Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New GSXR rider her saying hello from SoCal!

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Samantha750 
#1 ·
sup guys! Just got my 2001 GSXR 1000 a few weeks ago traded my 99 r6 for it. This thing is a piece and needs a lot of work :cursing so im here reading all your great info. I have had a tl1000r before along with a ninja 600 and 1975 cb125s so not new to bikes in general:punk

#10 ·
Here are some pics I hope they upload. Needs fairings not sure if I will repair or buy new ones, chain and sprockets, new gas tank, air ram tubes, battery flushmount blinkers, water pump oil seal, and every single bolt and all bolt holes retapped from someone over tightening everything! You can see how they messed up the drain plug and never changed the sprockets. But it has new rectifier and full micron exhaust system lol. It will pretty much be a brand new bike when I'm done. I have everything just eh about fairings and deciding what to do. Its my weekend project it keeps me busy. It should be rideable this weekend: crosses fingers:

Sent from my VS930 4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#11 ·
I just parted out a MINT condition '01 1000. If you are considering keeping this bike it would be a good idea to get your Red R and check the classified section as good condition OEM parts for the 1st Gen 1k's are getting harder to find. Especially the OEM ram air tubes;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.