Bestest movie of all time - Page 2 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > General Discussion > Anything Goes

Old 11-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #21
Samantha750

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM
Re: Bestest movie of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR6Mac View Post
That's how I know the movie is fake. They were on gravel and didn't crash. You just don't ride through gravel!
Samantha750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
SolidSnake
Needs Friends...

Motorcycle: GsxR 600 k4

Quote:
Amen ^
SolidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #23
GSXR7ED
I'm Sticking Around

Motorcycle: GS750TZ, GSX-R750Y (Gone)

If it's all fake then I go with Bond, James Bond series. What guy doesn't want to be that guy?

Ed
GSXR7ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #24
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Quote:
That's how I know the movie is fake. They were on gravel and didn't crash. You just don't ride through gravel!
Well, yeah, every noob biker around knows that's a fact. Just like rain - it can't be done. A motorcycle cannot travel through rain.
davidhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #25
Samantha750

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhar View Post
Well, yeah, every noob biker around knows that's a fact. Just like rain - it can't be done. A motorcycle cannot travel through rain.
Goes without saying but it is so true it does warrant saying. DO NOT ride in the rain, it's like riding on ice, the water gets into the electrical system and you will know this when you pull into the garage and see the white smoke coming off the bike. That's the electrical system being damaged by the water.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #26
davidhar
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samschou View Post
Goes without saying but it is so true it does warrant saying. DO NOT ride in the rain, it's like riding on ice, the water gets into the electrical system and you will know this when you pull into the garage and see the white smoke coming off the bike. That's the electrical system being damaged by the water.

Yessir, letting the smoke out of the wires, just like when the hot and ground wires get crossed. Electricity is conveyed by smoke in the wires, and when the smoke gets out you gotta replace the wires.

I've had people believe it before.
davidhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #27
Samantha750

Too many times someone has posted on this site about seeing white smoke after riding in the rain. Hmm, I don't know, steam from cold water hitting a hot exhaust maybe?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #28
sh00ter
Squid

Motorcycle: 06 GSXR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR7ED View Post
If it's all fake then I go with Bond, James Bond series. What guy doesn't want to be that guy?

Ed
Yeah, my dad had me watch all of them when i was like 12 so I can't get enough of those movies. CANNOT wait for Skyfall!
sh00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #29
GSXR7ED
I'm Sticking Around

Really? The feedback I was told is that it is male chauvenist driven. How would it be taken if it was a woman portraying that character? Not going to even try and answer that.

Ed
Old 11-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #30
Samantha750

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR7ED View Post

Ed
Which Bond though? The one(s) who got all the cool toys to play with or the "new" Heineken drinking, no cool toys Bond?

Heineken, really?

Old 11-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #31
GSXR7ED
I'm Sticking Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh00ter View Post
Yeah, my dad had me watch all of them when i was like 12 so I can't get enough of those movies. CANNOT wait for Skyfall!
Quote:
Which Bond though? The one(s) who got all the cool toys to play with or the "new" Heineken drinking, no cool toys Bond?

Heineken, really?

Finally figured this out. Yeah, IDK bout that Heineken stuff...it's all commercialized. But back in the day, Bond was cool man...gadgets and flirting with Miss Penny.

Ed
Old 11-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #32
Samantha750

Yes, he used to be one cool cat with the drinking, smoking, bedding the ladies, cool gadgets and cool cars (Roger Moore in his Lotus).

Now he drinks beer, M is a woman, no more Q and no cool gadgets. I still do enjoy James Bond though, just not quite as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.leopard View Post
I've never seen that one
You should watch it and see for yourself just how awful it is! It's so bad I can't help watching it every time it's on
Old 11-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #33
GSXR7ED
I'm Sticking Around

Quote:
Yes, he used to be one cool cat with the drinking, smoking, bedding the ladies, cool gadgets and cool cars (Roger Moore in his Lotus).

Now he drinks beer, M is a woman, no more Q and no cool gadgets. I still do enjoy James Bond though, just not quite as much.

You should watch it and see for yourself just how awful it is! It's so bad I can't help watching it every time it's on
Wait, what? James doesn't drink beer...just advertises it. It's always been "shaken not stirred"...or, "do I look like I give a damn".

