Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

05 gsxr 1000 plastics on 05 gsxr 750

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GS220 
#1 · (Edited)
1000 k5

750 k5

i recently put a full carbon trc yoshi exhaust from a k5 1000 on my k5 750. after doing so it got me thinking; what else is interchangeable between these two bikes. So i looked at these bikes side by side (sort of) i dont know anyone who has a k5 liter bike. gas tanks can be interchanged, camshafts,the swing arms look the same, the frame is still the same except for the subframe. and the plastics seem to bolt up at the same point.

I know i would need a new headlight, possible new fairing stay. if i were to do this i would change just the front fairings and leave my 750 subframe.

let me know what you think, because i want to know if i should by a complete set of k5 1000 fairings and other parts for $100

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
i am just curious, call it being bored. just something to think about and for 100 bucks if it was possible try out see if it was worth it or complete bs.

and i was reading about the czecher superlite bike and it said the 750 had 1000 plastics

"Responsible for the totally unique look is the OPP Racing carbon-fiber GSX-R1000 bodywork and a TaylorMade windshield"
-http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/233/320/Motorcycle-Article/2006-Czecher-SuperLite-Track-Test.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.