Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Srad Nose upgrade

5K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  fabianbrown1 
#1 ·
I've just purchased a 1999 GSX-R600 SRAD and in the process of upgrading a few parts. Here is a few pictures of my progress so far .

(Nose kit) www.btpautoparts.com

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
ooohhh my.

#3 ·
Looks good. I'm a fan of that nose on the srad.

#5 ·
I've gone round full circle, trying to make the srad something that it's not and have come bacK to the srad look.
I appreciate the srad for what it is now..........a SRAD!!!

Just my 2p

#7 ·
I dig the white but you should have left the hugger black.

#22 ·
I'm suprised Chris even looked in this thread!

Anyone notice how the Srad elite don't chime in threads like this?

That alleyways probably shared, so he probably waiting for his next door neighbour to start cleaning first :lol

#26 ·
hey fab I have a few questions

regarding the ram air, were you able to utilize the ducts? boots?

front stay, did you use the stocker?

headlight, the srad is a 2 plug h/5 with the high/low on the same bulb, the k5 uses two seperate h/7s, one for high one for low..

did you just plug in the H/5s one in the top one in the bottom or how does that all play out and what do they provide you with? they say they provide the "adapter" but its a lot more money, sheesh, I would rather have the H/5s working in the stacked position like that as apposed to just a single for low beam

one thiong about that conversion is you lose some lighting capabilities as the horozontal beams light better than the verticle or stacked, I really like the SV1000 lighting capabilities

I had both the SV and a Hayabusa and did a comparo at night pitch black, the SV lit up so much more of the side of the road it was ridiculous, and thats advantageous if you ride at night a lot in the birbs or country.. city it don't matter

thanks for any information on the setup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.