Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Camera mount - GoPro

24K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  MOTO-D 
#1 ·
How does everyone mount their GrPro's? Basically looking for pics of the mount and camera itself or similar. I want to get a couple locations set up for this season.

Does the suction cup hold up on its own say handing on the side of the fairing or does it need to be safety wired?

#6 ·
some mount on the front fender mounting bolts, on the top of the tail section, on the pass pegs, where the mirrors would be when you remove them. top of your lid (but causes head drag and wobble (lol), and on the frame sliders.

#7 ·
I have a few locations set up so far, but with the 04 750's tail I haven't quite figured out how to get the right angle. The tail has a curve right down the center and if I mount to either side the angle will be off. Whats the trick with this particular tail? I need to look at it again tonight

#9 ·
the suction cup on the bike doesnt seem to work to good. the additional weight of the camera and the wind against it made my fairings "flex" and it was very bumpy looking in the vid. The do stick to helmet very well though. Mine has never came off my helmet(up to 100mph) but you better believe you can feel the drag of it on anything over 60mph :lol

Gave a girl a ride for a group ride i went on and made her wear it. :lmao

#18 ·
For us trackguys the motoD camera mount is a bad idea...we loose the ability to use a front neck stands ( i use one between every session for my warmers). even if you dont use it on the regular you will have to remove it for any fork maintance. I love motoD and use yall's tire warmers but you guys need a model that doesnt go all the way through the stearing stem. :cheers

#21 ·
Some pretty good ideas here, I wish i could get the motoD mount, but my windshield is painted black. I need something that mounts on the sides of the bike.

#23 ·
Thats a good idea. I was kinda aiming for something like this which i stole from another forum.

But ill look into your idea. It seems like a better angle.

#25 ·
I'm considering a tank mounting bracket that connects to the filler cap. Are any track day organizations having a problem with this?
Another idea I'm considering is a hole in the number plate area to mount a camera inside the fairing.
Please post any pictures of either of these mounting locations so I can get an idea what others have done.
Thanks

#26 ·
The suction cup actually works fine for me. I try to minimize the GoPro 3M perm mounts if at all possible. The only perm mounts I have on my bike is on the swing arm (left side) and under tail; all other shots I use my suction cup with all extension brackets possible...lol

I don't have pics to show, however feel free to check out my vid below for examples. Try your best to include a portion of bike within the video, with nothing in the foreground, you tend to loose the full effect especially when leaning.

Good luck and post vids from your outcome.

Alohas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.