Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

k1 cluster swap sticky is vague anyone figured it out completely

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Fin-R 
#1 ·
I just read through the whole sticky and the thread seems pretty deadend i was just wondering if anyone has actually made this work completely.

#9 ·
interesting, the guy I bought my bike from did a newer instrument cluster gauge conversion, and I've looked around for a solutions to the temp not displaying but didn't know it was 8 bit to 16 bit problem... back in college we had to create logical gates to do these types of conversions, it was all in a simulation software but wasn't too difficult :idea

#5 ·
here is the pin matchup again...note, on the old side, 16 & 13 are blank, so, you could match them kinda like i've matched them here. For right now, i've just matched the wiring, haven't really connected anything just yet...

New - Old
1 - 12 ignition
2 - 13 + 12v constant
3 - 1 High Beam
4 - 9 R-Turn
5 - 10 L-Turn
6 - 6 Oil
7 - 7 Temp (sensor)
8 - 11 Tacho
9 - 3 Illumination
10 - 8 Temp
11 - 2 Neutral
12 - 15 Speed Sensor
13 - 16 empty
14 - 4 Fuel A
15 - 5 Fuel B
16 - 14 Speed Plus

This is the pinout conversion for the gauge swap. So basically what your saying is if i do the pinout swap then my gauge will work fuel light and all just will have chec on which isnt an issue?

#10 ·
I am trying to swap onto a GS500. Sounds to me like most of the data is a streaming digital signal from the ecu to the cluster?

Since the GS500 has no sensors to speak of such as temp, fuel, or gear position any ideas of how to get this data to the cluster? I realize getting sensors would be the first step, I am thinking using an andrino platform to gather sensor data and pass it to the cluster. Ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.