - Illustrated W/VIDS!!!

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1409365324.955751.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1409365366.339767.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1409365510.370510.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1409365540.269696.jpg

Very very sad point in my motorcycling life as I seriously contemplate letting the Gamma go...

-crisp
crispone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:20 PM   #224
Carnage
Full of teh Swag

Motorcycle: ALL SOLD:Racebike included

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Good to see you around man. Do you still have those videos? My dad brings up the Gamma a lot when we argue bikes and I always think of the vids you posted but I can't seem to find them around anymore to send his way. He's a big 2-smoke nut like we are.

Back on topic...please keep the Gamma if you can!
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #225
Carnage
Full of teh Swag

Motorcycle: ALL SOLD:Racebike included

^ Never mind...I got one of your older vids to work and sent it off to the old man. He's gonna flip when he sees it.

On a side note, this was and is still one of the best threads I've seen on here.

...and keep the Gamma
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:19 AM   #226
sexyrun
Novice

Motorcycle: 2013 GSX-R750 Yoshimura LE

Keep it! I would really REALLY love to own a 2 smoker, but grey market prices are ridiculous. I wouldn't mind the amount of work and maintenance involve, they seem to be super fun from what everyone that has owned one told me. 94' NSR 250 has been something I'd want:

Last edited by sexyrun; 08-30-2014 at 12:26 AM.
sexyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:11 AM   #227
RaptorR
Squid

Motorcycle: My other ride is probably in bits

Just thought I'd share - got an H2 in process at the moment. My dad's got a really straight one good for about 75bhp. We're modifying this one so it should be 110/120bhp (emphasis on should, I'm not confident) and yes it's going to have the double front disc - the one on the stock one is bloody awful, better off adding bicycle brakes to it!
Will add pics at some stage when I can.
RaptorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #228
LawBrkrRcn
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 86 GSXR750RG Ltd, 92 ZX-7R K2, 91 RG500 Spondon, 86 RG500, 85 RG400, 85 RZV500 & 04CR500AF

Hey Guys,
Just came across this thread and thought I would throw out a picture I took a couple years ago of my collection on the front yard. 85 RZV, 85 RZ500, 86 RG500, 90 Spondon RG500 & 86 Limited. Not shown is my 85 RG400, 72 Hodaka Super Rat, 73 125 Bultaco Pursang, 73 250 Bultaco Pursang & 94 CR500AF. Love the two strokes:-) L8R Mark
LawBrkrRcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #229
crispone
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1409794086.687047.jpg

Thanks for the comments and joining in! Nice smokers guys! (Of course, that LE is salacious all by itself!)

Working the courage up to let go of my prized Gamma... very difficult to do!

-crisp
Old 09-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #230
crispone
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410215808.948219.jpg

Rolled the Gamma out with a couple of the other boys and shuffled it closest to the door... preparing for the inevitable pick-up by the next steward to see her smoke up a seductive swirl...

The grieving has begun already...

Gonna miss the Gamma... forever.

-crisp
Old 09-13-2014, 05:28 AM   #231
Rob54
Squid

Hello crispone,

I just read this thread straight through.

I know it must be a hard decision and one I KNOW you will regret in the future, make sure you can not only live with selling the RG but you can live with the regret.

I know the feeling all too well and at my age I have a shed-load of regrets, all too many two-stroke (loss of) related.

Whatever you decide, will there be a chance of another stink-wheel making it's way into your garage?

All the Best,

Rob54.
Rob54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #232
crispone
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE

TWO-STROKE HEAVEN - Illustrated...

Rob, (others)

I really appreciate all the strong sentiments. No doubt this is a keynote moment in my life. Truth is, I've "forced" the ownership of a Gamma over true priorities for much of my middle life. I lived the cycle from riding a tricked-out track MKI test 250 punched out to the pinnacle of what I wanted in a Gamma. Owning it is simply academic now, I've already checked every other box. Pain and Peace coexist at this point. I can let it go and argue it if I have to, but it will suffice to move forward and carry the good memories and experience with the loss. I may come back and read this one day and ask myself "what WERE you thinking, then also know that I made my peace with it. I've already "seized the day" like few others ever will... and I can level that back at anyone who questions my motives hereafter.

