Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

c42 ignition problems

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  avgas24 
#1 ·
hi.

had problems with starting my bike, (fuel pump not priming) thought it was my datatool immobilisers playing up so stripped that out only to find problem still there. went and got brand new ignition and fuel cap, plugged it in to test and first turn the fuel pump primed and all was good, switched it to off and back on again and nothing!! tried 20+ times and still nothing.

going to test wires past the ignition coupling bit later, to see if its them. any other ideas, suggestions would be appreciated greatly. need her bac on the road for first thing in the morning.

thanks jon

#2 ·
any1 got any ideas?

have checked there is power going to ecm from ignition, all connectors/couplings look good, fuses all are fine, check sidestand switch, cam position sensor had bit of oil type liquid in there which im told is normal.

tempted just to re wire the hole damn thing!!!

#4 ·
got c42 as fault code which is igntion wiring/couplings.

right then just thought id update how its going...

managed to find out by mistake that touching the gear lever (either up or down) i can get the bike to come out of FI mode and the fuel pump primes, bike starts and rides pretect as normal.

ive think it could be the gear postions sensor or a friend of mine has mentioned the netural switch, havent checked sensors or wiring yet but think im definatly getting close to solving my problem. :D

#7 ·
As far as i am concerned, it is fixed. It doesn't rain much here in AZ, but when it does i get soaked. I have put almost 90,000 miles on my bike, I bought it with 20,000, and the only thing to let me down has been stators. This has been a great bike. I hope your fix is something simple too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.