Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

just seen the holy grail

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  awasson 
#1 · (Edited)
I was in a Suzuki dealership here in New Zealand last week and was drooling over a Genuine Yoshimira GS1200SS. A very tasty and rare machine.
It was painted up in red/black, very similar to my '85 GSXR750F. I mentioned this fact to the guy in the shop, who said, "I think we have some red/black fairing parts in stock" and proceeded to show me a pair of brand new fairing lowers for the '85 F.
They are definitely "F" ones as they are fibreglass rather than ABS that the G onwards used.
They are brand new, genuine Suzuki parts still in the original packaging.
If anyone wants more details, the dealer is Southern Suzuki in Invercargill New Zealand.

Note. I am in no way connected to the dealer and this is not an advertisement,
it is merely a heads up on the location of some very rare parts.

#15 ·
LOL...I did mamage to post some pictures a few months ago,,,you guys have to cut me some slack here,,this shit is all in good fun and not meant to poke at anybody....i sure as hell am not the only hoarder on here,,,and the reason i collect all this stuff is because i have quite a few bikes i'm collectting parts for,,,2 85's in both colors,,2 86's in both colors,,and the odd hotrod project,,1 88,,189,,,not to mention 2 89 RK's,,,,and a pair of very cool RG500 Gamma's including the rarest of them all the Walter Wolf Canada model,,so you see,,i have a reason to collect so much stuff and not able to sell,,andyes they are fun to ride,,but to me,,i want to have a nice collection of most of the oil cooled 750's,,so if it annoys people that a post about some of my stuff,,or if it put some guys nose out of joint,,,Thanks,,i'll refrain from commenting from now on,,,you have a nice day now,,

#16 ·
Well, it might put someones nose out of joint but like I said, I'm good for my 85 parts, now if you've got some spare LTD or RK parts, we might have to have words. Just kidding, I think I may have all I need for that too except for swingarm & OEM exhaust which I'm not in a rush for.

BTW, without pictures I'm starting to think it might just be an elaborate hoax and there are no 85's/86's in both colours or Walter Wolf Gamma's. I'm afraid we'll have to see some pictures :biggrin

PS: I've got a thing for the early 750's too.

#17 ·
Guys ... relax 99% of my gear will be for sale in 2013 (if I can find time to sort it) In future I only want to be found on a track somewhere in Europe ... on Classic 2-4 stroke Suzuki's but might well be a different make amongst ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.