Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Ticket for a wheelie

18K views 55 replies 34 participants last post by  Rampage05 
#1 · (Edited)
So yesterday I went on a ride with a couple of my buddies and not 10 minutes into our ride we get pulled over because my buddy does a wheelie and gets pulled over.

On the ticket it says speeding under conditions or something and in parenthesis (Wheelie)

I was wondering how much you think his ticket will be?

#2 ·
So yesterday I went on a ride with a couple of my buddies and not 10 minutes into our ride we get pulled over because my buddy does a wheelie and gets pulled over.

On the ticket it says speeding under conditions or something and in parenthesis (Wheelie)

I was wondering how much you think his ticket will be?

http://youtu.be/-p06YCiBOO4
Face White Hair Facial hair Line art

......yeah. That big

#5 ·
amazing what the search button does..............
I dont guarantee accuracy of this:

Effective October 1, 2008, HB 137 revises the traffic laws to create a few more penalties. This short bill was particularly focused on unsafe motorcycle activities, but it does include a provision for excessive speed. The new law also provides penalties for the first, second, third or subsequent violations. The Distribution Chart found on the FACC website will be updated to reflect the amounts for the first and second offenses in the Traffic section. The third and subsequent offense is classified as a third degree felony with a $5,000 fine and will appear in the Criminal Traffic section of the chart.

New Violations:
316.2085(2) Motorcycle or moped, wheels losing contact with ground
This is classified as a moving violation.
First Offense: the violator must pay $1,000 plus any other costs assessed for a moving violation. Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500, plus any other applicable costs assessed for a moving violation. The person’s driver license must be revoked for a period of one year.
Third Offense: the violator will be charged with a third degree felony, punishable as provided in ss. 775.082, 775.083, and 775.084, a mandatory fine of $5,000, and the driver license must be revoked for a period of ten years.

316.2085(3) Motorcycle or moped license tag improperly affixed
First Offense: the violator must pay $1,000 plus any other costs assessed for a moving violation. Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500, plus any other applicable costs assessed for a moving violation. The person’s driver license must be revoked for a period of one year.
Third Offense: the violator will be charged with a third degree felony, punishable as provided in ss. 775.082, 775.083, and 775.084, a mandatory fine of $5,000, and the driver license must be revoked for a period of ten years.

316.1926 (2) A person who exceeds the speed limit in excess of 50 mph or more in violation of ss.
316.183(2) (posted speeds), 316.187(state speed zones), or 316.189 (municipal and county speeds)
First Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $1,000 plus court costs.
Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500 plus court costs and the driver license must be revoked for a period of one year.

#16 ·
316.1926 (2) A person who exceeds the speed limit in excess of 50 mph or more in violation of ss.
316.183(2) (posted speeds), 316.187(state speed zones), or 316.189 (municipal and county speeds)
First Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $1,000 plus court costs.
Second Offense: the violator must pay a fine of $2,500 plus court costs and the driver license must be revoked for a period of one year.
This is what we have in Ontario......

Street Racers and Aggressive Drivers – Effective September 30, 2007

The legislation includes tough measures for those who choose to race on Ontario’s roads, including higher fines and longer suspensions:

• The maximum fine increases from $1,000 to $10,000 upon conviction for street racing, making it the highest penalty in Canada. The minimum fine increases from $200 to $2,000.
  • Police can issue an immediate seven-day driver’s licence suspension and seven-day vehicle impoundment for street racing, participating in a driving contest or stunt driving.
  • Courts can impose a driver licence suspension of up to 10 years for a second conviction, if the second conviction occurs within 10 years of the first. For a first conviction, the maximum licence suspension period remains at 2 years.
  • The definition of a “driving stunt” includes driving a motor vehicle at 50 km/h or more above the posted speed limit.
  • The Act also bans driving a motor vehicle on a highway with a connected nitrous oxide system. Some street racers use nitrous oxide to enhance the acceleration capabilities of their vehicles.
For more information on street racing and aggressive driving, please go to:

FYI, 50 Km/h is about 30 MPH.

#51 ·
Funny thing about Jersey, police aren't allowed to chase anymore, unless it's for a felony,etc. Most cops will still give chase for a couple minutes, but dispatch will tell them they are required to back off. Then again, they will likely have your Plate #, and they will be knocking at your door.

