Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Prorective Gear??

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  DavesWright 
#1 ·
Im looking to add a protective vest to my riding gear. I've been looking at the Icon stryker vest or the Alpinestar track protection vest. Is one better? Are they a waste of money? Any input on either vest would be helpful

#7 ·
I got the Knox Contour back protector & the chest plate from STG. Very nice stuff. Like was said, if you're looking for it to go under leathers or a good jacket, great idea. If you're thinking just by itself, I wouldn't bother.

Is "Prorective " gear to help protect from anal attacks?

#8 ·
btw, anyone can recommend any good standalone (i.e. those which have straps and do go into the jacket's pocket) back protectors with good prices? I've heard that some of them actually lose protective ability after several impacts, and one of the forcefield (i think) products was claimed not to lose it. what's an opinion on used backprotectors? good or bad idea?

#9 ·
+1 on the Knox Gilet Vest from STG. :thumbup

I also like the Aegis back protector with matching chest protector (that is what im wearing now).

#12 ·
The Icon has D3O armor and the Astar has ce. Google it, but the D3O is the better impact armor.
Comparable product would be EVS. ( google their site )

Depending on your level of riding, impact safety armor is the best I've tried.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.