I do miss how the gadgets were explained. But JB is keeping up with the times.

Ed

Edit: JB=James Bond and not Jet Blast.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #34
Samantha750

http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/11...even-to-booze/

Happy Hour: Bond can’t be monogamous, even to booze

Adam McDowell | Nov 4, 2012 11:00 AM ET

A little kerfuffle ensued earlier this year over the news that James Bond was going to drink a Heineken in Skyfall, the 23rd official Bond flick, which opens on Friday.

Actually, someone who has already seen the film tells me that Bond has a beer, his usual martini, nearly a Macallan Scotch and some sort of drink involving a scorpion. But that’s just Bond being Bond. What’s his poison? Whatever is not actual poison. Contrary to The Daily Mail’s huffy assertion in a Web headline that “James Bond has always drunk vodka martinis ‘shaken, not stirred,’ ” the character has found his quantum of solace in an impressive variety of drinks across the canon. He’s not the sort of fellow to settle down, now, is he?

While I’ve never read any of Ian Fleming’s original books, the boozy blog drink007.com informs us that Bond has locale-appropriate stingers in Diamonds Are Forever, bourbon old fashioneds in Live and Let Die and a mint julep in Goldfinger. Bond jumped right into (and indeed probably helped start) the mojito craze of the early 2000s in the film Die Another Day (2002). And for those who would still resist the idea of a beer-swilling Bond, he has downed several over the years; I understand that the lager in the novel version of Goldfinger is specifically identified as a Heineken.

Then there’s the drink we most associate with Bond. The writer of drink007.com, who goes by the moniker Legendre Thirst, wisely writes: “Making a martini is infinitely easier than learning to appreciate one.”

Appreciating a martini is easier if we ditch 007’s guidance. James Bond drinks awful martinis. He opts for vodka over gin in some of the films, and shakes rather than stirs. To be clear, a good martini is made with gin, never vodka; and stirred, not shaken. Happily, Bond invents cocktails of his own in at least two of the books, both of which are tastier than a ruined martini.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #35
tinsnips
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2010 GSXR 600

Guns of Navarone.

Never watch Brians's Song.
tinsnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #36
GSXR7ED
I'm Sticking Around

You know, I love how the English papers explain things. Or should I say, the English in general. Being that I have relatives in east Anglia, the way things are perceived and explained is exceptional. Anyhow, all this is Fictional but great to discuss...because we all have an opinion.

Ed
Old 11-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #37
THE SRADIATOR
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: THE SRADIATOR

While definitely not the "best" movie of all time, this movie has spoken to me in a way I can not fully understand.
Being my wife is from Brazil, this man peaked my interest though I really never knew anything of him.
Unlike many racers of his time, his following was beyond huge it was Ginormous!
The country mourned the loss of their hero and this is his story...
THE SRADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #38
GSXR7ED
I'm Sticking Around

^^Interesting history. I started watching it (I'll finish it later) but I couldn't help but view the piece from "Top Gear". Here are some things I took away from TG:

Wild ferocious monster: McLaren MP4/4, manual gearbox and 1200 hp; 450 more than race cars of today.

Donnington 1993, on a wet track, in an inferior McLaren from 5th to 1st. 40 seconds of, "What is Ayrton Senna the race car driver all about".

Devout Christian.

Paradox...clearly a fantastic human being.

He seemed like a very head-strong person when it came to being the best. That's a quality needed to be the best...but it was his weakest quality because he took too many chances.

We take chances every day driving and riding on the streets. Those mid 80s race car drivers we're very "crazy" in their pursuit of perfection.

Like I said, I'll sit down to watch this movie soon.

Ed
Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #39
THE SRADIATOR
!##NULL##!

Motorcycle: THE SRADIATOR

^There will be in interview later in the movie with Jackie Stewart where Senna puts in into perspective.^
(The Portuguese sub titling made it a bit hard to follow at times but stick with it if you can.)
THE SRADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #40
spike52
"Will donate money to GDC for the cheap bastards who won't.. "

Motorcycle: 2011 1K....'04 Kawi 636 trackwhore

GDC is slippin'....

/thread
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vn.jpg (19.6 KB, 73 views)
spike52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement