Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What the are the TL1000R and TL1000S?

20K views 43 replies 32 participants last post by  gsxr313 
#1 ·
I know their bikes, but what are they comparable to in todays bikes. I'm new to the bike world and I've never have heard of them. Are they better than Gixxers or a lower model? Are they kind of like the SVs of today?

#2 ·
they are different than gixxers not lower, they are your Ducati/aprilia package made by suzuki. The TLR is the faster race based machine and the TLS is geared for street riding..... both bikes are very powerful and fast....
but if you are looking for a drag monster you will find better bikes for that...

#4 ·
Violentk2005 said:
Thanks for the answer, I always wanted to know what they are. So their even better than the GSXR-1000 then? Or are they about par with them?
is it better?? no, the GSXR1000 is a lighter, more powerful machine with better suspension. they are simply two different animals, the TLR & TLS are v-twin motorcycles so the feel and riding characteristics are differnet than those of an inline 4 (GSXR's) the v-twins have loads of torque and you don't need to ring the piss out of them for them to move.... Ride both and make your choice.... GSXR's are a dime a dozen, TLR's are less common and the rumble of a V-twin is second to none....

#15 ·
TLs is about on par with todays GSXR 600 in power. The TLR is closer to the GSXR 750 but not quite as powerful. Each has about 45lbs more then the GSXR 1000 even.

The TLs is the old model of the SV1000. Both the TLS and TLR hadnling wise can be made to very good but the extra weight doesn't help. For street use they more then capable once the rider is used to the bike and has some skill.

TL s are almost just opposites of the GSXR. GSXR smooth engine, TL you can feel the engine working and revving, GSXR power surges at certain RPM where power builds (usually 6000rpm and up) TLs have more power then GSXR in the 2k-5k rpm range but have surges at 6k and 8K.

My dad prefers the twins, and after riding both TLS, TLR, GSXR 1k, GSXR 600, I prefer the smooth engine feel of the GSXR as it does not affect my hand going numb as bad as the TLs. Now some people, the 4 cylinders bother their hands more then twins. TLS is a little more comfortable then the GSXR but the TLR is about the same.

#17 ·
My best riding bud's TLS has now clocked over 8,000 kilometers of track day abuse. How the fuck that thing stands up to all of that is a credit to the engine designers. Man, can he make that fucker fly. Mind you, his forks are gutted out with Race Tech stuff, and he has the Ohlins shock and a LE spring. Aside from the TLR front calipers, its stock. I'm impressed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.