...anyway... maybe a GT750 I have my eye on... in "Barney-Purple"... or an NSR250R... or 3MA! Could be an "LC" (RZ350) or maybe some crack-pot miracle TZ750 bull-chit! We'll see...

The YSR with blown YZ80 is corroding away in a shed... who knows!

Thanks for your empathy all the same... the International Wire Transfer is nearly set up... and I'm about to knock out half my life debt in a wallop.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410615954.363311.jpg

-crisp
Old 09-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #233
Rob54
Squid

Quote:
........the International Wire Transfer is nearly set up... and I'm about to knock out half my life debt in a wallop.
-crisp
Hello crisp,

Well, that's as good a reason as any to part with such a machine.

I have been in debt and debt free at different stages in my life and I definitely prefer the debt free version of my existence. It's even more important when you have a family to consider, good on you for having the strength of character to make the correct (IMO) decision, hard though it may be.

At least with something of the stink-wheel persuasion lurking in the recesses of the garage and the other possible victims you mentioned you won't have to go "cold-turkey" on your addiction.

I hope you are going to keep this thread running by adding to it with the progress of your latest two stroke venture.

All the Best,

Rob54.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #234
crispone
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE

TWO-STROKE HEAVEN - Illustrated...

Thank you for the understanding and support, Rob. It IS a terribly emotional event... and it's not so instant as ripping off a Band-Aid, so it's a lingering and painful process!

To be sure, if a stroke-a-smoker makes itself resident in my life hereafter, I'll be posting it here as legacy for the Grand-Daddy of all Puffers, my late Gamma!

In the meantime... the Frankengixer is looming an inevitable revival in hither thread...

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197477

-crisp
Old 09-14-2014, 04:22 AM   #235
Rob54
Squid

Quote:
Thank you for the understanding and support, Rob. It IS a terribly emotional event... and it's not so instant as ripping off a Band-Aid, so it's a lingering and painful process!

To be sure, if a stroke-a-smoker makes itself resident in my life hereafter, I'll be posting it here as legacy for the Grand-Daddy of all Puffers, my late Gamma!

In the meantime... the Frankengixer is looming an inevitable revival in hither thread...

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197477

-crisp
Hello crisp,

I know where you're mind and heart are at the moment, been there and it ain't an easy decision even though you know it's the right one for your circumstances at the time.

Just one thing, please tell me that you did at least one track-day or some-such with the RG. It's all very well blatting it up the road and lofting the front, revelling in the sheer power production of the screaming little stink-wheel but it really comes into it's own when laying it over into a turn. Unless you had the chance to experience the handling of it as you flip it from side to side in a set of twisties, gunning it out of a long, sweeping corner whilst cranked over, you have only scratched the surface of it's capabilities. The RG500 is the superlative track tool and the closest road going stink-wheel to the true racers of the time that was ever produced. I really hope you did experience it under such circumstances.

I have just started to work my way through your Frankengixer thread, very interesting reading. I think I may have it trumped with my own Gixxer though, it is a real dog and has had a terrible life before I got hold of it. Unfortunately I haven't treated it as well as I should have either, I know, shameful of me. I will stick a thread up soon when I start it's rejuvenation/re-birth/resurrection. I have a 24 metre fence and a shed/workshop to rebuild first.

Keep your chin up sunshine, I may have to come and visit and we can go for a blat (Or would that be considered a threat?).

All the Best,

Rob54.
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #236
crispone
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE

Rob,

Bring yours or we'll find something to roll out for the two of us! A good blat would be a good fix...

-crisp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement