Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Gsxr 600 SRAD stunt cage??

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  piester 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 gsxr 600 with trashed front fairings. Im going to strip it down to a streetfighter look and make it into a kind of street/stunt bike. I am looking into building a crash cage and a 12 oclock bar. the crash cage is my main concern. I am a certified welder and I have a nearly unlimited supply of metals through my company, and I am designing a crash cage to fabricate. I am wondering about how the cage mounts onto the front motor mount, and what would be the best way to mount it to my frame around where the rear subframe mounts. Alterations to the frame would be an easy job too, I want the most strength possible. I plan on this bike hitting the ground multiple times. If anyone could enlighten me on how exactly the crash cages mount to the front motor mount and the best way to mount to my frame I would be greatly appreciative.

Ps, I am going with a basic 3 point cage, mounting to the front motor mount, to the frame near the rear subframe mounts, and mounting both sides together underneath the headers sort of like nerf bars on a quad. Thank you!

#4 ·
OP is like a red rag to a bulk

#6 ·
where would you go looking for something like this?

I would try both myself, juss not many stunters using SRADs especially since the stunt cage era, my guess is you have to fab one up yourself using the closest gen you can find, frames haven't changed all that much over the years in that respect,

where was it someone posted that one SRAD with the funky stunt cage that plugged in up top where the fairing stay bolts up?

prolly a good way to get your stay mount broke off but its something, looked home made too, I'll try to find that pic but....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.