Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

How much is a pristine 1990 gsxr 750 gas tank worth?

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  jackbird_xx 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not trying to sell anything here, just determine worth.

My jackass ex had my bike in his garage. Last night he decided to throw it in the middle of the street and in the process he royally fucked up my perfect, and I mean perfect - not a scratch - tank. It's dented in several places, blahblahblah.

I want to know how much is fair to make him pay me for the tank, the plastics he ruined weren't perfect but they were close. I'm so mad! :cursing

I'm having no luck finding one anywhere online for sale so thought I'd ask here. What would you pay? If it matters, it was red/white. http://classic-motorbikes.net/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/GSXR750J-2.jpg

#3 ·
A woman Scorned?? there is one on ebay rite now for 300 better snatch it up quick. I paid 1k for a nos 90 tank. It's in the Faster blue/white tho

#11 ·
Hey, I've seen folks post less before... and in a round about way, it was a method of procuring a purchase from a member (without purchasing their Red R) outside of the classifieds forum. It comes right down to this, if you're searching for a really nice "anything"... why not purchase your Red R, and try the correct channel of request.

There's nothing wrong with your initial dialogue, but when you got to the part: "I'm having no luck finding one anywhere online for sale so thought I'd ask here." ... well, it gets awfully close to a WTB thread. Seen it before - been there - got banned.

Keep your sigs fellas - you may want them yourselves.

jb_xx

#16 ·
:shifty Hmmmm.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.