Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3 - Page 200 : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
» Insurance
» Suzuki GSX-R Prices
» Sponsors
Go Back   Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com > Regional Forums > Ride Club > Northeast

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #3981
gzer
getyouramsoil@gmail.com

Motorcycle: K8 GSX-R600 - K.I.A., K11 S1Krr - K.I.A., K7 750 Track
Re: Northeast Trackwhores: 7 month thread v3

I don't have a license. I had to have my wife do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #3982
Moto_Joe
Serial Comma Rapist Admin

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600 Racebike
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzer View Post
I don't have a license. I had to have my wife do it.
Drivers license?
Old 11-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #3983
gzer
getyouramsoil@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Joe View Post
How can it be hard to get a license for a gun in your house? Isn't that still a federally protected right? I your commy state won't allow carry hardly... but in your house?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #3984
Moto_Joe

Quote:

What is confusing?

He said it would be hard to get a gun to keep in his house. Last I checked that is still federally protected under the second amendment.

And your communist state does make it hard to CARRY a gun I gather (which is some complete bullshit but another discussion altogether), but I dont get how it could be hard to get one for the house (assuming you are not a felon, certifiably crazy or anything like that).
Old 11-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #3985
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

Motorcycle: 2005 GSXR-1000 (track), 2006 GSXR-600 (track/race)

Just what we need, the whole population walking around with guns.

Mutually
Assured
Destruction

....on a small scale albeit
Old 11-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #3986
600k2
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 600k2

A friend of mine got his gun permit recently, and after I fire off some more models and am ready to buy I might get something. It's not that hard, but it takes a long time and things may not always go smoothly.

I don't understand it. Illegal guns cause more problems than legal guns, so why limit the legal gun purchase so heavily?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #3987
gzer
getyouramsoil@gmail.com

Quote:
Drivers license?
Quote:
What is confusing?
I was referring to you asking me if was talking about a driver's license. I was reminding of our topic big guy

Quote:
He said it would be hard to get a gun to keep in his house. Last I checked that is still federally protected under the second amendment.

And your communist state does make it hard to CARRY a gun I gather (which is some complete bullshit but another discussion altogether), but I dont get how it could be hard to get one for the house (assuming you are not a felon, certifiably crazy or anything like that).
I agree wholeheartedly. But in NJ it really can be difficult. Any blemish on your record brings delays if not a flat out denial. That's why i had my wife get the GUN license...not a driver's license

The rules are so draconian that to even transport the gun, it must be in a locked case, in the trunk, and you MUST be on your way to the range or gun smith. If they catch you on the way to the mall or some shit, you're fucked. Oh and you can only buy ONE handgun per permit but you can buy as many "long" guns as you like...shotguns, rifles, and all that shit is all you can eat. But a 9mm handgun...ONE. As if i can't conceal a shotgun in a big coat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL170db View Post

Mutually
Assured
Destruction

....on a small scale albeit
no so. My neighbor moved up from down south and he says everyone carries and it's never a problem. He says, imagine knowing that if you pull out, 10 other people on the street are carrying to. Kinda makes you think twice about pulling out in the first place...I see his point.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #3988
Moto_Joe

Quote:
Absolutely we do. .

Criminals have them regardless. Legally owned guns have been proven to be a deterrent to criminals. Criminals are pussies. they dont want their victims to fight back.

Quote:
I was referring to you asking me if was talking about a driver's license. I was reminding of our topic big guy
I know what the topic was, but how can you have your wife buy a gun for you? That is what was confusing... and I dont have to have any special license (other than ID AKA drivers license) to have a gun. Just to CARRY a gun. [/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly. But in NJ it really can be difficult. Any blemish on your record brings delays if not a flat out denial. That's why i had my wife get the GUN license...not a driver's license [/quote] which is confusing as fuck to a guy who lives in an area where all states require to buy a gun is you to be an adult, and meet federal requirements for identification and the federal NICS.

