ama xro copey srad the build! - Page 6 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Gixxer Forums > SRADs (97-00 600 and 96-99 750)

Old 11-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #101
TwistedMister
Lifetime Premium

Re: ama xro copey srad the build!

I don't see why people cant just PM their cleaning methodsand ask for privacy? its not like if we don't know them we are going to send our parts in and have you clean them, if we could afford that we wouldn't be asking for tips we would just ask for your address, so as it is most just leave them as they are or ask on other boards till an answer is found, since you guys aren't saying I'm not saying, Ive found the tricks for carbs and aluminum, extruded cast and forged.

most just don't have the money to spend on these bikes, SRADs go for $2500 tops in a good market, I have that much into mine already, I refuse to put twice into a bike what its worth simply for cosmetics, people already want way more than these parts are worth everywhere, and you usually have to clean the parts up..

have you seen some of the srad crap on ebay lately? take the key marred top clamp dood says is in "mint" condition, he wants $75 for it, for another quarter you can get a NEW aftermarket clamp, that key marred one has to be cleaned then powder coated to look decent, at that point you have at least 125 invested, I'll buy an anodized after market clamp for that price and have much better feedback...

I just don't get it, these are old bikes with zero collectors value, sheesh for $2200 you can get a MINT SRAD with very low miles in Europe, never in the states as most are used abused then abused some more.

I'm almost done with this one and wont touch another unless its already mint, restoring these bikes is simply a money pit
TwistedMister is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #102
ccmhunt
Superbike Champ

Motorcycle: 96 GSXR750 (parts), ZX7/9RR F-USA AMA SBK, 96 ZX7RR STREET, 96 WSBK ECKL ZX7RR

Rant much recently.....
Part of this directed at me?
Sorry I won't tell you everything that I know... When you asked. I had to learn things the hard way, prior to the Internet, when knowledge wasn't free and readily available to all. At least we didn't think we were entitled to free information. So we worked in the industry, and we raced, and we experimented. The result:trial and error, and a learning process.... Not by ranting on a forum because we are entitled to be given knowledge of others.
I give freely here, of experience garnered over decades. I ask nothing on here. I do free work, send out free parts when necessary, let people pay me later, or when they can,.... I have raised the collective awareness here considerably, as have several other significant people here. However, some knowledge remains mine, be it a cleaning method, a internal mod to a carb that I tell no-one about.... Not even the owner(but they sure like how they run..... And I have lots of these.... I just never make these public), cam timing numbers, etc.
If you think I am wrong, try calling up the Jordan Suzuki team and asking what lobe centers they run their cam timing on, or maybe call Richard Stanboli at Attack Kawasaki..... I can predict what the reaction should be, because I made those calls one time to different teams, in a different time and place, and was told that all information is not free, and to go figure it out myself, and suggested that I should go call a doctor the next time I needed an operation and have him tell me how to do it. From this point on I swore to do my own research.
Make a little more sense from my perspective? I am not saying you are wrong, I am betting you are younger and there seems to be a information entitlement issue with the advent of the Internet, after all, music and movies should be free, why should artists profit from their work either.... At least this seems to be a common perspective, not saying it is yours. You just seem bitter and you shouldn't be....
[QUOTE=senator8]Haha! You're more than 1%. My bike ran perfectly all year. All I did was oil changes and thumbed the starter. While my competitors had bikes and carbs in pieces at the track I was enjoying a coffee and saying "thanks Chris"
ccmhunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #103
wisegunner
Rookie

Motorcycle: CBR1000rr '06(sold), GSXR600 K7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmhunt View Post
Rant much recently.....
Sorry I won't tell you everything that I know... When you asked. I had to learn things the hard way, prior to the Internet, when knowledge wasn't free and readily available to all. At least we didn't think we were entitled to free information. So we worked in the industry, and we raced, and we experimented. The result:trial and error, and a learning process.... Not by ranting on a forum because we are entitled to be given knowledge of others.
I give freely here, of experience garnered over decades. I ask nothing on here. I do free work, send out free parts when necessary, let people pay me later, or when they can,.... I have raised the collective awareness here considerably, as have several other significant people here. However, some knowledge remains mine, be it a cleaning method, a internal mod to a carb that I tell no-one about.... Not even the owner(but they sure like how they run..... And I have lots of these.... I just never make these public), cam timing numbers, etc.
If you think I am wrong, try calling up the Jordan Suzuki team and asking what lobe centers they run their cam timing on, or maybe call Richard Stanboli at Attack Kawasaki..... I can predict what the reaction should be, because I made those calls one time to different teams, in a different time and place, and was told that all information is not free, and to go figure it out myself, and suggested that I should go call a doctor the next time I needed an operation and have him tell me how to do it. From this point on I swore to do my own research.
Make a little more sense from my perspective? I am not saying you are wrong, I am betting you are younger and there seems to be a information entitlement issue with the advent of the Internet, after all, music and movies should be free, why should artists profit from their work either.... At least this seems to be a common perspective, not saying it is yours. You just seem bitter and you shouldn't be....
wisegunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #104
TwistedMister
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmhunt View Post
Rant much recently.....
wasnt really directed at anyone, I just don't get all the secrecy when it comes to the cleaning of parts? you guys give out way more important info regarding way more technical stuff no problem but when it comes to cleaning its top secret?

kinda odd I guess but maybe the competition is lurking about trying to hijack the the secret recipes? I did some research and asked around so I think I know how to get the carbs all nice and shiny, only time will tell if my intel is any good but the carbs are pretty well hidden so as long as they work 100% I'm good...

maybe some day you'll bottle it up and sell it?

