Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
now these ... bag says Suzuki Racing Parts

block profile / pattern

more like " normal " wet clutch plates

for what ?!

one German friend writes" " I have these for my 1989 RR/RK kit "

another writes: " the smooth no pattern ones are for racing purposes, the others with pattern are for the street version "

So all mixed up " confused " now ...

(Who)ot, Jeff, Henrik, Yves, Dave(s), anybody else has the answer ?

Thanks ! :cheers

Attachments

#10 ·
:dunno they fit 1986 clutch exactly ... these came with a Limited Edition from Germany and had been there for years (since last century)

Maybe those days somebody managed to have these refurbished (without tellings us where and how) :biggrin

We should check it out with the former owner ...

to be cont'd

#16 ·
Really?... I knew there was a WC dry clutch but I thought it had a bigger diameter basket and more teeth than ours. It surprises me that with clutch plates for the superbike being so recent that the supply has dried up.

#17 ·
well all my dry clutches from all the 0nes from my oil cooled bikes,,to my Srad Yosh superbike,,to my 2001 superbike dry clutch..all use the same plates...actually the KIT dry clutch plates which were pretty much the same were still available for many years,,as the teams threw them away every week end,,,i remember getting about 30 complete sets of plates from one team,,they all looked new still since they only ran a couple times in a week end,,,BUT,,i threw a lot of them away when i stopped playing with the old bikes,,,,and gave some to friends with LTD's as spares,,and trade some for nick nakcs,,,i kept about 6 or 7 sets,,,but i sure wish i would have kept them all,,,

#19 ·
Yup, that sounds familiar. It's a bit like the story of factory exhausts. Heavy and too quiet/restrictive back in the day and now worth a bunch of money. I have two sets of plates for my LTD. One completely new in the bike now, never been used and a spare set of rubbish plates.

the xro dry clutch uses different plates to the ero set up,the xro plates are lager then the ero ones,the xro clutch is bigger you can put an ero clutch in the xro mag casing but not an xro one in the ero mag casing wont fit,this was done so as to xro clutches not getting used by kitted ero bikes,i know to a shed load of the xro plates,but only any good for xro set up,the xrc works clutch may use ero plates??
Those must have been the plates I was thinking of. Larger that our LTD plates.

#18 · (Edited)
the xro dry clutch uses different plates to the ero set up,the xro plates are lager then the ero ones,the xro clutch is bigger you can put an ero clutch in the xro mag casing but not an xro one in the ero mag casing wont fit,this was done so as to xro clutches not getting used by kitted ero bikes,i know to a shed load of the xro plates,but only any good for xro set up,the xrc works clutch may use ero plates??

#21 ·
Today we compared some plates / disc's ...

So once upon a time there was a Limited Edition owner in Germany, who felt realy safe / secure since he had a pile of Dry Clutch Plates both types needed.
What he never has known is that the plates he owned would not fit his Limited Edition ...

The photos speak for themselves ...

small disc's LE

large disc's ?

XR0 ?

WC ?

Attachments

#24 ·
I tought the friction plates in dry clutches had a full surface, so no grooves in them?

How long do you think a normal wet set of plates would last in a dry clutch?

I know they wouldnt be cooled by oil but if you make a good air duct to allow them to cool could you possible use the clutch without burning it out?

#25 ·
Sofar still correct but apparently Suzuki Racing Parts ones have grooves ...

Wet plates ?! I have no idea, since I have not tried that ... first you have to find plates that have the typical format or look into howfar a certain basket would fit for that purpose

Might well be that it will be rattling, ringling and smelling ...

#29 ·
i also have a suzuki race kit dry clutch for a SRAD and the latter model 2001-2202 dry clutch as well..both have the smooth surface on the frictions...i can see how the grooved ones might help dissapate heat,,,but it would be at the expense of grip,,seeing how small the plates are to begin with,,i'd guess every little bit helps,,expecially in the later dry clutches,,

#31 ·
all the way from Canada ... " eBayed " from a member here ... for display purposes or when desperate ... use

EBC CK 3376 Heavy Duty (Dry) Clutch Plate Set ...

compared with genuine Suzuki one ...

Attachments

#33 ·
EBC CK 3376 Heavy Duty (Dry) Clutch Plate Set ...
Text on the back of EBC box:

" These clutch plates are a cork based material similar to the original equipment and must be soaked for a few hours in the manufacturers recommended drive case oil before installation. " :lmao

:scratch dry clutch plates ?!

#35 ·
o.k. ... picked up my plates that were taken to Italy for check and to find out news about reproducing ... the well known manufacturer's answer was negative

:dissapointed

:sad

:wtf ...the show must go on ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.