A special license just to have a gun in your HOUSE is fucking ridiculous.
Quote:
The rules are so draconian that to even transport the gun, it must be in a locked case, in the trunk, and you MUST be on your way to the range or gun smith. If they catch you on the way to the mall or some shit, you're fucked. Oh and you can only buy ONE handgun per permit but you can buy as many "long" guns as you like...shotguns, rifles, and all that shit is all you can eat. But a 9mm handgun...ONE. As if i can't conceal a shotgun in a big coat
NY/NJ area

Motomummy.com : D&A Cycles of Macon : Livengood Motorsports
us129photos.com : JRI Shocks : M4 Exhaust : Moto D Racing : Dunlop : Hazardous Racing :SFH : SBS : VHS :
www.GoMotoJoe.com
Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Old 11-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #3989
Moto_Joe

Quote:
no so. My neighbor moved up from down south and he says everyone carries and it's never a problem. He says, imagine knowing that if you pull out, 10 other people on the street are carrying to. Kinda makes you think twice about pulling out in the first place...I see his point.

I woulndt say "everyone" But a lot do

And so far, not ONCE has a legally owned and concealed firearm been used in a crime in any of my surrounding states last I checked.

The closest so far is the Zimmerman- case, and that is still yet to be seen.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #3990
gzer
getyouramsoil@gmail.com

Quote:
Criminals have them regardless. Legally owned guns have been proven to be a deterrent to criminals. Criminals are pussies. they dont want their victims to fight back.

I know what the topic was, but how can you have your wife buy a gun for you? That is what was confusing... and I dont have to have any special license (other than ID AKA drivers license) to have a gun. Just to CARRY a gun.

which is confusing as fuck to a guy who lives in an area where all states require to buy a gun is you to be an adult, and meet federal requirements for identification and the federal NICS.

A special license just to have a gun in your HOUSE is fucking ridiculous.
OH I see, well the permit is just for buying that ONE handgun and whenever you wanna buy ammo. So she didn't buy it FOR me, but for US and our home. I wanted one for the house and didn't think i'd get the permit. I was a stupid kid and that's all i'll say about that on a public forum...

But out here, no one can carry anyway. The paperwork is for initial purchase, ammo, and declares ownership - like a title for a bike. Each permit is tied to the ONE handgun these momos let you buy. For every additional pistol, u must apply for another permit. And i believe it's only one a year, but don't quote me on that.

But when we go to the range i can fire it legally and of course, if a some POS breaks into my home...But even then, i hear a home owner can be prosecuted under certain circumstances. fuckin jersey. Gun laws are even worse in NY!

Quote:
And so far, not ONCE has a legally owned and concealed firearm been used in a crime in any of my surrounding states last I checked.
As it should be. Law abiding citizens carrying to protect themselves and their families from criminals. I would love to be able bring the pistol with us to new york city when visiting family in the not so nice areas
Old 11-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #3991
Moto_Joe

sucks to be you

I want a gun? Can I pass NICS (federal background check)? Yes... then i buy one. I walk out in as long as it takes to checkout. I want ammo? I dont need anything other than to prove I am an adult. I want to carry a handgun? I go to the courthouse and fill out some paperwork, fingerprints and pay $50. permit is back in a week.

Do I need to protect myself in my house or my vehicle? Castle law protects us all criminally AND civilly (no sue by the bad guys).

The only time we MIGHT be sued in a defensive gun usage is in "public". Outside our place of business, home or car. But even then as long as an average person would justifiably feel in grave danger, it will be legal.

Hell, you want to buy my gun? As long as I dont know that you are a criminal I can sell it to you with a bill of sale written on a napkin if I want to .

Motomummy.com : D&A Cycles of Macon : Livengood Motorsports
us129photos.com : JRI Shocks : M4 Exhaust : Moto D Racing : Dunlop : Hazardous Racing :SFH : SBS : VHS :
www.GoMotoJoe.com
Coupon code "motojoe" for discount on hazardous racing leathers
2013 WERA National Challenge 3rd place
WERA Expert #20

Old 11-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #3992
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

My cousin owns a gas station that he leases out in the town that I live in. He was just telling me that NJ is supplied by 2 major refineries. One in (or near) Philly that supplies south Jersey and another that is in Jersey that supplies north Jersey. That's the one that apparently got flooded and why NNJ has run dry. apparently that refinery just got power back up today so things should slowly start getting better. He said by Wed he thinks things should relatively back to normal.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #3993
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

I just spoke to my friend who lives on S.I., she said the same exact thing as you Bart. The news is keeping a lid on how bad it REALLY is there. All the people dead and still missing.