"CCMs secret carburetor sauce"
Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #105
dj_smurph
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 98 600 srad,97 aprilia chesterfield rs125

If some one spends the time and money to invent/use some thing in a different way to normal you are allowed to patent it. Don't see any difference here. It would be like Stefan Bradl going up to Casey stoner and asking him for his bike settings never gonna happen
dj_smurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #106
dj_smurph
Lifetime Premium

And when people get caught using technology they should have they get fines $150 mil as McLaren did. They is a case in the UK dyson are suing Bosch for technical espionage as the Bosch board planted a mole in dyson research and development
Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 AM   #107
hamill12
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: gsxr srad 1000. rd 500 ypvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_smurph View Post
It would be like Stefan Bradl going up to Casey stoner and asking him for his bike settings never gonna happen
Ah,,,do you remember when Stoner was quick enough to trail Rossie at a (I think test session many years ago) Rossie pulled up mid corner and told him to learn his own lines.
hamill12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #108
dj_smurph
Lifetime Premium

Stoner has done that to everyone that follows him in a session. Just turns round and flicks the a v
Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #109
oshweeken
Yaah I know!

Motorcycle: 1999 GSXR 750, 2002 CRF450R, 1974 CZ250, 1996 Yamaha Wavebalster

Speedy: Have you played with Velocity stacks on the '99 FI SRAD? Chris feel free to chime in on this too with your thoughts!
oshweeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #110
speedy sie
Rookie

Motorcycle: gsxr k1 1000 184.5 rw bhp ex race bike day time mot project and xro7 project build

yep i run 4 small better pick up on throttle and revs out better,4 large better torque,as ome 2 small 2 large as in ome mid range...need to have dyno time to set up right, often over looked this mod.....air box falp out,4 small,flowed head and full akey with pc11 and head suish set up,made 136 r/w on my old engine ...blew it up a few years back..did a few mods to the head as well...but ill keep them shtum

Last edited by speedy sie; 11-04-2012 at 11:06 AM.
speedy sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #111
oshweeken
Yaah I know!

I don't beleive the '99 had any stacks! My airbox is directly connected to the throttle bodies, I'm going with Chris's air tray so I figure maybe I will add the stacks in. I got a set of Yosh Stage 2 cams and looking to find Kibble&White springs/valves and retainers, porting and polish and flowing the head. Just not sure if I should use a 600 head on the 750 jugs or just the 750 head.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #112
speedy sie
Rookie

Motorcycle: gsxr k1 1000 184.5 rw bhp ex race bike day time mot project and xro7 project build

yep they do,they are inside the air box.....the rubbers that the throttle bodies sit in are in face the stacks you will see two large in the middle and two small on the out,... side if you look inside the air box..................

Last edited by speedy sie; 11-04-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #113
oshweeken
Yaah I know!

Gotcha! Thanks
Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #114
speedy sie
Rookie

Old 11-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #115
Hootguy
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 89gsxr-rk,(2),,86 GSXR LTD,,86 gsxr-750 rd/blk,,85 GSXR 750,, 96 gsxr 750/rf900,,98 gsxr 750,,99yosh 750 superbike..86 RG500 Walter Wolf,,86 RG500 blue/wht,,

nice calipers,,those rotors look like they are plus 3 mm like most kit brembos,,,any idea why they do that,,,i have a few sets and have never seen a reason why 3mm would be needed...
Hootguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #116
cobramadness
Parts Junkie

Motorcycle: 07 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMister View Post
maybe some day you'll bottle it up and sell it?

"CCMs secret carburetor sauce"

idk how I missed this... Chris, can I buy a couple bottles from you?

As for not sharing trade secrets, I understand where they are coming from. As someone 'wanting' that info, yes it's frustrating. Something as little as a cleaning solution for carbs may seem minor but to Chris, this is years and years of troubleshooting to find something that works better than your average cleaner... It's easier understood if you put yourself in his shoes.

Sie, you say you had 40 srads back then... what do you mean? Were you a reseller? Certainly you didn't have 40 srads for personal use?

Beautiful bike you are building, subscribed for updates...
cobramadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #117
TwistedMister
Lifetime Premium

forty srads, sounds like a song or a movie title
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #118
speedy sie
Rookie

the plus 3mm is due to the disk are inset not off ,they are set inside the wheel so they clear the forks,the front end is that tight,same at the rear the chaine nuts are 2mm clear of the swing arm the disk gap is not much bigger..

and the 40 srad's are all the ones i have bought and sold over the years..

Last edited by speedy sie; 11-30-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #119
hamill12
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: gsxr srad 1000. rd 500 ypvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy sie View Post

Saw them on your F/B there's not much left to go to finnish her. Absolutes gem for sure.
hamill12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #120
Hootguy
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 89gsxr-rk,(2),,86 GSXR LTD,,86 gsxr-750 rd/blk,,85 GSXR 750,, 96 gsxr 750/rf900,,98 gsxr 750,,99yosh 750 superbike..86 RG500 Walter Wolf,,86 RG500 blue/wht,,

funny thing is they are machine finished on the positive offset side,????
Hootguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement