Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

sticker layout

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  AFitchguy07 
#1 · (Edited)
so i've been wanting to remove the just the blue arrow part of the front fairing stickers BUT leave the R and the GSX with black shadowing the R.

how is it laid out? is the blue arrow sticker one piece separate from the GSX black sticker that is underneath the R?

basically i want to replicate the way the black k8's are... if that helps draw the image in your head.

#3 ·
yeah that's exactly what im wanting!
do you have any high reso pics?

i was using one of my stepdad's scalpels from his work… im afraid they'll be too sharp. maybe they're meant to cut ppl, not thin stickers haha

with the razor, did you like use the edge of it and trace out the black outline OR like put all of the blade's edge on the line and press?

#5 ·
alright so i attempted but i am anal and couldn't seem to get a good clean cut along side the black edge. It looked too rigidy for me. So, i ripped it all off..

Now i need to find a good spot to purchase the black background GSX sticker along with the silver 3-d R. I basically need the sticker decals for a k8 black gsxr :)

Anyone have any good decent place to purchase some?

#7 ·
I peeled off all my decals except for the white SUZUKI that runs along the bottom of the faring. I left the tail stickerless but put the chrome looking GSXR decal in the area where the old decals were on the top section of the farings, it looks A LOT better than those ugly stock decals

#13 ·
> something i've never seen before.
> i love macs.
> it's white, and matches up with my bike's color scheme better than the blue did.
> also, it's just temp until i find cheap prices on the GSX and R stickers.

i think i can still reuse my R's as they're not messed up.. i may need to get something to replenish the stickiness. The R's alone are $51 plus tax each at dealer. GSX sticker is $20/ea. Ridiculous.

#18 ·
...BTW, one thing to consider for people wanting to do stuff like removing stock stickers. You lower the resale value immediately since people will suspect the bike has been crashed, even if it hasn't. Same with custom paint on relatively new bikes (where stock paint would still look nice on a well-maintained bike) - just saying.

#20 · (Edited)
i have the undamaged removed stickers

but i'm not too worried about it. If the guy says i wont meet your asking price just because you don't have stock stickers, then that's just crazy. I mean, if you just lowside it, order new side fairings, the stock stickers come on there. Now, since no stickers or non oem stickers are present on the bike suggests it has been laid over, having oem stickers must then mean it hasn't ever been crashed..? :dunno

sounds kind of silly to me :wacko

i also have holes in my fairings for my woodcrafts :eek:hmy

in all honesty, though, i do understand where you're coming from :cheers

#19 ·
Or, you can document the ordeal by photographing yourself taking the stickers off and putting new ones on. Then take a pic with your sticker removing, smiling mug next to the VIN so there is no questioning that you did it for aesthetics.

Anyone worth their salt can look a bike over in 5 mins and figure out if it has been crashed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.