There's a new inlet that cut through Mantoloking, hmmmph.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #3994
gzer
getyouramsoil@gmail.com

HOLY SHIT! That is unbelievable! SO many people must have lost so much. I did see on abc's website an interview with a poor woman who lost her little girl down there. They painted a pretty grim picture. I spoke to a friend in South Jersey who lost her house to flooding and she talked about two houses on her block EXPLODING, body bags left and right, and boats in the middle of the street. I hope that nor'easter doesn't hit...
Old 11-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #3995
njracer
Crusty Old Admin

Motorcycle: njracer

Quote:
I hope that nor'easter doesn't hit...
Looks like it's going to hit us.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #3996
Moto_Joe

Saw those pics on a site someone linked up the other day. It had a bunch of them where you could move your mouse and it would show the before and after. Sad stuff
Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #3997
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

Got a complete new head coming off a street bike w/ 1000 miles. That should be good enough to rebuild with I think. And the price was good enough that its cheaper than if I bought all new valves/springs/retainers/seals etc.

Once these come in I'll give a ring to Markbilt I guess and see about bringing this stuff down to him and have him tear it down, clean, prep and rebuild with possibly the thinner head gasket and cam sprockets........when I'm done if you want my old head to play around with Rich (port/polish, Serdi etc) let me know. Also I still have the injectors sitting around so when you have some more sets pulled to do a batch let me know.

Also got a set of pistons and con-rods. Seller said very low mileage and by the looks of the crowns and skirts it does look like these are pretty fresh. But I'll go ahead and order a set of fresh rings.

CCS AM #478

Last edited by SPL170db; 11-03-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #3998
It's_Just_Bob
Deceptively fast Bob...

Motorcycle: k8 1000 street, 06 600 track

Quote:
How can it be hard to get a license for a gun in your house? Isn't that still a federally protected right? I your commy state won't allow carry hardly... but in your house?
Even in your house, that shit needs to be locked in a box that even you can't open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600k2 View Post
I don't understand it. Illegal guns cause more problems than legal guns, so why limit the legal gun purchase so heavily?
I think NJ lawmakers are afraid that people are going to steal your gun for illegal uses.

Quote:
My cousin owns a gas station that he leases out in the town that I live in. He was just telling me that NJ is supplied by 2 major refineries. One in (or near) Philly that supplies south Jersey and another that is in Jersey that supplies north Jersey. That's the one that apparently got flooded and why NNJ has run dry. apparently that refinery just got power back up today so things should slowly start getting better. He said by Wed he thinks things should relatively back to normal.
My brother works for Hess, a few minutes away from us. He said they've been sending out trucks to supply Hess stations. Hess and Wawa are open here and today I saw a few of the no-name stations open. Lines might not be as bad as I think they are.

Quote:
Also got a set of pistons and con-rods. Seller said very low mileage and by the looks of the crowns and skirts it does look like these are pretty fresh. But I'll go ahead and order a set of fresh rings.
I can't believe there was no damage to your cylinder walls... those pistons look fucked!
Quote:
Sometimes Bob is the sharpest tool in the shed
Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #3999
nycrider
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 08 R6 Track
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj01_6 View Post
I can't believe there was no damage to your cylinder walls... those pistons look fucked!
I thought the same thing,last time I blew a motor,it looked fine to me but when I brought it to my engine builder and he checked it,it had to be bored out a tiny bit because the cilinder walls wouldn't clean up otherwise.Who knows though maybe he was just ripping me off and maybe Kaz just got lucky.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #4000
SPL170db
Chubby Chaser

I was happily surprised too, but I felt around all inside the cylinder and the walls were perfectly smooth. So hopefully it just need a flex-hone to deglaze them and then good to go. I'm sure if there is a problem Mark will tell me, but looking at it and feeling around in there there didn't seem to be any scratches or gouges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread