Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

I need help popping and rich smells

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  RACER4R 
#1 ·
I HAVE A 2000 CARB GSXR 600 I GOT IT FROM A KID AND IT WAS RUNNING GOOD IT JUST KEPT VAPOR LOCKING SO I REBUILT THE CARBS AND BOUGHT NEW COILS IT QUIT VAPOR LOCKING BUT NOT IT WONT REV UP PAST 8500 AND IT SMELLS RICH LIKE BEFOR I NEED HELLLLLPPPPP:crying

#3 ·
Connect the float bowl vents to the front of the airbox, like what ccmhunt said!!!

sTRANGE i HAD THE ABOVE IN CAPS LOCK :scratch

#5 ·
I am not asking about the popping, you said it wont rev past 8500: if it wont rev past thatwhile under load, but will in neutral, thats a sign you forgot to hook it up, of its blocked. Not referring to popping here. Popping can be either extremely lean or rich.

#9 ·
I enjoy answering that one, cos' it looks like I know what I'm talking about :lmao

#10 ·
well guys i might sound dum cuz iam a green horn to this stuff but you guys are talking about the vacume lines that hook up to the 2 little solonids right or is it the other hose at the front of the carb the one on the solonids was unhooked so iam hopeing it was it and my fuel filter had a little crack in it

#12 ·
No..... That's not what we were referring to at all. How could you tell us in post #4 that you were pretty sure you hooked it up, when it is now apparent that you don't know your float bowl vent tube to airbox connection, as you are now referencing solenoids which are a separate system and supply additional air to the main air jet/emulsion tube at midrange to lean it out and aid in emulsion, having nothing to do with pressurizing float bowls above atmospheric pressure?

#13 ·
like i said iam new to this stuff the one at the front of the carbs was hooked up witch i fugured was the vent hose thats why i said the i was pretty sure it was hooked up and does anyone have a diagram or a picture of how the vaccume hoses on the soloniods are supposed to be hooked up and the help is greatly appricated

#18 ·
Look at the airbox closest to handle bars there should be a tube going to the carbs from there.

#19 ·
Does this help

The y piece hose we're on about is at the front of the airbox, when sat on the bike....you need to take it off, to be sure that hose is connected!

#20 ·
What is that brown stuff all over your motor?

#21 ·
That's what he was talking about, he just misspelled "pooping." The rich smells are a result of poop sizzling on the hot engine.

#22 ·
ok guys i put the new fuel filter and hooked up the vacume hoses to the air box and it runs like a champ it doesent smell as rich now but after rideing for a little bit when i bring the bike back and let it set for a little the bike doesnt want to start it clicks and clicks then it will eventuley turn over and start slugginsh then run fine what probblem do i have now fyi it didnt do this when it was popping thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.