Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Kinda new guy

811 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Tractioncontrol 
#1 ·
Hi. Name is Jon. I was a member a few years back. When I had my 1992 gsxr1100. Now I'm back this time I own a 2004 gsxr1000. I also have a 2007 r6 but that's another forum haha

I found this bike in a garage in Laredo with only 1800 miles... The tank was rusted from sittin and the tires were bad but after I had the inside of the tank sandblasted and relined and a new set of michelins. The bike is right as rain. Hands down the fastest bike I have ever owned...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motorcycle fairing

There's a picture of it after first startup the other night.

Anyway look forward to being a part of the gixxer community

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome. From what I can tell from the pic, looks like a good find!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
Bike came with the frame sliders and spools and windscreen and grips all color matched and carbon gsxr trim on the triple tree the gas tank the tank pad. Came with the rear cowl. Idk if it is all factory cause everything says gsxr on it.

It also came to me with a k&n installed. An a d&d exhaust(not installed). I'm debatin on puttin on the exhaust without a power commander

Bike now sits on Michelin pilot road tires (since it sits for weeks at a time from work didn't want too soft of a compound) and has the original chain and sprocket and brakes!

Did recently notice my fork seal leaking so ill be tackling that end of this month when I'm home again

#11 ·
Well originally I had a 2006 r6 Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim

But when I came across the gsxr I had to have it so I sold my r6 to get te Suzuki my first bike was a gsxr 1100 like I stated so Suzuki always had a place with me. And I bought the gsxr by itself originally. Then later I was offered the 07 r6 to top off the deal. I ended up getting both bikes for 9500 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.