(actually if you listen to the scanners around newark, trenton, etc....you'll frequently hear this going on. A cop pulls someone over for a busted tail-light, car suddenly runs and darts for the expressway,:lmao)

#17 ·
In Ontario, they nail your ass to the wall with street racing/stunting which is a $1000-10000 dollar fine (depending on your history - decided in court!) + 7 day impound of the vehicle in use, and a grand finale of a 30 day licence suspension. My wife would kick my ass! Literally!

Get a GOOD lawyer! Don't take any chances in court without a lawyer present. Seriously.

#26 · (Edited)
I got nailed for doing 120 in a 65 in NY back on April 11th 2011 lol I will never forget that day. I was looking at a possible 16 points on my license, 11 for being 40+ over posted limit and another 5 for reckless driving. I had no clue the cop was behind me but I eventually got off the highway and was stopped at a red light and he finally caught up to me (so he obviously had my plate). I was only ticketed for the speed and had a 15 minute lecture from the trooper. I got a lawyer who got it reduced to 79 in a 65 which is only 4 points and a recommended defensive driving class, which removes 4 points. So all in all I got lucky as FUCK and learned my lesson because in NY 11 points you lose your license and at 110mph its considered suicidal which your supposed to lose your license for life.

#30 ·
Well the sheriff car just stopped us and made us wait until the CHP came back to talk to us.

The sheriff was cool we talked about riding and he said he rode a harley before but nothing like a sport bike ect. He was actually pretty cool.

Now the CHP was a **** and a rude ass bitch no joke, she commented on our type of bikes saying we aren't just cruising but she can't prove that and asked why my friend would need an airbag vest if we are just cruising... Dumb broad its for safety just in case.

Oh and to top it off, she drives ahead of us on the road and waits a few miles up to see if we would be speeding again, we weren't so she drives farther ahead up the road and kept waiting to catch us screwing off.

That being said we just turned around and went to a new road.

#36 ·
And everyone that don't ride sportbikes ask why do we run from the law. Look at the fines you have to pay.But in my state (TN), well at least East Tn. If a motorcycle of any kind decides to run the PO-PO have to stop the chase. This is for safety reasons for everyone. Acutually there was a case were a bike ran and the cop chased and the bike eventually wrecked and the kid passed away and the family sued and won the case. I am not saying to go out and act crazy on your bikes and if you get caught run. But on my K7 GSXR 1000 i look around real close for other cars or cops and dump the throttle and my tire comes up and the cop sees it coming toward me then thats all he is going to see of me. I would not stop to pay a fine of 1000.00 to 10000.00 dollars. We don't have tracks close to us. So we just play where we know its the safest. And we go ride the dragon for curves.

#52 ·
Speak for yourself.

I live in East TN and I don't run from the "PO-PO". But then again, I also don't pop wheelies nor ride like an asshat on public roads so I don't give them a reason to pull me over.

But if they do decide to pull me over, I would pull over immediately. If I did stupid shit which resulted in a fine of $1k-$10k...then I would pay the fine.

If you don't do stupid shit, you won't get fined. It is easy as that.

And YOU go ride the Dragon for the curves, I do not. Too many squids.

Yes - you do have tracks close to you. There are several tracks less than 5hrs away and a few as close as 3hrs away.

Like I said, speak for yourself. Do not assume that everyone in East TN is as unresponsible as you.

#40 ·
I tried to hold my tongue from the other poster. But if you don't like reading old threads then don't pull them back up. I see you can yell smack in Canada. To bad you don't live closer. We could have some fun.:hammer Now go argue with someone else cause i don't argue with stupid. I seen my mistake and admitted it. So go trash someone else.

#43 ·
your mistake isn't that you revived an old thread. your mistake is the talk about running from the cops. while I certainly can't and won't tell you what to do in your own time, I will tell you that talking about how you or your crew "ran from the cops and it was awesome and everyone should do it and this is why" .... that shit doesn't fly around here :)

now back to your regularly scheduled thread. Welcome to GDC :)

#41 ·
What are you two guys or girls or whatever you are rules for posting. Only post within 5 minutes after new post and no longer than a month or what. And do i need to just go to every thread and at least post hi or bye or something like that to get my post up? Just don't worry about my post. If it's that bad to post that far back then i guess they need to be deleted after a month you think? :scratch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.